2023 Early Offers & Talk

toddc

4-star DE plans on return trip for Auburn game

Brian Stultz • AuburnSports

Staff

AUBURN | There’s still plenty of time in the recruiting process for Keldrick Faulk but the Auburn coaching staff made sure to get to know the four-star defensive end during his visit for Big Cat Weekend.

“It was pretty good,” Faulk said. “I got to talk to great coaches today, so I felt pretty good about it.”

Keldric Faulk received an offer from Auburn in April. (Rivals.com)

The Highland Home, Alabama native spent most of his time during the day with defensive line coach Nick Eason but also linebackers coach Bert Watts. Now standing 6-foot-6 and weighing 250 pounds, Faulk’s future is likely in the trenches as a defensive lineman, but the thought of him using his speed and size at the second level is intriguing. Either way, the coaches tell him to be focused on putting up huge numbers for the Flying Squadron after an injury cost him time in 2020.

“They are telling me to just keep doing what I'm doing, keep grinding because, you know, I had surgery last year. It's supposed to be a big season for me. Keep my head straight and do what I have to do.”

Ranked the No. 93 overall player in the 2023 class, Faulk is obviously highly sought-after by major programs throughout the country. For him, the highlight of the Auburn visit was talking with the other recruits and hearing about their experience during the process.

“Figuring out what their journey is like because I'm doing the same thing they're doing.”

Faulk, who Auburn offered on April 27, is getting more and more familiar with the new coaching staff, taking advantage of the on-campus dead period being lifted at the beginning of last month with an unofficial visit on June 7 and then attending the Tigers’ camp a week later. It won’t be Faulk’s last trip to the Plains, it seems, as he plans on visiting Auburn along with a few other places for games this upcoming fall, listing Florida State, Clemson, Alabama and Tennessee along with the Tigers.

Faulk also has his eyes set on what comes after football, stating that the Auburn coaches focused on things that will take place off of the gridiron. For the to-be high school junior, he’s looking for that in a program.

“Really, what they can help me do after football because this doesn't last forever.”

• Like 1

Auburn becoming ‘the spot’ for ’23 4-star CB

Bryan Matthews • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

Dale Miller has plenty of time to make a decision but several schools are already standing out to the 2023 prospect from Hoover (Ala.) High.

The 4-star cornerback already has 10 offers and an early top three.

“Tennessee, Auburn and Ole Miss,” Miller said.

Miller is one of Alabama's top prospects for the 2023 class. (Nick Lucero/Rivals.com)

All three have offered along with Arkansas, Mississippi State, USC, Louisville, Boston College, Arizona State and UAB.

Miller, 5-foot-9 and 160 pounds, was in Auburn last Sunday along with a number of other top prospects for Big Cat.

“It showed me how they think. It showed me how Auburn runs their program,” he said. “The first time I was here, it was just scratching the surface. Now it runs deep and I actually see how they think.”

Miller said he was able to bond with Auburn defensive coordinator Derek Mason and secondary coach Zac Etheridge during the recruiting event.

“That was building chemistry between us. It made things a lot better between us,” he said. “It made Auburn, really, the spot that I want to come to.”

Miller plans to return to Auburn for at least one game this fall.

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

Auburn becoming ‘the spot’ for ’23 4-star CB

Bryan Matthews • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

Dale Miller has plenty of time to make a decision but several schools are already standing out to the 2023 prospect from Hoover (Ala.) High.

The 4-star cornerback already has 10 offers and an early top three.

“Tennessee, Auburn and Ole Miss,” Miller said.

Miller is one of Alabama's top prospects for the 2023 class. (Nick Lucero/Rivals.com)

All three have offered along with Arkansas, Mississippi State, USC, Louisville, Boston College, Arizona State and UAB.

Miller, 5-foot-9 and 160 pounds, was in Auburn last Sunday along with a number of other top prospects for Big Cat.

“It showed me how they think. It showed me how Auburn runs their program,” he said. “The first time I was here, it was just scratching the surface. Now it runs deep and I actually see how they think.”

Miller said he was able to bond with Auburn defensive coordinator Derek Mason and secondary coach Zac Etheridge during the recruiting event.

“That was building chemistry between us. It made things a lot better between us,” he said. “It made Auburn, really, the spot that I want to come to.”

Miller plans to return to Auburn for at least one game this fall.

Big Cat just keeps on giving baby! Thanks for your awesome work on recruiting profiles Paladin 

On 7/26/2021 at 9:28 AM, bigbird said:

Plays with his hands well and seems to have good power. Don't know about competition level, but he definitely overwhelms the OT he plays against.

Bird, Warner Robbins plays big-boy football for sure.  Last years schedule, including playoffs, was probably the toughest in the state.   I share your concern, though, dominant d-lineman in HS generally don't match-up with D-1 O-lineman very often.  

Love hearing lineman go off to college then talk about how dang tough that first camp is.  Eating isn't quite as easy as it was in HS.  lol 

• Like 1

Offers from Auburn, FSU, Georgia, Miami, Michigan, USC and others

Edited by Paladin

@Paladin doing the work on the recruiting threads! Killing it dude. Thanks 😊 

• Like 4

On 7/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, Paladin said:

Versatile ATH Carter loves 'vibe' of Auburn staff

Brian Stultz • AuburnSports

Staff

AUBURN | There's already a major fight going on between high-level programs looking to get the signature of Lewis Carter with the 2023 athlete holding 26 offers including Auburn, Florida, Georgia and LSU. If the Tampa native chooses Auburn, there possibly could be a big scrum in the Tigers locker room.

Oh, it has nothing to do with playing time or a beef with another player. It would be a battle between two coaches: Cadillac Williams and Jeff Schmedding.

“He [Cadillac] wants me on the offensive side of the ball,” Carter said with a laugh during Big Cat Weekend. “It was great. He gets mad when I talk to the defensive coach because he wants me running the ball for him.”

Carter currently holds 26 offers including Auburn, Georgia and LSU. (Rivals.com)

If Williams wants you in his backfield, you must have talent. The Tigers are known to produce high-quality backs including Cadillac himself and currently have Tank Bigsby and incoming four-star Jarquez Hunter along with Shaun Shivers this season and received a commitment from four-star Damari Alston for the 2022 class just this past weekend. The point is, even if Bigsby goes pro following next season, the Tigers’ backfield will be crowded.

Williams is still fairly green at the position, seeing just six total carries as a sophomore in 2020 after a freshman season in which he rushed for 528 yards and five touchdowns on 46 carries. He also has experience returning kicks, so the coaches in the program that he decides on will have plenty of options with him.

It’s at linebacker where the 6-foot, 200-pound Williams shined for Tampa Catholic High School this past season. A hard-hitting player that flies around at intense speed, Williams was a tackling machine as a sophomore, recording 80 total stops including eight tackles for a loss in 10 games.

Fighting for him will also be defensive coordinator Derek Mason, who Williams got to know during his first visit to the Plains on Sunday. The energy that Mason and the rest of the new coaching staff showed during the recruiting event.

“The vibe from all the coaches and the players and stuff like that, they just seemed like a family up here today. It was a great conversation because I really don't know what I will end up playing by the time I get here.

As far as his goals for the upcoming season with the Crusaders, Williams responded just how you would expect from a linebacker and running back.

“Just trying to hit some people.”

Certainly Mason, Williams and Schmedding love that attitude.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Top-100 recruit puts Auburn in top 5

by Keith Niebuhr

2 hours ago

After attending the Big Cat recruiting event July 25 at Auburn, Keldric Faulk spoke positively about the Tigers -- and the visit.

“It was pretty good,” Faulk said. “I got to talk to some great coaches today. I felt pretty good about it. I spent time with Coach Eason and Coach Watts. They’re telling me to keep doing what I’m doing and keep grinding because I had surgery last year and it was supposed to be a big season for me. I just have to keep my head on straight.”

Saturday, the 4-star 2023 defensive end from Highland Home (Ala.), who appears to be a top Tigers target in the junior class, released a top five and Auburn made the cut, along with Alabama, Clemson, Florida State and Tennessee.

Faulk, listed at 6-feet-4 and 235 pounds, is the No. 6 recruit in the state of Alabama and No. 81 prospect nationally in the 2023 class for the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

He made three known visits to Auburn this summer -- two in June and again for Big Cat. For Auburn, that seemed to be a good sign and his inclusion of the Tigers in his top five validated that thinking.

Per Jason Caldwell of 247Sports, Faulk made the Big visit with his younger brother, another promising young recruit. Jakaleb Faulk is a 6-feet-3.5, 200-pound outside linebacker "that is also starting to get some love on the recruiting trail. A 2025 prospect that will just be entering his freshman season, the younger Faulk said being part of Big Cat Weekend was a big deal for him."

On the Big Cat visit, Keldric Faulk not only spent time with the Auburn staff, but with some other recruits, notably recent 2022 Auburn defensive line commit Caden Story.

“It was really meeting the other recruits and seeing what their journey is like,” Keldric Faulk said. “I’m doing the same thing they’re doing.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Has offers from Auburn, Arkansas, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Miami and other schools.

Edited by Paladin

21 minutes ago, Paladin said:

FIVE STAR

This thread is about to explode with this one 

#2 LB in the nation. Notre dame in the mix. Possible flip for him?

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886sng0igajz44sgvj509

Edited by DAG
  • Haha 1

I apologize if this had already been asked/answered. Has there been any info about who some of our early top targets might be and who might be early commits? Seems like this is usually the time of year more of that info starts to reveal itself. However, of course things are less than usual these days. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, toddc said:

Timely photo. 😅But hope we land Malik! 5 stars are always welcome. 

Edited by Gowebb11
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

I believe we'll land a 5* DB before Mason leaves

As soon as I saw that post I thought, "Does anyone doubt that we can land this guy?" Not making a prediction on him and it's not a CBH vs CGM comment. It's purely a "CDM + AU = We are in it for every DB we want now" comment. Don't know if that's rooted in reality at all but that's how I feel now. 

• Like 2