Nice Opinion Piece on Gus

Proud Tiger

Like you you said in the title:  it's an opinion piece.  I have no ill will towards Malzahn, and am glad he found a place where he can continue doing what he enjoys.  However ... I have watched enough of his offense over the years he was at AU to know that I am extremely glad I won't ever have to watch that crap again -- unless I go out of my way view a UCF game(!)   It's a new day on the Plains with Harsin & company.  War.  Damn.  Eagle.  

3 minutes ago, AUloggerhead said:

Like you you said in the title:  it's an opinion piece.  I have no ill will towards Malzahn, and am glad he found a place where he can continue doing what he enjoys.  However ... I have watched enough of his offense over the years he was at AU to know that I am extremely glad I won't ever have to watch that crap again -- unless I go out of my way view a UCF game(!)   It's a new day on the Plains with Harsin & company.  War.  Damn.  Eagle.  

Yep . I am ready to move on and support CBH

Best of luck to Gus. I hope he stays there for the next 20 years.

I'm ready to see the Harsin/Bobo offense and the Mason defense hit the Plains.

As for Brandon Marcello....meh. He should go cover the Knights.

4 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Best of luck to Gus. I hope he stays there for the next 20 years.

I'm ready to see the Harsin/Bobo offense and the Mason defense hit the Plains.

As for Brandon Marcello....meh. He should go cover the Knights.

I do wish Gus the best and have no ill will, but man I'm glad he's gone.

As for Marcello, it would be nice if he were gone to.  He has nothing positive to say about Auburn and just stirs the pot.  I quit paying attention to him a long time ago...

2 hours ago, AUZoom said:

I do wish Gus the best and have no ill will, but man I'm glad he's gone.

As for Marcello, it would be nice if he were gone to.  He has nothing positive to say about Auburn and just stirs the pot.  I quit paying attention to him a long time ago...

When Marcello says Gus' hire is the best hire ahead of the Sarkisian hire...then we know he is doing just a helpful piece for Gus. I guess his car ride interview w/ Gus bonded them at some point. :)

No way Gus' hire is better than Sark's....

19 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

When Marcello says Gus' hire is the best hire ahead of the Sarkisian hire...then we know he is doing just a helpful piece for Gus. I guess his car ride interview w/ Gus bonded them at some point. :)

I agree.  It just goes with Marcello's MO to write something disparaging towards Auburn.  I think he enjoys any way he can twist a story to make Auburn look bad...

On 3/3/2021 at 2:50 PM, steeleagle said:

I think Marcello is grading on a curve. He's comparing a winning head coach from the toughest division in college football who was OC in a national championship and HC that played for another being hired by UCF vs. a hire by Texas of a former HC at Washington and USC where he had middling results who became OC at Bama where he shined brightly. 

Texas SHOULD have what college football considers big time hires.  UCF is expected to get up and comers, not big time hires.

Regardless of what some considerable portion of AU fans may think, it seems that many if not most outside of the AU fan base still consider Malzahn a big time hire. 

Grading on that kind of curve, I  think Marcello has a solid argument. 

13 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

I think Marcello is grading on a curve. He's comparing a winning head coach from the toughest division in college football who was OC in a national championship and HC that played for another being hired by UCF vs. a hire by Texas of a former HC at Washington and USC where he had middling results who became OC at Bama where he shined brightly. 

Texas SHOULD have what college football considers big time hires.  UCF is expected to get up and comers, not big time hires.

Regardless of what some considerable portion of AU fans may think, it seems that many if not most outside of the AU fan base still consider Malzahn a big time hire. 

Grading on the kind of curve, I  think Marcello has a solid argument. 

I understand what you are saying to some extent, but living in central FL and knowing several UCF fans who were unimpressed by the hire to say the least...I'd argue that there are those outside the AU fan base who don't see it as a big time hire.  I think that Marcello just wants to find some negative way to spin a story on Auburn in any thinly veiled way he can.  I used to follow him, but just got so tired of all his negativity.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want a complete sunshine pumper, but dang, he just finds any way he can to take a jab at Auburn IMO...

If i was a UCF fan i would be hopeful about the Malzahn hire. I don't agree that he was hands down best hire this season. He is a coach trying to resurrect his career after a disappointing finish to his stint here at Auburn. So would you rather have an up and comer or an established coach that has some success in his history?? Gus is probably a safer bet of at least not being a disaster like an up and comer has the chance to be. And I think Gus may be happy to stay longer versus an up and comer so that would be a plus for me as a fan. Maybe Gus turns out to be their Mack Brown. 

19 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

Grading on the kind of curve, I  think Marcello has a solid argument. 

I understand 'grading on a curve', as I may never have graduated from Auburn, if not for some professor's 'grading on a curve'. :)

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I understand 'grading on a curve', as I may never have graduated from Auburn, if not for some professor's 'grading on a curve'. :)

Doesn't this statement speak for everyone of us?  :dunno:

On 3/2/2021 at 3:44 PM, Proud Tiger said:

I don't.

I hope he falls flat on his face.  

What he has done to some talented kids dreams with his mismanagement of this program is criminal.  All the while he bilked the AU family for millions while doing a half ass job.  Glad he's gone.  I'm holding a grudge.

6 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

I don't.

I hope he falls flat on his face.  

What he has done to some talented kids dreams with his mismanagement of this program is criminal.  All the while he bilked the AU family for millions while doing a half ass job.  Glad he's gone.  I'm holding a grudge.

2nd this. I hope he fails miserably. 

26 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

2nd this. I hope he fails miserably. 

This is hilarious. Gus is so deep into some of y'all's heads I doubt you will ever be sane again. He busted his butt here, trying to do the best job possible. He had some big wins along the way but in the end it didn't work out and it was time for him to move on. It's looking more and more like some of you will never recover from the irrational hatred you developed for Gus. I don't normally recommend shrinks, but some of you need to visit one. He/she might help with your mental disorder.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

This is hilarious. Gus is so deep into some of y'all's heads I doubt you will ever be sane again. He busted his butt here, trying to do the best job possible. He had some big wins along the way but in the end it didn't work out and it was time for him to move on. It's looking more and more like some of you will never recover from the irrational hatred you developed for Gus. I don't normally recommend shrinks, but some of you need to visit one. He/she might help with your mental disorder.

Busted his butt while he was here? :rollin: 

Watching him fail at UCF is going to be fun to watch. Like a comedy you watch for enjoyment. It's good for your mental health. 

3 hours ago, AUGoo said:

BUT but but.... money meant nothing to Gus, he wasn't here for the money.  Gus loved Auburn. :drippingsarcasm7pa:

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

He busted his butt here, trying to do the best job possible

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886bvs4pnpsng5ww9mwce

On 3/2/2021 at 5:39 PM, sdgray1231 said:

Are DAG andAUloggerhead the same poster/person?? Interesting...

you will figure it out if you stay long enough. folks are tough on newbies pretty often until they prove they are not trolls. and a lot of days we have some tough crowds here and at one time or another just about everyone becomes a target. i am a big ol fat boy with no butt because it has chewed off mostly. sometimes i deserved it but at times i think they just liked the taste. welcome to aufam.

Archived