Jamal Johnson to transfer (UAB 3/24/21)

Dunndone414

Moore's game seems a lot like Desean Murray's but CM is 2 or 3 inches taller. Chris has a soft touch but plays physical. Isn't he a lefty too or am I mixing him up with Williams?  We have so many southpaws it's hard to keep up. Anyway if he is, that along with his size would help him get points inside despite being vertically challenged a little bit. I agree with Rigby about him playing the 3.  But right now Bruce is recruiting elites like Jabari and Thor so there is not a lot of minutes left for Moore or even Jaylin, who I think is very underrated. Sure hope he doesn't get caught up in this wave.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I hope Moore stays. I think he is the type player who will improve dramatically from year one to year two. Also while only 6'6" he is a thicker player which is something Auburn is missing to an extent. Somebody who when he bangs the other player moves. He has a nice stroke also which we can use.

I think ideally you'd like him or Franklin at 3 and Flannigan at 2. That's the line up with the most potential

On 3/18/2021 at 5:21 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Flanagan has got his ass whooped in games before too lol. You don’t win every one man 

I'm proud that just because people disagreed with you, you just backed your opinion with logic and didn't run to the you know it all or go the hey don't get mad at me for liking Johnson route. Good stuff

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm proud that just because people disagreed with you, you just backed your opinion with logic and didn't run to the you know it all or go the hey don't get mad at me for liking Johnson route. Good stuff

I’ll give anyone that the eye test is subjective. Does Jamal have bad foot speed? Yeah. He’s in a weird situation where he likes to body up smaller guards, and can’t always keep up with em, and is a bit too small to do the same with some twos

but he plays smart, has good timing on contests, uses his hands well, and generally does a good job herding dudes to the help. I guess I just wanted dude to get his props for his mental acumen defensively, not trying to dismiss anyone’s opinion 

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’ll give anyone that the eye test is subjective. Does Jamal have bad foot speed? Yeah. He’s in a weird situation where he likes to body up smaller guards, and can’t always keep up with em, and is a bit too small to do the same with some twos

but he plays smart, has good timing on contests, uses his hands well, and generally does a good job herding dudes to the help. I guess I just wanted dude to get his props for his mental acumen defensively, not trying to dismiss anyone’s opinion 

To be honest he's just very very average he wasn't any worse than Powell was on defense as far as staying in front of people or speed, but Powell had length. He wasn't any worse than Cooper with physicality. He wasn't horrible but he wasn't good either. He's not going to win any popularity contest. So like you said he had to lean on being smart. I think he could've transitioned into a decent back up PG, but oh well. 

23 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Ill concede to over valuing his defense, to the thread 

You shouldn't. It's your opinion and it's just as valid as anybody else. You have the right to say whatever you want to say, and it's been established doesn't matter if you're right or wrong nobody has the right to really tell you one way or the other. 

I'm surprised people were even disagreeing with you because I'm the only person that disagrees with people. This doesn't happen

• ellitor changed the title to Jamal Johnson to transfer (UAB 3/24/21)

Archived