Jumbo tight end grabs the attention of Bobo

aubiefifty

13 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Bro Jay Prosch was one of the best fullbacks at the college level I've ever seen. Arguably the last true fullback to play the game. JJ isn't anywhere close to him rn. No disrespect to JJ.

I would need to see grades on that. I couldn’t find any on Pegues’s as a blocker, but maybe someone here has access to a database 

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

I’m just an average fan with no special knowledge or experience, but Lane Kiffin thinks he could be a top 5 draft pick — as a DL.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/meet-jj-pegues-300-pound-auburn-swiss-army-knife/amp/

He did explain in the next sentence, assuming the quote wasn’t just chopped off, that his statement was predicated on him being “a freak athlete”.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Bro Jay Prosch was one of the best fullbacks at the college level I've ever seen. Arguably the last true fullback to play the game. JJ isn't anywhere close to him rn. No disrespect to JJ.

I don't remember him being a legend or anything like that. He was very good. I actually remember he was pretty bad his first couple of games. Just goes to show to let players get their footing up under them before all the judgement comes.

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't remember him being a legend or anything like that. He was very good. I actually remember he was pretty bad his first couple of games. Just goes to show to let players get their footing up under them before all the judgement comes.

Heath Evans was another good un 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dilligas said:

Heath was more of a runningback though. Idk that Jay had more than a touch or two his entire career. But he was on the field almost every snap. He was an elite blocker.

2 hours ago, dilligas said:

Yeah heath had a good NFL career as well. A guy who don't get the credit they deserve is Carl Stewart. Imo he was as good as any full back we've ever had here but you don't ever see anybody talk about him.

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Heath was more of a runningback though. Idk that Jay had more than a touch or two his entire career. But he was on the field almost every snap. He was an elite blocker.

we  hit him on the wheel route 4 or 5 times

26 minutes ago, fredst said:

Brandon Johnson was a sledgehammer for Caddy, Ronny, et al back in the day

No, that was Jake Slaughter. He was a helluva fullback. With a helluva name. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

No, that was Jake Slaughter. He was a helluva fullback. With a helluva name. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/auburn-football/brandon-johnson-tigers-football-alba-middle-school/amp/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/1116248-auburn-football-the-5-most-under-appreciated-players-in-school-history.amp.html

Slaughter followed Johnson but I think that Johnson was the more punishing blocker

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, fredst said:

Yes!! Forgot about him. Sorry my bad. I misread your first post as "Brandon Jacobs".

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AUght2win said:

No he was a fullback at AU

Tony Richardson was the all time best fullback at AU hands down......................

He is considered one of the best fullbacks in NFL history having blocked for 1,000 yards rushers in nine consecutive NFL seasons in addition to leading the Kansas City Chiefs in rushing yards in 2000. During those seasons he blocked for multiple Pro Bowl running backs including Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah heath had a good NFL career as well. A guy who don't get the credit they deserve is Carl Stewart. Imo he was as good as any full back we've ever had here but you don't ever see anybody talk about him.

Damned good pass catcher, IIRC. Leaner and more athletic than most FBs. Didn't he spend some time at RB?

And wasn't he a classically trained violinist?

47 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Tony Richardson was the all time best fullback at AU hands down......................

He is considered one of the best fullbacks in NFL history having blocked for 1,000 yards rushers in nine consecutive NFL seasons in addition to leading the Kansas City Chiefs in rushing yards in 2000. During those seasons he blocked for multiple Pro Bowl running backs including Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Adrian Peterson and Thomas Jones.

Yep. Especially for long tenure. Fred Beasley was, too— All-Pro. But the best FB in the NFL in the last 40 years, albeit too brief, was William Andrews— check his stats.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yep. Especially for long tenure. Fred Beasley was, too— All-Pro. But the best FB in the NFL in the last 40 years, albeit too brief, was William Andrews— check his stats.

Oh I agree with William as for stats but imo Tony was the best blocking fullback we ever had as well as in the NFL.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That's crazy we are fullback U out of all things

I think we could make a case for kicker U, too.

We should probably find some cooler Us to be. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

And don't forget Tommy Agee. In the wishbone he was considered the FB blocking for Lil Train and Bo. He was a heck of a blocker, and a pretty good runner too. His stats don't stand out as much bc he was primarily a key blocker...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Yes!! Forgot about him. Sorry my bad. I misread your first post as "Brandon Jacobs".

He was literally Bobby Boucher in an Auburn uni, lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, cole256 said:

Carl was very good. Another guy that had runningback type skills

4 hours ago, dilligas said:

No he was a fullback at AU

Technically yes. But he he got carries as a single back a lot. So not really. Heath was versatile and a lot more than a traditional fullback role.

1 hour ago, AUght2win said:

Technically yes. But he he got carries as a single back a lot. So not really. Heath was versatile and a lot more than a traditional fullback role.

True he ran the all a lot.  Maybe lined up as RB at times but FB at times too