who, on a staff, can actually recruit?

TigerPAC

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

He had Armoni Goodwin locked up until the coaching change so I’m not sure why you say that.

I mean, he's still here.  Things have only gotten better.  If he was truly as locked up as many people claimed and loves Caddy, he wouldn't have bolted that fast.  I think its been oversold how much of an Auburn lock he was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

ink its been oversold how much of an Auburn lock he was.

I think you’re wrong but it’s your opinion.

1 minute ago, toddc said:

I think you’re wrong but it’s your opinion.

Ah wait.  Had RB mixed up.  My bad.  Yeah I agree with you on Goodwin.  If we had a normal season I think he could have been saved, but the season ended so late and NSD was in a weird time.

I was talking about Emmanuel Henderson.

I like Caddy & think he's been good.  Agree with you on Tank.  It was kind of obvious he wasn't Harsin's first coach.  We courted a few RB coaches before being turned down twice then eventually "hired" Carnell.  Just putting out "rumors" as to why.

22 hours ago, W.E.D said:

was talking about Emmanuel Henderson.

I don’t think any recruiter would have been able to keep Henderson from going to the turds. The writing was on the wall well before he committed. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toddc said:

I don’t think any recruiter would have been able to keep Henderson from going to the turds. The writing was on the wall well before he committed. 

Maybe, but last Fall most expected him to be at Auburn.

I think we had a shot at Henderson because he liked Auburn, but after many years of watching bama o-line create large holes for bama rb's and a history of rotating bama rb's so they don't get worn out, plus seeing how many RB's were drafted and what position in the draft from bama Henderson chose where he thought he had best shot to showcase his skills and get to NFL.  I think Caddy kept it close but winning and putting people in NFL won out.

We need to keep Tank healthy and have a monster year while still rotating people then have him in consideration for awards and drafted into NFL then repeat with another back after Tank. We do that and we can compete for players like Henderson who likes Auburn but want the better chance to go to NFL.  The elite players are thinking about NFL and which team will help them get there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I think we had a shot at Henderson because he liked Auburn, but after many years of watching bama o-line create large holes for bama rb's and a history of rotating bama rb's so they don't get worn out, plus seeing how many RB's were drafted and what position in the draft from bama Henderson chose where he thought he had best shot to showcase his skills and get to NFL.  I think Caddy kept it close but winning and putting people in NFL won out.

We need to keep Tank healthy and have a monster year while still rotating people then have him in consideration for awards and drafted into NFL then repeat with another back after Tank. We do that and we can compete for players like Henderson who likes Auburn but want the better chance to go to NFL.  The elite players are thinking about NFL and which team will help them get there.

100%

2 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

To add to that, we need an RB to go to the league then another after him.  Not sure that person is on the roster right now, but we need more than 1 player every 5 years going to the NFL in the top 3 rounds to start getting a pipeline of players.

Goes for every position.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, toddc said:

Yup! Apparently Bama had him a lot longer than we realized, like around a year or more.

7 hours ago, ellitor said:

Yup! Apparently Bama had him a lot longer than we realized, like around a year or more.

I’m tired of getting trolled like this by recruits....

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

When we're recruiting on 3* kids I'm not sure he'll have much more talent /s