Too Early Depth Chart Discussion

Zeek

14 minutes ago, au302 said:

I just hope Harsin and Bobo find someone, whether Bo or someone on the roster, or even a transfer, that will simply be a good, fundamentally sound Quarterback. Bo makes some exciting plays with his legs, but we don't need him to constantly bail the pocket early and play hero ball with our new offense. I still think as of now Bo will be the guy, but I hope the new staff is willing to give DD, Garnett, or a transfer a shot if Bo cannot clean up some of his stuff.

Might need more of a playmaker in modern college ball, but Bobo sure won a hell of a lot of games at uga with some of the least spectacular QBs you can imagine. And one of them is having himself a hell of an NFL career. 

Edit: Stafford actually has "spectacular" in him. And Murray could keep a play alive with his feet. But still. Lamar Jacksons they are not. 

3 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am a huge DD fan but I have a concern. DD was really Gus' recruit.  Assuming he doesn't beat out Bo this year which I think is a fair assumption, is there a chance he may never start a down? Hars and Bobo have went out and targeted the QBs they want for the future. I believe Bo will be here for the 22 season unless he just absolutely does a 180 and balls out this year (which if he does then all bets are off!!) so then by 2023 we would have Holden G here along with probably another 22 QB that Harsin wants and who knows what 23 guys could come in to compete with. I could see a situation where he is a career back up just due to timing.

I like to think he is too good to stay on the bench that long, but I have seen it with plenty of other players over the years.

Him being 5'10 is going to be more of a hinderance to him starting oppose to being "their guy".

If he has talent and plays above the others he'll start.

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Might need more of a playmaker in modern college ball, but Bobo sure won a hell of a lot of games at uga with some of the least spectacular QBs you can imagine. And one of them is having himself a hell of an NFL career. 

Edit: Stafford actually has "spectacular" in him. And Murray could keep a play alive with his feet. But still. Lamar Jacksons they are not. 

Yea your totally right. Bo definitely has that playmaker ability, but the lack of fundamentals and other issues tend to negate it for him at times. Like a lot of us, I went and watched some Boise highlights after learning that we hired Harsin. Their quarterback, I think Bachmeier is his name, seemed to be more of an unspectacular, statue type of quarterback, a "game manager" if you will. But he seemed to have great fundamentals and make a lot of good reads, and their offense was effective. If they can find a way to reel Bo in and make him more of a pocket passer while keeping his playmaking ability, watch out. But if not, I'd rather them go find someone that can stand in the pocket and make the proper plays, even if they aren't as fun to watch.

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Yea your totally right. Bo definitely has that playmaker ability, but the lack of fundamentals and other issues tend to negate it for him at times. Like a lot of us, I went and watched some Boise highlights after learning that we hired Harsin. Their quarterback, I think Bachmeier is his name, seemed to be more of an unspectacular, statue type of quarterback, a "game manager" if you will. But he seemed to have great fundamentals and make a lot of good reads, and their offense was effective. If they can find a way to reel Bo in and make him more of a pocket passer while keeping his playmaking ability, watch out. But if not, I'd rather them go find someone that can stand in the pocket and make the proper plays, even if they aren't as fun to watch.

Hear, hear.

Bo may not end the season as the starter, but I would be really shocked if he didn't start that way. We have 2 warmup games, so if we see a lot of QB#2, then the writing is on the wall. Harsin seems to have a large set on him though, so I could be wrong.

38 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Bo may not end the season as the starter, but I would be really shocked if he didn't start that way. We have 2 warmup games, so if we see a lot of QB#2, then the writing is on the wall. Harsin seems to have a large set on him though, so I could be wrong.

If it ain’t Bo, it ain’t nobody this year.

Could be wishful thinking but no way does Brandon Frazier not hold some type of starting role. May be an H-Back or slot hybrid. But a 6'7, athletic tight end for Bobo? Yeah he is gonna play.

Archived