Men's NCAA Tourney Thread (Merged)

AUBwins

My whole thing tho, is I don’t see Alabama winning the natty, unless of course something unforeseen happens. They’ll have to play good to beat UM and then I don’t think they could get by gonzaga, Baylor or someone like that 

I mean it’s already “if y’all thought we were annoying, just wait” and they just made their first sweet 16 in forever. This is exactly why they don’t deserve a good basketball coach lol

43 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

My whole thing tho, is I don’t see Alabama winning the natty, unless of course something unforeseen happens. They’ll have to play good to beat UM and then I don’t think they could get by gonzaga, Baylor or someone like that 

Nate giving Bama a final 4 bid the next tourney after Auburn's will give instant recruiting cred.  I really want to keep that advantage. Plus you know Bama won't be screwed like we were and would win the whole thing.  The ball just doesn't bounce that way lol. I will be pissed if they get the ship before Bruce. 

I can't see anybody beating Gonzaga. They have great defense, great offense, are strong on the boards they basically have no weaknesses.  What is scary unless players go to NBA they will have all but 2 players back next year.

• Love 1

So, Bama is still in it. As long as they can run the floor and chunk the 3s in the hole, they have a good shot.

Reminds me of a certain team a bit further south of Tuscalooooooser a few years ago that made the final 4.

I'm already having fun. Lots of low seeds pulling off upsets. Big 10 stinking int up? YAY! ACC stinking it up? YAH  Lots of small schools knocking off big conference teams? YAy!

What team is your Cinderella? I'm going with Loyola.

Hoping that Auburn can re-join the dance next year. CBP is a great clutch coach.

Edited by AURex

I didn't make a bracket this year (infant twins, haven't watched much of anything since November) but if I did it would be Gonzaga vs Baylor in the finals as well. Those teams are for real.

Casual observation from first two rounds has me leaning towards Syracuse and Michigan being the other 2.

• ellitor changed the title to Men's NCAA Tourney Thread (Merged)
Just now, Maverick.AU said:

Of course they make a 3 with 4 seconds left after they choke. Smh

With that deadly of a 3 point team, how do you let them get that shot? I agreed that the best option was foul at inbound. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

With that deadly of a 3 point team, how do you let them get that shot? I agreed that the best option was foul at inbound. 

I’m not able to watch. I’m currently just checking on my phone

3 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Reese should be ejected for that nasty stache he has.

I’ve always disliked him more than anybody on their team.  If he’s hitting it seems like everybody is

U C L A!!!! LFG!!! Let the “bama got screwed” narrative commence!!! “This team is going to the final four”. nothing makes me happier, we all had to hear how great they were and how they were gonna make the championship game after beating powerhouse IONA.

5282873C-57B8-473E-82C4-2D55DBD25DE2.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Talk about a major choke job by Bama. Missed a TON of FTs. Even at crunch time. Seniors. Unreal. They get the benefit of UK historically down. TN NOT that good. LSU not as good. No Duke. Kansas/UNC historically weak. Bama's offense basically consisted of Q and Shack driving to the bucket. Over and over and over and over. What does Oats do on the trip prior to Reese's 3 pt heave? Jones driving to the rim. Jones is not a scorer. I'll never understand. They blew a gigantic opportunity at a Final Four. Blew it.

Yessssss! War D Bruins! lol. Glad that’s over with. Now I can enjoy the rest of the tourney without the worry of them getting it done. They were talented enough to do it. 

• Like 2

Just now, slyinsocal said:

Talk about a major choke job by Bama. Missed a TON of FTs. Even at crunch time. Seniors. Unreal. They get the benefit of UK historically down. TN NOT that good. LSU not as good. No Duke. Kansas/UNC historically weak. Bama's offense basically consisted of Q and Shack driving to the bucket. Over and over and over and over. What does Oats do on the trip prior to Reese's 3 pt heave? Jones driving to the rim. Jones is not a scorer. I'll never understand. They blew a gigantic opportunity at a Final Four. Blew it.

Exactly, even if they beat UCLA, they would have one of the easiest runs to date. We had to run the gauntlet.

• Like 1

The turds played a 15, 10, and 11 seed yet could not advance to the elite 8. Talk about getting an easy path. 😂😂

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

After their Iona game, one thing Ive noticed is there are a ton of females that talk a ton of crap that make up the backbone of Alabama Twitter 

10 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

After their Iona game, one thing Ive noticed is there are a ton of females that talk a ton of crap that make up the backbone of Alabama Twitter 

Worst fans of all time. Very glad they lost and to an 11 seed after most of the blue bloods weren't in it this year. Eff them hard.

• Love 1

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Worst fans of all time. Very glad they lost and to an 11 seed after most of the blue bloods weren't in it this year. Eff them hard.

They just don’t know how to handle being a blue blood, like us 😉

• Like 1

Nothing against any of the teams in the tourney, BUT it goes to show how outstanding we did in 2019 to reach the FINAL 4...you got to be lucky, but you got to play at a high level all the time....we beat 3 true bluebloods (UK, Kansas and UNC)...no one has ever done that...plus we played 1 1/2 games without one of our best players......it is still impressive 2 years later...

• Like 2