Baseball vs Kentucky Series

Hill in to pinch hit for Shenker. 4 straight balls and another walk. Runners on 1st and 2nd and LaRue is up to bat.

Edit: Hall in to pinch hit.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Josh Hall with a great sacrifice bunt. Runners on 2nd and 3rd now and 1 out with Bliss up again. He's struggled the last couple times with runners in scoring position this series.

TIED BALL GAME!!!! Moore with a looper after going down 0-2 and then fouling off 3 straight before he gets a single to right field!!

Woley strikes out to end the inning. Need one good half inning from out pitchers. We can't let them get another run right after we get one.

Owen stays in the game to try to keep the score tied.

Great play from Bliss throwing to first for the first out.

Great at-bat from UK batter but flies out to center.

2 back to back singles and UK has runners on the corner with 2 outs. Our pitching can never just make it easy.

The pitching woes continue. 3 straight singles and UK scores a run RIGHT after we tie the game. This is absolutely ridiculous. 7-6 UK

Edit: Owen gets out of the inning with only 1 run. But it's up to our batters AGAIN to try to come back.

Miller, Howell, and Ward up to bat. Miller the best average on the team and Howell who has been on fire this game. Need some last inning heroics.

Thompson giving the homeplate ump some hell after what should have been ball 4 was called a strike. Luckily the next pitch puts Miller on 1st.

Howell strikes out for out 1. Ward is due from some good clutch hitting.

Edit: Ward hit on the foot with the first pitch. Runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out and Williams is up to bat!

Cam Hill from Auburn flies out to Cam Hill for Kentucky. Game over. Another 1 run loss because our pitching staff can't go one inning without a team retaliating. Frustrating.

Don't know if I have it in me to watch the second game of the double-header. Maybe me not watching will get us the W. War Eagle, everyone.

Right now not much going great for AU Athletics except Equestrian 

We can talk about injuries, bad luck, etc. but at some point you have to win games. Difference in good vs average/bad teams is finding a way to win. Right now we are finding ways to lose. We aren’t far away but need to turn the current pattern around. Frustrating for everybody, most importantly Butch and the players. Will take a lot of mental toughness to get over this hump.....

6 minutes ago, fredst said:

We can talk about injuries, bad luck, etc. but at some point you have to win games. Difference in good vs average/bad teams is finding a way to win. Right now we are finding ways to lose. We aren’t far away but need to turn the current pattern around. Frustrating for everybody, most importantly Butch and the players. Will take a lot of mental toughness to get over this hump.....

Baseball is a game of streaks. AU is in a bad losing streak right now but it should change pretty soon. 

16 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Baseball is a game of streaks. AU is in a bad losing streak right now but it should change pretty soon. 

Love the optimism but I just don't see it happening. Unless we see some major improvement with our pitching staff, there will be no postseason for us.

6 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Love the optimism but I just don't see it happening. Unless we see some major improvement with our pitching staff, there will be no postseason for us.

Improvement needed all the way around. Noted today that every inning we score KY answered. If my count is correct we leave 11 on base the last four. Roster looks promising anyway you look as does the competition’s. Due to the limited draft last year facing players that would normally have moved on. So disappointing but recall Renfroe team loosing 9 straight then winning the next 13. Down 3-0 now but “aint over til it’s over”. Thanks for your play by play abilities

37 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

When people get healthy and start getting back in the rotation things will fall into place. 

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Yes indeed. Softball and baseball both 0-5 in the SEC. May be another NC by the Equestrian team will soothe some of the disappointment of this extremely poor year for AU athletes,

1 hour ago, Tigerbelle said:

Hoping so. One of my all time favorite movies “Bull Durham” addresses this. Maybe we need to get Butch to wear garters (if he isn’t already)

That about sums up AU baseball so far this season.  2nd and 3rd w no outs and only score 1 run.  Awful awful awful.  I know coaches trying but that attempt at double steal was not smart at all.  

The bottom of the 5th continues to be main reason Auburn continues to lose. Auburn has to get those runes in from second or third with no outs. Still time to get some runs and win the game but just frustrating to watch. 

2 hours ago, autigeremt said:

This . We can’t win a damn game of tic tack toe . Terrible streak . Just win one game AU BB . 

Archived