Saturday’s practice JHS open to fans

AuburnNTexas

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/2021/03/auburn-opening-saturdays-spring-practice-at-jordan-hare-stadium-to-fans.html

Auburn opening Saturday’s spring practice at Jordan-Hare Stadium to fans

Updated 3:52 PM; Today 3:52 PM
Bryan Harsin and team spring practice

Coach Bryan Harsin talks to his team near the start of practice Monday. AU FB 1st day of spring practice on Monday, March 15, 2021 in Auburn, Ala. Todd Van Emst/AU Athletics

Facebook Share
Twitter Share

The first week of Auburn’s first spring practices under new coach Bryan Harsin will finish with a different kind of feel.

The Tigers will hold their fourth practice of the spring on Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium, and the program is opening it up to the public, it announced Wednesday. Fans are invited to check out Saturday’s practice, which is set to begin at 11:30 a.m. and will provide them with their first glimpse of the Harsin era on the Plains.

Fans are asked to enter through Gate 12 at Jordan-Hare Stadium, which will open at 11 a.m. Facemasks and social distancing will be required upon entry to the stadium, and parking will be available in the Auburn Arena lot.

Saturday’s practice will mark the first non-A-Day practice at Auburn open to the public in recent memory. Former coach Gus Malzahn never held a practice fully open to the public during his eight-year tenure, though he provided viewing windows open to the media for select practices in the spring and fall.

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • WarTiger changed the title to Saturday’s practice JHS open to fans

Kudos to Harsin if this was his idea.  I would take it a step further and invite every former Auburn player so they can see him up close and in person.  Let them know they are welcome and develop that relationship/support. 

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

invite every former Auburn player

I agree with this, not sure if it was the interview with the lineman that went from AU to Boise St or another but they said that was the biggest difference in that Gus kept everything closed off and not many former players around.  

13 hours ago, DAG said:

@aubiefifty look at this 

may the luck of the fiddy reach out and give you what you want today dag! i appreciate this more than you know dag. i owe ya one!

14 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

Wha....?    I guess the days of keeping our three plays a secret are over!

lol. lets ad pruittt seemed to know every call gus ever made.........grins

ok who is going? and who wants to dare be seen in public with the mighty aubes?

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

My reputation can’t take that hit! 😝 

if i am driving i would be sober   lol

It is a long drive from Texas so won't be going but thinking about A-Day game.

so are people afraid to meet folks offline or am i too crazy to meet.

12 minutes ago, toddc said:

My reputation can’t take that hit! 😝 

i would be sober  lol

who has the best steak down at auburn?

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I don't know, I mean 4 hours is a long drive because after all...

download.jpeg

Who was our resident spy that used to sneak to the practices until he got caught? That was hilarious Lol. Whomever goes, please update what you saw. 

21 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Its great that its open to the public bout damn time

Don't think this is going to be an every year type thing.  I bet this is a mix of doing it so recruits can visit and a combination of reaching out to the fanbase.

I know back when Coach Jordan was at the helm, we had students in the stands during spring practice in the stadium...Coach Jordan always sat on the visitors side with Kenny Howard around the 50....my how college football has change...

17 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Yep...................figure it out

:pcprobs: 

[searching "sacked live action"]

:blink:

Archived