Schwartz on receiving corps

chizhead

1 hour ago, chizhead said:

But why? Was the psychotic dolt worried about a mole on the staff, or just crazy? Insecure? This is like a movie plot, maybe "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"

Sometimes inspiration hits you at the craziest hour.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

I've been telling you people this for years. year(S). Like over 5. 

The game plans have also been changed the night before games a bunch of times. Practiced all week and didn't use any of it. 

I've said this time and time again, when the stuff leaks out what went on, you will all know why I dislike Gus and most of his staff as much as I do / did. 

Yep, this isnt new news. I can remember hearing this before specific games on several occasions. It's just so inexplicable that people find it hard to believe.

2 hours ago, chizhead said:

But why? Was the psychotic dolt worried about a mole on the staff, or just crazy? Insecure? This is like a movie plot, maybe "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest"

Motivated by fear. It directed everything he did. 

Gus was always going to revert back to who he is. Never have I shook my head more than when I would hear someone say we should go back to our 2013 offense. 

You mean handing the ball to the same RB 12 times in a row? Gus had the unique situation in 2013 to have the personnel to continually run the ball into 8-9 man fronts. When that rare blend of talent left Gus was a man lost in the wilderness without a compass. 

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

The game plans have also been changed the night before games a bunch of times. Practiced all week and didn't use any of it. 

I've said this time and time again, when the stuff leaks out what went on, you will all know why I dislike Gus and most of his staff as much as I do / did. 

I don't understand why anyone would do this.  Care to expand? 

24 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I don't understand why anyone would do this.  Care to expand? 

Complete-Idiots-Guides-To-Coaching-Colle

Reason number 12,000 I never wanted Gus . It is truly a high school offense . He never developed and underutilized. Wasted years and wasted talent 

10 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

I noticed no WR's followed him to UCF  

I think Nate Craig Myers circled the wagons and actually did...... That to me is one of the most puzzling moves. He is one of the main guys I think about when it comes to wasted potential. All Gus wanted him to do was play the shedrick jackson blocking WR role almost exclusively too.

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

I think Nate Craig Myers circled the wagons and actually did...... That to me is one of the most puzzling moves. He is one of the main guys I think about when it comes to wasted potential. All Gus wanted him to do was play the shedrick jackson blocking WR role almost exclusively too.

very true  forgot about him.   maybe colorado was even worse. 

5 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would Gus and company do something like this? Was Gus just insecure in the game plan or overthinking things to the point he would only want to do the same simple strategy every time? I don't get it.

Yep................................but always has thought he is the smartest coach in the country

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Gus was always going to revert back to who he is. Never have I shook my head more than when I would hear someone say we should go back to our 2013 offense. 

You mean handing the ball to the same RB 12 times in a row? Gus had the unique situation in 2013 to have the personnel to continually run the ball into 8-9 man fronts. When that rare blend of talent left Gus was a man lost in the wilderness without a compass. 

And on theme with this thread, apparently Allen Greene or maybe it was Leath (in his short stay) was reportedly flabbergasted upon first attending a Gus practice because he knew we ran RBs to death in actual games, but they were basically stagnant in practice. Wouldn't condition or work them at all. 

4 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You would think if you're going to ride guys to death you'd prepare their bodies for it.

😁 I'm sure Tre Mason could barely muster the energy to walk to class Monday- Friday. Seriously, I was many times concerned the guy was going to collapse on the field in the middle of a game.

I think this is actually a good opportunity to look at ourselves about blindly following people as well. Look at how many things that we were cool with when you know it doesn't make sense. Like having legit have to argue about not playing a back up qb during blow outs and stuff like that.....I guess I'm just saying when stuff doesn't make sense expect some people to question it and you don't have to bite their heads off because they aren't willing to follow a guy no matter what like you may be willing to do.

We had some really dumb arguments about stuff that is common sense.

I never had to hear this to believe it. But it’s good to here confirmation from a player. Just look how the receivers looked when supposedly running routes or their expressions after blocking. 

2 hours ago, auskip07 said:

very true  forgot about him.   maybe colorado was even worse. 

Well......it was Colorado State.    Guess who their Head Coach was in 2019 and what that former Head Coach is doing now

You guessed it, Mike Bobo, our new OC

9 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

phoebe-buffay.gif

39 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

It's really insane to think about a coach intentionally having plays with real routes and DECIDING to run garbage repeatedly all game lol.

FOR A DECADE!!!! 

I seriously want a 30 for 30 on Gus. I think the takeaway would be amazement. Not at how bad he was. Amazement at how many games he somehow won while BEING so bad.

11 hours ago, auskip07 said:

I noticed no WR's followed him to UCF  

NCM is rejoining him there, but Orlando is also within an hour drive of his hometown so that may have been the primary reason.

5 minutes ago, dilligas said:

NCM is rejoining him there, but Orlando is also within an hour drive of his hometown so that may have been the primary reason.

And we know that Gus has long been capable of convincing talented WRs to come play for him despite never having featured one in his offense or displaying any ability to prepare one for the NFL. 8 years and DSlay- a 5th rounder- is the only one to have a legit NFL career. That is criminal.

Anyway. I think you're right about proximity to home. And now NCM has less competition. And who knows, it might be his best offer. He didn't light it up at Colorado, either. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

And we know that Gus has long been capable of convincing talented WRs to come play for him despite never having featured one in his offense or displaying any ability to prepare one for the NFL. 8 years and DSlay- a 5th rounder- is the only one to have a legit NFL career. That is criminal.

Anyway. I think you're right about proximity to home. And now NCM has less competition. And who knows, it might be his best offer. He didn't light it up at Colorado, either. 

Best offer and close to home. NCM was never the same after he torn his knee up in high school. Kid was elite his JR in high school, got hurt and was 1/2 the player after. Shame. 

Just now, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Best offer and close to home. NCM was never the same after he torn his knee up in high school. Kid was elite his JR in high school, got hurt and was 1/2 the player after. Shame. 

He was the #1 overall recruit in the nation for a minute, wasn't he?

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He was the #1 overall recruit in the nation for a minute, wasn't he?

Absolutely fammy! He was the number 1 overall recruit for a little bit on Rivals.

Archived