Thanks, Rush!

bigbird

On 3/9/2021 at 8:27 PM, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Ok first of all, are you from the wire grass area or coffee county? I ask because I went to Enterprise and those are two really random towns to choose from to make your point. Secondly, I agree. It is frustrating that Auburn was investigated for 2 years because another school wanted to pay a player. Let that sink in. That would be like 2 kids in a different class getting in a fight and your kid gets suspended because one of the 2 kids' friends transferred to your class lol. 

No, sir. We went through Opp going to Florida and I dated a gorgeous gal from Elba decades ago. And Enterprise had the best looking gals in bass fishing country! But you are right. I worked with a trust fund baby that introduced me to the smartest UA people in the world. They invented the cheat, and laughed their a$$ off that they got Cam's reputation ruined. We are complete amateurs at AU, and deserve to get busted cause we are so bad at it. According to the experts, anyway.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to do with Rush's current drama, but a little history to share.

I have often wondered how Propst' career would have turned out had Benjamin Russell hired him back in '97. He was in Eufaula at the time, and interviewed for the job. Phil Lazenby was hired instead, and lead BR to its' first ever state championship game appearance in his first year. And a 2nd in 2000.

Willie Carl Martin took over in '01 and in his first year, BR went a 3rd time, winning their first and only state championship. Martin stayed through '06. That's when Saban hired him away to join his first "support" staff at Bama, which was a gut punch to many of us. During Martin's BR tenure, 4 players (Marquis Gunn, Eric Brock, Michael Goggans, Eltoro Freeman) all went to Auburn and were major contributors.

But back to Rush. Clearly there was talent in Alex City from '97-'06. And the BR job, thanks to Steve Savarese, became attractive and one of the best paying. The ambitious Propst might have bolted for Hoover in 2000 anyway, but would have knowing he was leaving a talented roster behind. It's obvious now, more than ever, the man would have turned out just as crooked no matter where his coaching path would have taken him.

Speaking of Steve Savarese. The long time AHSAA Executive Director, coached Cornelius Bennett at Ensley, prior to taking, and elevating the BR program from '85 through '96. Savarese was a big time winner with stellar regular seasons. But they always choked to inferior teams in the 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. It was well known he quietly had a strong dislike for Auburn/Dye, much to the chagrin of many of us. Due to Russell Athletic hiring so many Auburn grads through the years, Alex City was a big Auburn town. But then NAFTA kicked in.....and the rest as they say, is history.

Rush is as full of crap as a Christmas turkey.  He has no insider information about Kirby or Saban he’s just making that crap up to try to scam some “funny money” out of the boosters so he can put it in his own pocket.

On 3/9/2021 at 8:27 PM, AUFightingSoldiers said:

Ok first of all, are you from the wire grass area or coffee county? I ask because I went to Enterprise and those are two really random towns to choose from to make your point. Secondly, I agree. It is frustrating that Auburn was investigated for 2 years because another school wanted to pay a player. Let that sink in. That would be like 2 kids in a different class getting in a fight and your kid gets suspended because one of the 2 kids' friends transferred to your class lol. 

Another Coffee County poster in the house!!! I don't know why anyone would accuse us fine lower Alabama folks from anything unethical. Hee!

11 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Rush is as full of crap as a Christmas turkey.  He has no insider information about Kirby or Saban he’s just making that crap up to try to scam some “funny money” out of the boosters so he can put it in his own pocket.

i don't know what all rush knows, but he is correct on the angus cooper stuff.  all of the REC meetings in lower AL occur at the cooper's residence/facility of choice.  i personally know 2 physicians who are REC members--every now and then they talk about it casually but no details of course.

12 hours ago, weagl1 said:

Rush is likely "rushing" around covering his ass after his comments about the Hoover PD funneling $30,000 from confiscated drug money to him and then claiming the former Mayor of Hoover giving City funds to his Hoover HS football program. Funny money indeed. 

9 hours ago, keesler said:

Rush is likely "rushing" around covering his ass after his comments about the Hoover PD funneling $30,000 from confiscated drug money to him and then claiming the former Mayor of Hoover giving City funds to his Hoover HS football program. Funny money indeed. 

I talked to some folks from Moultrie a few weeks ago and it’s hard to believe they put up with him for as long as they did.  He was recruiting players over there the same way he did with the QB he tried to bring into Valdosta from the west coast.  He was supposedly scamming people out of money the whole time he was there.  It seems he has this sense of entitlement that is second to none.  

On 3/16/2021 at 9:30 PM, weagl1 said:

I suggest you google Hoovergate. Rush knows exactly how those two operate. He was knee deep in it with Jeremy Pruitt. Rush may be a shyster, but he is or was a successful shyster in many places.  

17 hours ago, weagl1 said:

I talked to some folks from Moultrie a few weeks ago and it’s hard to believe they put up with him for as long as they did.  He was recruiting players over there the same way he did with the QB he tried to bring into Valdosta from the west coast.  He was supposedly scamming people out of money the whole time he was there.  It seems he has this sense of entitlement that is second to none.  

Colquitt and Valdosta caught him skimming thousands from their HS booster clubs for his own personal use.  Then when the football supporters started secretly taping his conversations, danged if he didn't start trying throw his sales pitch to the very booster that was taping him.  :dead:

Archived