Schwartz on receiving corps

chizhead

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The great news is we have the right HC and offensive staff to fix this immediately. 

3 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Is that why we always had a great week of practice?

No Doubt

22 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Ugh.  So in effect, every second of practice time spent on running routes they would never run in a game was wasted.  Smh.  Congrats to UCF --  he's all yours(!)

I have heard 2nd hand that Chip Lindsey complained about the offensive game plan being scaled way back every Friday.  So yeah, they would practice one thing all week and then only run a very limited version of what they practiced on Saturday. In all seriousness, this is why the players often talked preseason about how dangerous the offense was going to be, only to see the same old thing rolled out there during the season.  

I've been telling you people this for years. year(S). Like over 5. 

The game plans have also been changed the night before games a bunch of times. Practiced all week and didn't use any of it. 

I've said this time and time again, when the stuff leaks out what went on, you will all know why I dislike Gus and most of his staff as much as I do / did. 

18 minutes ago, Howard Roark said:

I have heard 2nd hand that Chip Lindsey complained about the offensive game plan being scaled way back every Friday.  So yeah, they would practice one thing all week and then only run a very limited version of what they practiced on Saturday. In all seriousness, this is why the players often talked preseason about how dangerous the offense was going to be, only to see the same old thing rolled out there during the season.  

Bwahahah!

Fool me once, shame on you .......

Fool me about the 6th or 7th time means I'm a Freaking Idiot!

5 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've been telling you people this for years

You sure have, but damn it was so hard to believe at first. Now, not at all. Paranoid high school coach all the way

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would Gus and company do something like this? Was Gus just insecure in the game plan or overthinking things to the point he would only want to do the same simple strategy every time? I don't get it.

Is this some self sabotage stuff ? I remember hearing that he changed the Clemson game plan previous the day before the game but to continuously do this crap. Smh

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I don't get it.

nor does anybody else. I agree with with Shelby Lowes mama. We were talking about him this morning and I was telling her how Gus had destroyed all the enthusiasm that I used to have she said," it'll be better, he's gone now." Simple, but to the point

Just now, DAG said:

Is this some self sabotage stuff ? I remember hearing that he changed the Clemson game plan previous the day before the game but to continuously do this crap. Smh

Its crazy to me. WDE is someone that I pay attention to. When he posts something, deposit it in the bank and write checks on it But when he posted that the first time, even I doubted it being true. NOW, I would like to hear the rest of the story. Maybe WDE can funnel it through Ellitor in a PM, or someone else if it put E in a bad position. I am sure I am not the only one that would like to hear about it

But I was stupid when I tried to explain how the wr coach couldn't be blamed for that......

21 minutes ago, DAG said:

The Friday night before the game. Not afternoon, night. 

26 minutes ago, DAG said:

My thought is that GM simply did not know how to plan a strategic game against a tough opponent. I know we snuck a few upsets in there during his tenure, but once 2013 was over, real college coaches weren’t fooled and knew how to out coach him. He may do well at UCF if he is willing to rethink some of his plans. I’m just glad we finally have a chance to move on with a guy that has real college HC experience, even if it takes him a couple of years to acclimate to the SEC. I think he will change our football program from the better, because if he is a bit nervous, chances are we won’t notice it. 

16 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

I know we snuck a few upsets in there during his tenure

A lot of folks like to say "yeah but" with regards to the upsets, but the thing is... they were in fact upsets. Because we were believed to be inferior to those teams. And, for the most part, we were. Really, those upsets just proved that we had way more talent than our game plans suggested on a weekly and annual basis. 

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've been telling you people this for years. year(S). Like over 5. 

The game plans have also been changed the night before games a bunch of times. Practiced all week and didn't use any of it. 

I've said this time and time again, when the stuff leaks out what went on, you will all know why I dislike Gus and most of his staff as much as I do / did. 

I was right there with you. I have a former player that I talk to weekly but it wouldn't even have to be stuff from him. Stuff didn't make sense but you know how it goes when you say stuff people don't want to hear 🙉

2 hours ago, oracle79 said:

So at least we've practiced this stuff so maybe it's not going to be a massive learning curve for some players

39 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The Friday night before the game. Not afternoon, night. 

But why? Was the psychotic dolt worried about a mole on the staff, or just crazy? Insecure? This is like a movie plot, maybe "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"

8 minutes ago, chizhead said:

But why? Was the psychotic dolt worried about a mole on the staff, or just crazy? Insecure? This is like a movie plot, maybe "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"

Nah, he was just saving all those plays for the Purdue bowl game.

Always appreciate your input WDE. Great to hear from knowledgeable source. 

Archived