Cooper Draft Talk (4/2/21 Update: Enters Draft)

ellitor

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Dude was ******* wet today, wow. Could be a paradigm shifting summer league for him if this keeps up 

Yep, looked a lot more confident shooting the 3 today. Especially that last one obviously.

• Like 1

• Like 1

I watched the game and he played great for most of the game and then not good at all the entire fourth quarter until that buzzer beater. He was trying to do too much at the end of the game and threw up some bad shots that had no chance.

But man for the rest of the game he was tossing dimes and had a nice stroke from deep. He could have had another 4 assists easy if his teammates would keep an eye out for the ball at all times. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, AuburnArch13 said:

Yep, looked a lot more confident shooting the 3 today. Especially that last one obviously.

His confidence was way higher than yesterday, even though he took and made a few. It’s clear they’re trying to vocalize to him that he needs to put em up, and the man has such a willingness to grow 

Even if he never becomes a star, he has a star level work ethic 

For anyone curious, you can see a full reel of Cooper’s plays here (points, assists, rebounds, as well as missed shots and turnovers for the full experience.)

He’s a little turnover prone right now as he’s getting used to the speed and length guys have at this level, but I think he’ll figure that out with time and I’d rather see him being aggressive than too safe. That’s what summer league is for after all. 

The three ball looked a lot better yesterday, but most were Eleuthera catch and shoot or step backs. I’d like to see him shoot them more off the screen. Guys are going under the screens a lot for him to limit his penetration, so he could definitely help himself by adding that shot to his arsenal. 

Hopefully he’ll also work on adding a floater, as he’s had some trouble finishing at the rim when there is a help defender that’s just waiting on him there.

https://www.freedawkins.com/sharife-cooper-20210810/

• Like 2

Big time play but what was most important was his assists. Still turnover prone but if he convinces everybody that he can run a team he'll get all the time he needs to work on his shot and anything else that needs improvement.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

Big time play but what was most important was his assists. Still turnover prone but if he convinces everybody that he can run a team he'll get all the time he needs to work on his shot and anything else that needs improvement.

He'll certainly earn the trust and respect of his teammates. They'll love him if he feeds them.

Sincerely,
Hoops Noob with the Captain Obvious Take

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

His shot has already shown a lot of improvement, he still has some adjustment to speed and length of other teams defenders the more he plays the better he will be on the turnovers. He has an attack mentality from what I have been reading he may be playing himself onto the Hawks regular season roster. 

12 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

His shot has already shown a lot of improvement, he still has some adjustment to speed and length of other teams defenders the more he plays the better he will be on the turnovers. He has an attack mentality from what I have been reading he may be playing himself onto the Hawks regular season roster

That's what I like to hear!!!

• Like 1

I would've liked to see him and Mitchell go against each other. 

Also Mitchell is very very good. I remember when I said we win the championship easy if he had been on the team and people argued about that. That's a dumb argument

30 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I would've liked to see him and Mitchell go against each other. 

Also Mitchell is very very good. I remember when I said we win the championship easy if he had been on the team and people argued about that. That's a dumb argument

I don’t have any weight in that back and forth but Davion is very good, and he can be another feather against the ongoing contention about prospects’ age. I think he can be like Mikal Bridges and Cam Johnson

Just about everyone has a young project guard, or can get one if they want, I’d love a continued return of the 3-4 year 21+ yo leaders