Gus's First Commit At UCF Is An OT. Lol

Chaotic_zx

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently after years of embarrassment leading to being fired, Gus has proven, in fact, he can adjust and evolve

7 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Apparently after years of embarrassment leading to being fired, Gus has proven, in fact, he can adjust and evolve

I ain't buying it. Let's wait and see how many tight ends he signs.

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Want to make a friendly bet on this? 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Poor kid. His OL coach is Herb Hand which means he will not be developed.

What is even sadder is that Gus will be the one telling Herb how to coach him. Gus isn't going to change that. 

Still in amazement at the Herbs and T-Will's. Herd absolutely dogged Gus to a bunch of folks when he left for Texas. 

3 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't think Gus was embarrassed about last year at all also. "Rebuilding" is what was going on. 

No, Gus wasn't embarrassed...he just embarrassed us.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I don't think Gus was embarrassed about last year at all also. "Rebuilding" is what was going on. 

The only embarrassing seasons Gus had for Gus was 2015 and 2018.  Im probably saying nothing new to WarDamnEagleWDE but Gus was always able to justify to himself his 8-5 seasons.  2014 He probably takes blame for because every season up until that Gus truly did not believe he needed a defense.  2015 Gus found out that 1. He doesn't know how to break down film, 2. doesn't know how to attack a zone defense 3. doesn't know how to teach his QBs how to read a zone defense.  To this day Gus probably believes he can coach QBs.  It has been reiterated to me several times how great of a person Gus actually is.  He was always willing to listen to anyone's advice, problem is he never took it because no one understood what and how Gus was trying to accomplish.  At least thats how many felt.  I dont want to use the word arrogant but maybe hubris best describes the guy.  Gus was/is and always will be a high school coach with a high school mindset.  He believes less is more.  Dont confuse QBs with extra drills.  Less plays you have the better you can perfect them.  Gus was ultra secretive.  Now that hes gone and being able to talk to a couple of people I am at a loss at how simple the problems were under Gus and it all comes down to Gus has no business beyond Division 2

2 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

The only embarrassing seasons Gus had for Gus was 2015 and 2018.  Im probably saying nothing new to WarDamnEagleWDE but Gus was always able to justify to him.........  Dont confuse QBs with extra drills. ..........

Or extra receivers.

• WarTiger changed the title to Maldonado commits to Central Florida
  • ellitor changed the title to Gus's First Commit At UCF Is An OT. Lol
15 hours ago, bigbird said:

I can almost see the yellow font...😂. He recruited one or two his first couple years here as well. 

7 hours ago, C'viewTiger said:

I can almost see the yellow font...😂

Sarcasm is best when subtle...unless you're E

31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Sarcasm is best when subtle...unless you're E

I like subtle sarcasm. Since I can't hear in on the net I just need a 100 post minimum record from a poster to know it's subtle sarcasm without having to be told it is. lol

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I like subtle sarcasm. Since I can't hear in on the net I just need a 100 post minimum record from a poster to know it's subtle sarcasm without having to be told it is. lol

You're a legend here, E!

23 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What is even sadder is that Gus will be the one telling Herb how to coach him. Gus isn't going to change that. 

Still in amazement at the Herbs and T-Will's. Herd absolutely dogged Gus to a bunch of folks when he left for Texas. 

I was going to say, this feels like a token "win" that he gave Herb which we all know will ultimately prove meaningless as he reverts back to his micromanaging ways. Chip Lindsey and Chad Morris really did think they were going to get to run their offenses at this stage of the game, too. 

Unless he just really loves Orlando, Herb's probably already lining up his next gig. 

23 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

What is sadder still is the unhealthy fixation so many posters here have concerning Gus. He's gone. Why can't  y'all get him out of your heads? Is he a permanent fixture there, or are you just waiting for Spring practice so you can start in on Harsin?

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What is sadder still is the unhealthy fixation so many posters here have concerning Gus. He's gone. Why can't  y'all get him out of your heads? Is he a permanent fixture there, or are you just waiting for Spring practice so you can start in on Harsin?

@Mikey He’s not in our heads. He’s just going to get talked about at his new coaching gig and joked on about his weaknesses just like any other past AU head coach does.

15 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Mikey He’s not in our heads. He’s just going to get talked about at his new coaching gig and joked on about his weaknesses just like any other past AU head coach does.

Some don't like it when their hero turns out to be a zero. 

Archived