Bo Nix, Jesus, & Criticism walk into a bar

W.E.D

40 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It's all a moot point now anyway. We have a coach that isn't going to tolerate being undisciplined. 

He may believe an “undisciplined” Bo gives his team best chance to win. I firmly believe Harsin will make what he believes is best for his new team, even if his choice is unpopular.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

It evidently is NOT that easy to do.

Look, even Cam Newton, who has always said he is trying to get better, is STILL mechanically doing things wrong with his footwork and his throwing motion at times. And he has had 9 years w some of the best offensive coaches in the NFL working with him. 

That's why i want to see Bo with a different coaching staff who understand the QB position for sure better that Gus did. THen we can see if Bo improves on some basic mechanics and awareness issues he has in the pocket. 

I think based on what we know about his family, his father, and their history, tells me he was taught to be respectful, humble so I don't feel he feels anything in the way of entitlement.

It's a difference to keep doing something and you're good as opposed to not listening and you're bad. And cam has a funny hitch in his throw so that release is funny but he pretty much worked on his footwork like everybody else. It's the most basic of basics in QB ing

16 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He may believe an “undisciplined” Bo gives his team best chance to win. I firmly believe Harsin will make what he believes is best for his new team, even if his choice is unpopular.

Highly doubt he is going to go for undisciplined based on his comments. Usually people who are undisciplined in their skill set don’t go very far unless you are a freak of nature, which Bo is not.

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

Highly doubt he is going to go for undisciplined based on his comments. Usually people who are undisciplined in their skill set don’t go very far unless you are a freak of nature, which Bo is not.

Undisciplined may still be his best choice which I believe he will make which is what I was going for.

20 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Undisciplined may still be his best choice which I believe he will make which is what I was going for.

Huh? If Bo is undisciplined, I highly believe he will be benched. An undisciplined Bo is not going to win us "quality" games. You can get away with throwing off your backfoot, into double coverage against the UKs of the world. That is Gus Malzhan type of rationale. 

When it comes to discipline, Harsin has never let his players get away with behavioral issues. That doesn’t change much, Pappoe said, since Auburn doesn’t really have discipline problems or any “knuckleheads running around.”

But the discipline shows itself in other ways. Harsin is passionate and relentless. In the weight room and on the field, he’s particular that they do everything right because the little things count — and he looks at those little things very carefully.

Taken from an article about a change in Auburn Culture. 

10 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

they even criticize me on here. me! and i am just a loveable old pot smoking geezer who would never hurt anyone.................

You smoke pot?

5 hours ago, AUMikeP said:

You can't make your 4th read when you're running for your life..... just saying.......

Trick statement.  There was no 4th read.

Best There Is No Spoon Matrix GIFs | Gfycat

9 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Bo says " What's a read"?

:)

That might be part of the problem in that when the one receiver who was the only call, and not open, it would cause Bo to scramble to try and make a play. I think Bo will be better with several read options, which is what he’s gonna have this season. If you only have one read and it’s not there then he would bail out. The key will be if the oline can hold up long enough to get multiple reads in before it breaks down.

7 minutes ago, toddc said:

That might be part of the problem in that when the one receiver who was the only call, and not open, it would cause Bo to scramble to try and make a play. I think Bo will be better with several read options, which is what he’s gonna have this season. If you only have one read and it’s not there then he would bail out. The key will be if the oline can hold up long enough to get multiple reads in before it breaks down.

Not sure about this, but there is some real logic here:

• I could see Gus saying, "hey with your ability to keep a play alive or get 3-10 yds,  roll out and make a decision to throw or run."   
  • Thus the second option was never developed.

Big sigh....yeah, you might be right. 

New year.   Gosh I wish I lived near Auburn.   I would go sit in JH on Saturday to just be there.

On 3/17/2021 at 3:12 PM, W.E.D said:

Yeah, I was wondering how that would play from the religious types.  I figured they'd kind of like it?

But I agree with you that it's just a bad comparison to use.  Like when Saban used 9/11 or someone will compare their suffering to Jews in Nazi Germany....just stay away from that.

You’re just wondering about the ‘religious types?’ What about what the ‘baiting morons’ think?  :hellyeah:

3 hours ago, toddc said:

ofc the other problem could emerge that Bo is taught thru Harsin and Bobo the new schemes with more elaborate WR routes, and they show him how to go through his progressions, but when the light comes on, Bo still reverts back to his panic reaction after his primary WR is covered, and he starts to bail out.

That's what I think all of us are wanting to see..is whether Bo can adapt and become a better thinker in the pocket(given that the pocket is holding up for him). and execute what Harsin wants him to do in order for the play to be successful. 

7 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Did he go out for the “dive team? 😝 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

bad bad just really bad...............did I say bad

He had dive instead of drive before editing, just so y’all know where I was coming from!

36 minutes ago, toddc said:

He had dive instead of drive before editing, just so y’all know where I was coming from!

I know just................:poke:

I hope Bo is coachable and the light comes on.  Given his 24 start behavior, it's not clear he is. 

But, given what we knew about Gus as a non-coach (evident from watching team on the field); and what has been revealed about his lack of imagination/actual QB coaching,  as a coach, I hold out a thin sliver of hope Bo can be coached up.  

But I'm reminded of listening to Pat Sullivan when he was the color guy on Auburn broadcasts years ago talk about another Auburn QB that the lights were never going to come on for.  After another particularly horrible play by the QB, Pat said in a plaintive-exasperated voice that "he wants to be a good QB".  Pat was pulling for the QB...he knew the kid was trying hard; knew he was a talented HS QB; knew he was trying hard...but the kid was never going to be a good SEC QB; it's all he could or would ever deliver.   This is how I feel about Bo.

1 hour ago, japantiger said:

I hope Bo is coachable [...] Given his 24 start behavior, it's not clear he is. 

Guy started has a True Freshman when almost none should, then missed an extremely crucial Spring in his Soph season.

Add on top of that a god awful scheme, offense, and we all know Gus ruins QBs.  Way too may people are doubting a kid who was thrusted into an awful situation.

Archived