Notebook:

toddc

Bryan Harsin says he may sneak out of the locker room early and watch the pre-game eagle flight this Saturday.

AUsome.

• Like 4
  • Love 3

If our team needs our HC the last 5 minutes before KO to beat Akron, we have serious problems. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Beaker said:

If our team needs our HC the last 5 minutes before KO to beat Akron, we have serious problems. 

wat?

20 hours ago, toddc said:

I don’t mind the OC in the box but I’d rather have the DC on the field. The OC can maybe get a perspective on who’s lining up where on the opponents defense and more quickly adjust play calling. The defense pretty much calls their setup for down and distance rather than adjusting on the fly. IMHO 

20 hours ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

The first two games are good tests to see which works better. I’m glad Harsin if letting it be the coordinators decision 

I was going to say, these early games are great opportunities for CDM to see the entire field and get a feel for how the defense really looks big picture. He might already be planning on moving down to the sideline once he's got better information. 

Also might be an opportunity to groom whoever else might be in the box if and when he moves down to the sideline. Make sure he can fully trust his assistant(s) to be eyes in the sky for him and communicate what he needs to know, understand what he's looking at and looking for, etc.

I have no clue if any of this actually works that way. But it makes sense in my head. And what I do know is that there's a whole lotta new right now and there's going to be a whole lot of adjustments made as we move forward. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

wat?

I assume this is a reference to Harsin saying he may "sneak out" to watch the eagle flight pre-game.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Took my buddy and his wife to this game.  He couldn't hold it and had to take a piss during this play.  SMH

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

That's cool. Also seems to contradict a recent rumor. 

Yes. Well half of it

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, W.E.D said:

wat?

Harsin said he may walk out and watch the eagle fly before kick off.   

And I said, we better not NEED him in the locker room in order to beat Akron.  Hence, I think it is awesome that Harsin is immersing himself into Auburn and our traditions.    Not sure why @DAG disagrees, but that is cool.  I bet Dag just misunderstood my post. 

13 hours ago, AUGoo said:

Tired of the vaccination conversation.

We all are. Jesus, we are all so incredibly tired of it. Which makes it that much more confusing that more Americans- including Auburn's head coach- haven't put any effort into making it go away*. 

*Making it actually go away, as opposed to just pretending it doesn't exist. 

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 8
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 5

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

And I said, we better not NEED him in the locker room in order to beat Akron.  Hence, I think it is awesome that Harsin is immersing himself into Auburn and our traditions.    Not sure why @DAG disagrees, but that is cool.  I bet Dag just misunderstood my post. 

Yeah, I think it's cool he might take a peak, it just seemed like a weird comment about needing Harsin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

We all are. Jesus, we are all so incredibly tired of it. Which makes it that much more confusing that more Americans- including Auburn's head coach- haven't put any effort into making it go away*. 

you just couldn't let it go, huh? Had to get that last dig in.... :laugh:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, AuburnTiger4Life said:

If #3 happens then #1 would be in the mix.  Oline and WR are the only two suspect groups.  Everything else should be solid.

5 hours ago, Beaker said:

I wanna see Hars sneak out onto the 50 with the Raptor center folks... as soon as they let the Eagle loose, Sunni Lee needs to start a tumbling run out of the endzone, making her way towards the 50. When she arrives, she does a double back flip onto Bo Jackson's shoulders just in time for the eagle to land in between Harsin and Bo.....  the roof comes off Jordan Hare, and tremors will be felt as far away as Tuscaloosa and Athens.

• Love 4
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

I wanna see Hars sneak out onto the 50 with the Raptor center folks... as soon as they let the Eagle loose, Sunni Lee needs to start a tumbling run out of the endzone, making her way towards the 50. When she arrives, she does a double back flip onto Bo Jackson's shoulders just in time for the eagle to land in between Harsin and Bo.....  the roof comes off Jordan Hare, and tremors will be felt as far away as Tuscaloosa and Athens.

We got a roof? When did that happen?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Timbeaux38 said:

Harsin snatches the raw meat away from the eagle and devours it himself. Then he superman rips his shirt and runs back to the portal, beating his chest, screaming War Eagle!

Might make a highlight reel.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, steeleagle said:

Covid is going to the same place all coronviruses go (cold viruses) and flu viruses go...nowhere. It will be with us for eternity. Deal with the 99.780 % survival rate and adapt your lifestyle if you are over 80 and have comorbidities.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1