Vaccination

AURex

48 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would think that you would have been higher on the priority list.  You are obviously a treasure that needs to be preserved; what was DeSantis thinking?

In B4 Bird.

I was top priority but wife wanted to wait to see if people grew a third arm or leg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I was top priority but wife wanted to wait to see if people grew a third arm or leg

What a guy, always thinking of others.  I have mine and the only side effect is I start speaking Russian at times.  Два ш лтщцю

• Haha 2

Wifey and I got our first jab last Friday. The shot itself was absolutely painless. I didn't even feel it. Much different from a flu shot. I experienced a little soreness in my arm that night for a few hours, but then nothing. Wifey developed COVID arm -- the entire arm painful to use, but it went away in a couple of days. But she still has some tenderness at the spot of the injection.

My brother got his jab the day before we did. He said he felt a little fuzzy-headed and rather sleepy that evening, but no other effect.

He had the Pfizer. We got the Moderna.

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What a guy, always thinking of others.  I have mine and the only side effect is I start speaking Russian at times.  Два ш лтщцю

I know!!!

On 4/8/2021 at 6:21 PM, augolf1716 said:

Wife and I got ours today around noon the site is run by the military very very efficient took us about 30 minutes not counting the 15 minutes after the shot to see if there is any side effects. 

So far feel fine

Did this affect your golf swing?😆

11 hours ago, AURex said:

Did this affect your golf swing?😆

Maybe he can drive 500 yards now!

Wife getting 2nd shot today.  I have felt great all week after my shot last week.  Have to say, nice place to get the shot.   Very efficient and run by KY National Guard. At Kentucky Horse Farm.  Wife gets to watch kids equestrian while waiting in line.  

I received my first Pfizer COVID-19 shot yesterday.  I intentionally went for Pfizer over Moderna as everyone I know who had a reaction, had Moderna.  There is probably no scientific reasoning behind this though.  Just a little arm soreness and the process was easy.  I am 30 years old if anyone needed to know my age.

I found that if you look for privately owned pharmacies you can get in quick.  This is what I did and I scheduled my appointment to take place the next day.

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I received my first Pfizer COVID-19 shot yesterday.  I intentionally went for Pfizer over Moderna as everyone I know who had a reaction, had Moderna.  There is probably no scientific reasoning behind this though.  Just a little arm soreness and the process was easy.  I am 30 years old if anyone needed to know my age.

I found that if you look for privately owned pharmacies you can get in quick.  This is what I did and I scheduled my appointment to take place the next day.

I really think the difference has to do with dosage and proximity of shots. The 100 micrograms of Moderna with an extra week to build antibodies compared to the 30 micrograms of the Pfizer. Just my opinion since I have no medical training lol. Makes sense to me though. 

• Like 1

Just got the 2nd dose of Phizer.  1st dose was 3 weeks ago and I got it in the L arm -- only side effect I had was a sore arm the next day, lasted 1 day.  Today I got the 2nd in my R arm -- no apparent side effects for the moment.      

• 2 weeks later...

Wifey and I got our second shot of Moderna on Friday. Saturday, wifey was laid out flat. I even had to help her to the bathroom to pee.  All of her joints were aching and body muscles.

All I experienced was a little soreness in the shoulder.

Wifey much Better today,

I think, for SOME people, the Moderna has greater after effects, but not like terrible. I had nothing to note.

My brother had Pfizer. No after effects.

• Like 1

Update -- Wifey was feeling much better on Sunday. By Monday, zero side effects. In fact, she was out working in our flower gardens later in the day.

I think the only reason she had such a reaction initially was because she has a chronic disorder similar to Lupus. It affects her joints and other body systems. So I think that's why she was experiencing so much pain in her joints.

Now that I am vaccinated, I've begun making appointments with doctors -- which I've put off for a year, not wanting to expose myself to COVID-infested environments. Time to catch up with my GP, my dermatologist, my dentist, and my ophthalmologist.

Hope you guys are all doing great!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Wife and I had both shots...I haven't had any impact...we're trying to get used to the side effects for Teresa...

Cosplay Paradise : Photo | Women, Women writing, Fashion

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/14/2021 at 9:27 PM, japantiger said:

Wife and I had both shots...I haven't had any impact...we're trying to get used to the side effects for Teresa...

Cosplay Paradise : Photo | Women, Women writing, Fashion

Definitely caught me off guard lol 

• 5 months later...

Booster dose giving me the same reaction as dose 2 did. Woke up at 2am spiking a 102 fever and feel awful. At least it'll be brief. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AUDub said:

Booster dose giving me the same reaction as dose 2 did. Woke up at 2am spiking a 102 fever and feel awful. At least it'll be brief. 

A buddy of mine just went through it with the Moderna booster. Rough couple of days. I don't think he had any issues with #1 or #2. 

My wife got the Moderna booster yesterday. No issues.

The 6 yr old got #1 today. We shall see. 

Given my buddy's reaction and the busy 10 days I have ahead, I'm holding off on #3 for a couple more weeks. 

From reading the CDC data, I cannot find that the boosters are tailored specifically to the Delta variant.  Is that an accurate statement?  

If so, I struggle to see the value.  

Feel a lot better today, but the lymph node in my left armpit is enormous. Like, hurts to put my arm down.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Feel a lot better today, but the lymph node in my left armpit is enormous. Like, hurts to put my arm down.

Funny you say that, I feel like after the Pfizer shots my armpit is a little sore.  Hard to tell though.

36 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Funny you say that, I feel like after the Pfizer shots my armpit is a little sore.  Hard to tell though.

It's swelled up pretty good, almost like a golfball. About to go get a warm compress to put on it.

Well aware that it isn't abnormal though.

12 hours ago, japantiger said:

From reading the CDC data, I cannot find that the boosters are tailored specifically to the Delta variant.  Is that an accurate statement?  

If so, I struggle to see the value.  

Apparently the original time between the two-dose treatments was too short. The booster after several months is supposed to correct that.

I haven't had any side effects from any of my three Moderna shots. My wife had a sore arm for two days after her booster.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 3:42 PM, AUDub said:

As a public service, going to put it out there that this is pseudoscientific pablum best ignored. Even if it can be unpleasant (I can attest to that right now), get vaccinated, folks.

I'm fully Pfizered. Not getting anymore. I'm taking prophylaxis instead. Keep me posted on how those boosters are working for you.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:20 AM, AUDub said:

Moderna?

I just got the Pfizer booster yesterday.  Took a bit longer to feel the arm, and felt a little under the weather for bed last night.  Just woke up, sore,stiff arm and a bit of a headache.  Wifey goes to get the booster today.  My 12 year old has both shots already.  6 year old will get #1 in the next couple of weeks, once we can get a pediatrician appt. All Pfizer for us. 

• Like 1