Vaccination

AURex

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It'll be brief if you're anything like me. Reaction was intense for about 36 hours but woke up feeling great the 2nd day after getting it.

My wife reacted to both doses with nothing but arm pain. Just hits everyone differently.

My wife didn’t go to work, she’s been running a fever. She’s currently napping at home. I’m at work, wanting to be home napping. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m at work, wanting to be home napping.

That's me everyday for the last 2+ decades.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, The Freak said:

That's me everyday for the last 2+ decades.

Thanks to a fall-hip replacement-two knee surgeries-full permanent disability....that is pretty much my day every day. 😎

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WarTim said:

Thanks to a fall-hip replacement-two knee surgeries-full permanent disability....that is pretty much my day every day. 😎

I would take that trade, lol.  #kiddingnotkidding

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Just got dose #2 Pfizer. 

Should be feeling effects by now if any. Let us know. 

I started feeling pretty normal around 8pm last night, so it was right at 24 hours of feeling like garbage. I’m still a bit fatigued I think, but that could be just be my normal state. 

16 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Should be feeling effects by now if any. Let us know. 

I started feeling pretty normal around 8pm last night, so it was right at 24 hours of feeling like garbage. I’m still a bit fatigued I think, but that could be just be my normal state. 

I was wanting to wait till this morning, which is about 24 hrs since my shot, and to avoid the "in my head" responses lol.  I have done fairly well with this.

I felt a little tingling like a warm flow through my arm and kinda my left side (the shot arm)  within the 15 mins i waited after the shot.  I was ready for a bit of fresh air.  This may have been more of a anxiousness feeling of waiting for something to happen possibly.  It did feel a little warm in my arm.  After the cool fresh air (35 degrees outside), I felt better in that regard by the time I got home 30 mins later. 

3.5 hours later started to get the upper arm tightness like I got on the first shot.  I think it was a little tighter this time, but has gotten better already as of right now.  I did feel some slight moments of a chill every now and then, sort of a slight feeling of being under the weather.  Slept fine, and woke up with a headache this morning.  It feels like a sinus headache that hasn't quite subsided yet, but I have sinus headaches at times and I have been holding off on any meds to allow the vaccine its full attention. I do think some of the headache is response related, because usually after I get up a while the headache would go away with sinuses.  

So ate an omelet with Diablo sauce from taco bell to help clear things up.  Seems to be working some.  😁

Hope this helps. I have been blessed this far.  I only had tightness in upper arm on first shot. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2

Already had the virus. Probably not getting vaccine. If I do it will be JnJ!  My kids certainly won’t get it. Wife says she won’t either. We are pretty healthy people. My mom has a sore , red , bruised itchy arm for 16 days now. Swelling has come down. She says she’s going to get the second shot anyway. 

• Thanks 1

I got my 2nd moderna shot Friday. I'm now free to roam the country. I have a little arm soreness that isn't as bad as first shot. One problem tho. Since this one activates the chip from first shot I am getting some major feedback from guitar amp. I was telling friend this and he is having an issue when he walks by TV. It goes fuzzy and he can see a skeletal outline of himself on it. Can we get another shot to change frequency?

• Haha 7

Got 2nd Pfizer dose about a week ago. 👍

No real effects.  Arm a little sore and got tired the day after from the first dose.  Second was almost nothing other than slight arm soreness again.  Couple of Tylenols and good to go.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Wife and I are both fully vaccinated.  We got the Pfizer one and the second dose kicked my ass.  I'd describe the reaction as "what does it feel like to get kicked down a flight of stairs?"  But it only lasted that one day after the shot.  I took a Tylenol that night to go to sleep and went to work the next morning.

Kids are getting their first doses this Friday, also Pfizer.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Wife and I are both fully vaccinated.  We got the Pfizer one and the second dose kicked my ass.  I'd describe the reaction as "what does it feel like to get kicked down a flight of stairs?"  But it only lasted that one day after the shot.  I took a Tylenol that night to go to sleep and went to work the next morning.

Loved your post for getting both doses & preparing for your kids to get both doses as well. Not for getting your ass kicked down a flight of stairs. LOL

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Loved your post for getting both doses & preparing for your kids to get both doses as well. Not for getting your ass kicked down a flight of stairs. LOL

If folks want things to go back to normal as fast as possible, they should be moving heaven and earth to get vaccinated as soon as they're eligible.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

That's awesome.  I'm still Covid-cautious in actions b/c of our little girls.  Hoping they open up the vaccine to younger ages at some point.

3 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

That's awesome.  I'm still Covid-cautious in actions b/c of our little girls.  Hoping they open up the vaccine to younger ages at some point.

Yeah, my youngest just turned 16 a few months ago so they can both get it.

The good news is, all the data coming in says vaccinated people aren't getting infected nor are they spreading it.  Still need to wash hands and such but it's been a good feeling to know that the chances of me bringing it home to my kids is miniscule.

• Like 2

Just received my first dose today. Everything seems normal at this point. Even disagreed with Titan. ;D

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, RunInRed said:

Got 2nd Pfizer dose about a week ago. 👍

No real effects.  Arm a little sore and got tired the day after from the first dose.  Second was almost nothing other than slight arm soreness again.  Couple of Tylenols and good to go.

I think it has affected your ability to post cheerleader pictures.......................that's a problem

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Definitely update how the kids responded. We home schooled this year (partially due to moving along with Covid uncertainty). They had consistency though which was good.  They (and us) are ready to get them back in school next year.  My oldest turns 12 in September, which is right around the possible allowing of 12+for Pfizer. The youngest is the highest risk with her asthma, but likely after Christmas before she can get one.  Also if sister going to school, not going to keep her out.  She wouldn't let us.  Lol. Nervous wrecks as parents but the school they are going to, has gone over the necessary precautions, so puts us a bit at ease. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AUBwins said:

Definitely update how the kids responded. We home schooled this year (partially due to moving along with Covid uncertainty). They (and us) are ready to get them back in school next year.  My oldest turns 12 in September, which is right around the possible allowing of 12+for Pfizer. The youngest is the highest risk with her asthma, but likely after Christmas before she can get one.  Also if sister going to school, not going to keep her out.  She wouldn't let us.  Lol. Nervous wrecks a parents but the school they are going to, has gone over the necessary precautions, so puts us a bit at ease. 

I will.  So many decisions that were almost mindless before have been weighted with consideration and thought to the point of weariness the past year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

"what does it feel like to get kicked down a flight of stairs?"  

It's got to be better than falling up stairs. - Logan Young 

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday and no issues at all as of yet, not even soreness in arm. My wife's second Moderna shot really hit her hard the second day with fever, chills and she slept about half the day away. The third day she was fine. From the people I've talked to who had the Pfizer shot there seems to be no problems. I guess it's just different for everyone. 

24 minutes ago, gr82be said:

It's got to be better than falling up stairs. - Logan Young 

I got my second Pfizer shot yesterday and no issues at all as of yet, not even soreness in arm. My wife's second Moderna shot really hit her hard the second day with fever, chills and she slept about half the day away. The third day she was fine. From the people I've talked to who had the Pfizer shot there seems to be no problems. I guess it's just different for everyone. 

Mine was Pfizer.  My wife felt bad the second day (Pfizer also), just not as bad as I did.  She had a headache, very tired, mild nausea.  Came on later than mine and didn't last but for a few hours.

On 4/3/2021 at 9:41 PM, alexava said:

If I do it will be JnJ!  

Wife and I got the JnJ two weeks ago. A little tired feeling late evening for a bit. Other than a sore arm for a few days no real side effects. Not the case for a couple of my buddies. Kicked their end day after.

I really think it's just an unpredictable scenario for anyone with any vaccine, but from observations (perceptions, not proven) :

I think Pfizer had more risk of the severe allergic reaction like anaphylaxis (higher percentage per 100k vaccine given) .  I think Moderna appears to cause more of the 1st/2nd dose symptoms that are stronger compared to Pfizer.  Maybe it's due to allowing an extra week with Moderna to build immunity before the 2nd dose, yielding a stronger response.  Makes sense if you think about it.  Also Moderna gives 100 micrograms, compared to 30 micrograms of Pfizer vaccine per dose. 

Again, this is my opinion alone, except that last statement which is fact :)

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

Wife and I got ours today around noon the site is run by the military very very efficient took us about 30 minutes not counting the 15 minutes after the shot to see if there is any side effects. 

So far feel fine

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Wife and I got ours today around noon the site is run by the military very very efficient took us about 30 minutes not counting the 15 minutes after the shot to see if there is any side effects. 

So far feel fine

I would think that you would have been higher on the priority list.  You are obviously a treasure that needs to be preserved; what was DeSantis thinking?

In B4 Bird.

• Haha 2