Gus's First Commit At UCF Is An OT. Lol

Chaotic_zx

33 minutes ago, Mikey said:

What is sadder still is the unhealthy fixation so many posters here have concerning Gus. He's gone. Why can't  y'all get him out of your heads? Is he a permanent fixture there, or are you just waiting for Spring practice so you can start in on Harsin?

We’re not fixated on him. Some of us are just still a little bitter he wasted a better half of a decade of Auburn football by being complacent and not trying to compete at the highest level. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny, you see no such accusations of fixation as long as the conversation is positive.

Pat Dye hasn't been Auburn's coach for almost 30 years, yet some people- Gus apologist crybabies chief among them- still talk about him as though he's been on staff the entire time. 

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

I like subtle sarcasm. Since I can't hear in on the net I just need a 100 post minimum record from a poster to know it's subtle sarcasm without having to be told it is. lol

sarcasm pegged inline - randomgif - Gallery - Twins Daily

Keep this handy it will help.    @ellitor

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Some don't like it when their hero turns out to be a zero. 

Gus was certainly not my hero and I thought it was time for him to go. But he was a nice person and his family liked Auburn. So it escapes me why anyone wants anything but good for him at UCF. I for sure have more respect for him than some of this so-called Auburn Family. Not referring to you but why do you call him a zero?

12 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Breaking News: Kevin Steele hired at UCF!!

Does that shoot down another rumor? LOL

33 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Does that shoot down another rumor? LOL

Nope. Lol Gus is just that obtuse.

1 hour ago, Proud Tiger said:

Not referring to you but why do you call him a zero?

Football coaches are held to a different standard. It's not good enough to be a good man. A good man is the bare minimum. Gus wasted almost a decade of some of the best talent Auburn has ever assembled with maddening schemes, piss poor player development and utilization, and a refusal to adjust or evolve.  As far as good men go, he was golden. As far as football coaches go, he was a zero IMO.

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Football coaches are held to a different standard. It's not good enough to be a good man. A good man is the bare minimum. Gus wasted almost a decade of some of the best talent Auburn has ever assembled with maddening schemes, piss poor player development and utilization, and a refusal to adjust or evolve.  As far as good men go, he was golden. As far as football coaches go, he was a zero IMO.

I got it, you don't like him but IMHO but I don't think he is a zero even as coach. Les Miles comes a lot closer. The important thing is UCF likes him and i wish him well.

7 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

I got it, you don't like him but IMHO but I don't think he is a zero even as coach. Les Miles comes a lot closer. The important thing is UCF likes him and i wish him well.

As AU's HC, I definitely think he was.  but I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.  

FWIW, Les had much better and more sustained success

Gus:

1 Yr Arkansas State  9 3  .750

8 Yrs Auburn 68 35  .660

Les:

4 Yrs Oklahoma State  28 21  .571 

12 Yrs LSU  114 34  .770 

The good man thing always makes me laugh. Also the guys who don't want anything said about Gus but are very quick to talk about players. Why can't Gus also receive the he wasn't good enough to be here good riddance treatment? 

What about the other coaches? They were good men too and some gave much more to Auburn......it's they will fit better there and good riddance to them as well.....but Gus is supposed to be off limits. Get real

3 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Breaking News: Kevin Steele hired at UCF!!

@Randman5000 were you playing a joke? I don’t see anything about Steele to UCF.

37 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The good man thing always makes me laugh. Also the guys who don't want anything said about Gus but are very quick to talk about players. Why can't Gus also receive the he wasn't good enough to be here good riddance treatment? 

What about the other coaches? They were good men too and some game much more to Auburn......it's they will fit better there and good riddance to them as well.....but Gus is supposed to be off limits. Get real

I bet Jake Holland is a pretty good guy. Probably some of those offensive linemen with 3 knee scopes from actually playing the sport and who will never get paid a dime beyond their scholarship, too.

But the multi-millionaire who held their careers in his hand yet refused to learn any new concepts to help them succeed is off limits. Got it. 

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

As AU's HC, I definitely think he was.  but I'm not trying to convince you otherwise.  

FWIW, Les had much better and more sustained success

Gus:

1 Yr Arkansas State  9 3  .750

8 Yrs Auburn 68 35  .660

Les:

4 Yrs Oklahoma State  28 21  .571 

12 Yrs LSU  114 34  .770 

There is more to a coach than his record. That's why Les Miles just got fired at Kansas. A good man helps to make an impression on a lot of kid's mammas in recruiting visits.

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

A lot of football coaches aren't good men. In fact, a case can be made that many are not. We could start with Petrino, who some here wanted Auburn to hire and make a long, long list of sorry men who coach football. Gus wouldn't be on that list.

There is no logical reason for anyone to wish Gus to fail at his next job. There is plenty of illogical hatred here and that's says more about the haters than it does Coach Malzahn.

12 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

Gus was certainly not my hero and I thought it was time for him to go. But he was a nice person and his family liked Auburn. So it escapes me why anyone wants anything but good for him at UCF. I for sure have more respect for him than some of this so-called Auburn Family. Not referring to you but why do you call him a zero?

Nice person? Why do you think that ? Every where Gus has went there has been some sort of drama. Arkansas - Drama with Houston Nutt and the Mustain family , Arkansas State- left after initially saying he wasn’t going to go and now their fans can’t stand him, Auburn as an OC- drama with Gene. Auburn as a HC- drama with multiple assistants , boosters , etc. Arkansas: a good bit of the state hates him. I don’t think he is as nice as people make him out to be. 

7 hours ago, Proud Tiger said:

There is more to a coach than his record. That's why Les Miles just got fired at Kansas. A good man helps to make an impression on a lot of kid's mammas in recruiting visits.

Nick Saban and Coach Kirby seems to make great impressions on recruits . Do you consider them good men?

The same people who in another thread insisted they were not Gus fans first over being Auburn fans are the same ones here defending him to the death like they are on the UCF pay roll now  any time he gets mentioned. I am sorry is there some kind of Gus alert function I am not aware of on AU family? The Gus Bus is still alive and well I see. They swoop in anytime in threads when his name gets dropped. HE. IS. NOT. THE. AU. COACH. ANYMORE. If someone wants to make a totally understandable and legitimate joke about how ironic it is that a OT is his first commit then WHO. THE. F@#K CARES?!?!? 

11 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

The same people who in another thread insisted they were not Gus fans first over being Auburn fans are the same ones here defending to the death like they are on the UCF pay roll now him any time he gets mentioned. I am sorry is there some kind of Gus alert function I am not aware of on AU family? The Gus Bus is still alive and well I see. They swoop in anytime in threads when his name gets dropped. HE. IS. NOT. THE. AU. COACH. ANYMORE. If someone wants to make a totally understandable and legitimate joke about how ironic it is that a OT is his first commit then WHO. THE. F@#K CARES?!?!? 

It’s crazy how accurate your post is because the main suspect defense to this was always “ I will support any coach who is on the Auburn sidelines.” Now this same coach is at UCF and he is still supporting him to death. Clearly a Gus fan and I honestly believe a select few hope that CBH isn’t nearly as successful here, so they can say we should’ve never fired Gus. 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s crazy how accurate your post is because the main suspect defense to this was always “ I will support any coach who is on the Auburn sidelines.” Now this same coach is at UCF and he is still supporting him to death. Clearly a Gus fan and I honestly believe a select few hope that CBH isn’t nearly as successful here, so they can say we should’ve never fired Gus. 

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o245/ick-xbox/Silly_pic/hammer_nail.jpg

On 3/9/2021 at 10:00 AM, woodford said:

We’re not fixated on him. Some of us are just still a little bitter he wasted a better half of a decade of Auburn football by being complacent and not trying to compete at the highest level. 

Woodford, see if I can help.  You're way to elegant in your description:

I'm still somewhat butt hurt and sore from the incompetence allowed to emanate from the hallowed halls on The Plains.  Bitching helps.

13 hours ago, DAG said:

Nick Saban and Coach Kirby seems to make great impressions on recruits . Do you consider them good men?

As far as I know yes. I don't particularly like either one for obvious reasons.

18 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

As far as I know yes. I don't particularly like either one for obvious reasons.

That is exactly how most of us feel about Gus 

Archived