Jeremiah Wright Tears ACL

toddc

Auburn DT Jeremiah Wright suffers torn ACL

Auburn sophomore defensive tackle Jeremiah Wright has suffered a torn ACL in his left knee, he shared on Snapchat on Friday night. The injury occurred during Auburn's first scrimmage of spring camp Thursday, a source told Auburn Undercover, and was diagnosed Friday.

A former three-star offensive line recruit out of Selma, Alabama, Wright moved to the defensive line last fall before contributing for the Tigers' defense in six games.

This spring, Wright was impressing Auburn's new coaching staff at defensive tackle and had been working routinely with the starters. He was regularly winning his matchups against Auburn's starting offensive linemen during last Saturday's open practice in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

“He’s a great dude," junior edge rusher Derick Hall said of Wright this week. "He’s strong, powerful – he has every aspect to be a great D-lineman. Making that transition last year from our O-line to our D-line, I think, was beneficial for not only him, but this team with everything that he can help us as a D-lineman and the defense. So having him there, he’s definitely making strides in the right direction."

With the 6-foot-5, 338-pound Wright now out, Marquis Burks, Dre Butler,Zykeivous Walker and Lee Hunterwill be among those in the mix to make up for the lost production at defensive tackle. Tyrone Truesdellis back for his second senior season and gives Derek Mason's defense a veteran presence at the nose tackle spot.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Hate an injury for any player, but man when a guy is on the rise and really starting to do something and he suffers an injury like that, man, my heart hurts for him

Happening in a game is bad enough, but happening in practice scrimmage really sucks!

• Like 2

I really hate this type of injury when a young man is coming on and about to make a major contribution.  Hopefully he can come back next year and continue to progress.  Good luck to him with the surgery and rehab!

Very frustrating for a kid coming along and moving up the depth chart. Truesdell returning is an even bigger win now. I still wish their was room for a grad transfer nose tackle (320 + guy), but I see the spots going to RB and Ot. 

Edited by AUgrad2013

UUUUGH!!!!!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Man, that stinks!!!  Player on the rise in a very crucial position!  He may have been the most “true NT” on the team.  This one hurts big time!

4 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

That really sucks. We just have to hope surgery and rehab goes well for him.

right! hopefully he heals well and can live his dream the 2022 season

• Like 1

This sucks way more than the Bass Fishing team being suspended for the season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best of luck to this young man.  Hope you heal up.  It's crazy that when I was the age of these young men an ACL tear was 50/50 on returning to the game or even walking without a limp.  Yet today we all expect these guys to be back in just months.

11 hours ago, JTFazz said:

This sucks way more than the Bass Fishing team being suspended for the season.

Crazy that everybody (especially Alabama fans since they need something to make them feel better about their loss last night) is trying to push “cheating”, instead of reading into it and realizing it’s suspension for Covid violations lol

4 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Crazy that everybody (especially Alabama fans since they need something to make them feel better about their loss last night) is trying to push “cheating”, instead of reading into it and realizing it’s suspension for Covid violations lol

Any bammers doing that should be told you feel "so bad" after you saw 3 or 4 bama players cry on national TV when they lost. You could add "choked in OT" if you really want to get mean. Make no mistake, if it was the other way around, bama fans would make sure Auburn fans heard all about it.

I remember this amazing stat from researching this a few years back. In 2015, half of ACL reconstruction surgeries to football players between 18-22 resulted in the knee being 115% of its pre injury condition in a battery of tests within 3 years. RBs were less, like half being 90% within 3 years.