RB recruiting

AUgrad2013

Alston would be a great pickup in the 2022 class but if re-classifies to 2021 he is the kind of back who along with Shivers can take the load off of Tank so we can have a fresh Tank in the 4th quarter. Alston appears to be an every down back who could slide into RB1 when Tank leaves.

Add a starting OT Grad Transfer and the new staff would have pulled off a miracle in the 2021 class considering what they inherited. I am not saying the 2021 class matches up with the elite 2021 classes that bama, Ga, A&M pulled in but it will have filled in some weak areas with true SEC Caliber talent 

On 3/22/2021 at 1:43 AM, Rednilla said:

If he reclassifies, how likely is it that he remains a 4 star? I know it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious.

@Rednilla Unlikely. He's a low 4* now. His ratings likely drop if he is able to reclassfy. Worth noting his school has never let students graduate a year early before & are having a special meeting in the next couple of weeks to decide if they will let Alston do it. He apparently only needs to take an English class this Summer to reclassify.

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Rednilla Unlikely. He's a low 4* now. His ratings likely drop if he is able to reclassfy. Worth noting his school has never let students graduate a year early before & are having a special meeting in the next couple of weeks to decide if they will let Alston do it. He apparently only needs to take an English class this Summer to reclassify.

Still, he's a sturdy body to give us insurance, which we desperately need right now at RB.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Still, he's a sturdy body to give us insurance, which we desperately need right now at RB.

He looked like a talented, hard nosed RB, to me. I'm typically one who *does* look at stars and other offers as a rough indicator of potential, but I would be happy with this kid as a four star or a three star. I like the way he runs.

27 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Anybody know if we have offered him yet?

Doesn't appear so. Not sure why Auburn hasn't since most offers are conditional.

Who does the graphics that the high school players post?

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I don’t think so.  He had 21 offers as of March 8 according to Keith on Twitter and he wondered if Auburn may be next.  The kid has posted his offers on Twitter from 4 or 5 schools since then but no Auburn yet.  Must be smart because he has an offer from Princeton.  

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Dude is a player. Would be a solid pick up.

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Doesn't appear so. Not sure why Auburn hasn't since most offers are conditional.

Who does the graphics that the high school players post?

I'm wondering too, since there is another post farther down on his twitter page with another, but different Auburn graphic.

p.s. I do admit I did like the K-State graphic with him in it. There are some great graphic designers out there...

1 hour ago, AUinGA44 said:

Dude is a player. Would be a solid pick up.

Who would you compare him to?

46 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Who would you compare him to?

Similar frame and running style to Zamir White at UGA. Has some TJ Yeldon in his game too. 

21 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

Similar frame and running style to Zamir White at UGA. Has some TJ Yeldon in his game too. 

Never did like TJ Yeldon's game, but I really like Zamir's running...

And on the graphics these players are posting...So Auburn does their graphics even if they haven't committed to Auburn? If Auburn offers, then they will do the kid's graphic for posting? 

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Never did like TJ Yeldon's game, but I really like Zamir's running...

And on the graphics these players are posting...So Auburn does their graphics even if they haven't committed to Auburn? If Auburn offers, then they will do the kid's graphic for posting? 

Yes. Graphics have become critical in promoting a program’s brand. It’s huge in recruiting but also in overall program perception. It has trickled down to the high school level as well. 

10 hours ago, steeleagle said:

@steeleagle Some graphics are made by the schools & other by separate people for the recruits. The ones like the one that prompted your question where you see the same graphic for a number of recruits are done by the school. It's a dead give away it's the school in that sense.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

@steeleagle Some graphics are made by the schools & other by separate people for the recruits. The ones like the one that prompted your question where you see the same graphic for a number of recruits are done by the school. It's a dead give away it's the school in that sense.

That's what I figured. I wondered too, if it could be a NCAA violation if a college did the graphics for a HS player before signing. Kinda like a perk?

4 hours ago, steeleagle said:

I wondered too, if it could be a NCAA violation if a college did the graphics for a HS player before signing. Kinda like a perk?

@steeleagle Nope. Every school does it & has been for a few years now at minimum. If it was a violation it would have stopped a long time ago.

Archived