2021 First day of Spring Practice Notes

Maverick.AU

22 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I am hoping that Harsin isn't as paranoid as Gus and will allow at least some people outside of staff into the practices and that we will get some update on how the players look other than the staff.  With Gus it was we had a great practice every thing looks good. I can understand not wanting completely open practices as you don't want teams to be able to scout you but there should be some people outside the program who you can trust who will be objective on how the team is progressing.  

I miss the days when I was at Auburn where paranoia wasn't so prevalent and you could watch some of the practices.

Yeah, CTB and CTT would let you just walk on the practice field at least in the Spring.  

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more interested in what hat Coach Harsin will wear on game day. :)

I noticed the cap he is wearing in the hype video is different and I have never seen any of our previous coaches ever wear that style look.

49 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I noticed the cap he is wearing in the hype video is different and I have never seen any of our previous coaches ever wear that style look.

Do you think he will wear an orange or blue vest?

50 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

All we can do is hope and pray that he does indeed show up on game day in that blue and orange tuxedo shirt, faded AU Biker Bandana from being left in the rain, Black Adidas windbreaker pants and crocs in sport mode strap up. Please Please Please let it be this.

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

God I pray we use him correctly for a change.

So I want to ask you what do you think the correct use of Shivers looks like? Their is no malicious or facetious intent, either. I have seen his "role" argued so much on here and different sites. How do you think he should be used? 

22 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

So I want to ask you what do you think the correct use of Shivers looks like? Their is no malicious or facetious intent, either. I have seen his "role" argued so much on here and different sites. How do you think he should be used? 

MORE!!!

For those who remember Coach Lorendo....if you look up his past, he played football and basketball at Georgia...my principal where I worked was a student at Florida when they played the Bulldogs and after the game, he left the gym giving the Florida students a 'single-finger' salute....my principal didn't know I knew Gene Lorendo, so his story wasn't for my benefit, but just what an impression he made that day in Gainesville...to say the least he wasn't well liked by the Gator student body...   

On 3/15/2021 at 11:44 PM, Sani-Freeze said:

For real. this board has turned into a middle school girls text thread or something all of a sudden. Goodness. 

As the father of a middle school girl, I wouldn't wish a middle school girl text thread on anyone.

12 hours ago, tigerman1186 said:

For those who remember Coach Lorendo....if you look up his past, he played football and basketball at Georgia...my principal where I worked was a student at Florida when they played the Bulldogs and after the game, he left the gym giving the Florida students a 'single-finger' salute....my principal didn't know I knew Gene Lorendo, so his story wasn't for my benefit, but just what an impression he made that day in Gainesville...to say the least he wasn't well liked by the Gator student body...   

Sure sounds like him.....

37 minutes ago, Tiger1992 said:

As the father of a middle school girl, I wouldn't wish a middle school girl text thread on anyone.

Please tell that to bird

MORE!!!

Shivers is going to get his chance to play a lot bc of the lack of depth for sure. He brings instant speed, but again it will be how well he can block and if they can use him in the passing game a little more. He will be good in the open field but he's not real elusive in avoiding contact.

He's a very good team guy and a leader in the locker room I believe at this is valuable when you have a new coach coming in.

But better watch out for Jacquez Hunter the late RB signee by Harsin. He does a little bit of everything, and Harsin even mentioned him in his pc, so he could get a lot of pt, if he picks up the offense enough.

5 hours ago, steeleagle said:

MORE!!!

Shivers is going to get his chance to play a lot bc of the lack of depth for sure. He brings instant speed, but again it will be how well he can block and if they can use him in the passing game a little more. He will be good in the open field but he's not real elusive in avoiding contact.

He's a very good team guy and a leader in the locker room I believe at this is valuable when you have a new coach coming in.

But better watch out for Jacquez Hunter the late RB signee by Harsin. He does a little bit of everything, and Harsin even mentioned him in his pc, so he could get a lot of pt, if he picks up the offense enough.

I will say this and  nobody will convince me otherwise:

Gus was too loyal to upperclassmen.  He was loyal to a fault.  What I mean specifically is he would have some players in the game that were clearly not the best player at their position, but he was rewarding their loyalty to the program or loyalty to him.

for example: Kam Martin....

Championship programs do not reward that kind of loyalty with playing time until the outcome is determined.   

I believe  Gus was going to reward Shivers with too many touches this year.     I agree Tank does not need 41 carries (ie: Caddy vs thuga), but Shivers would have gotten too many touches in my opinion.  And probably at the expense of getting the ball to the TE.  Those touches have to come from somewhere!

*for the record:   I am a huge huge huge Shivers fan, but  each man has a role to play.  

oh yeah - that is what bama told Bo - gonna have to wait your turn.   Pat told Bo, "the best man plays."  History was made at Auburn.  

4 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Shivers is ripped this year. Gonna be hard to bring him to the turf. I imagine it's like hitting a fire hydrant.

P=mxv

M= mass

V= velocity

P= momentum

The man has been ripped since HS.    Everyman has a role.  I hope he is harder to bring down. 

He reminds me of Trey Smith in a lot of ways.  Wasn't that the back that filled in when Ronnie and Caddy were banged up against bama?  

Excited to see the new era. Cool to see a mostly positive thread. Love y'all, hope everyone has been doing well. 

Archived