Jump to content
Null

Pearl to Texas? ESPN Rumor


Recommended Posts

On college basketball Gameday this morning their was a discussion that Texas should go after Bruce Pearl due to his energetic coaching and ability to build a program. If Texas was to pursue Bruce Pearl and off him the job, do you think he will leave Auburn? I surely hope not because he resurrected Auburn's program that had been dead for years.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites




  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha. 

Don't post speculation and rumor without evidence please.

Not gonna lie. Anyone other than Bruce leading this program would depress me. 

32 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Don't post speculation and rumor without evidence please.

Do you not see all the question marks? The topic was discussed on ESPN this morning. You can clearly see where I said "IF" Texas was to pursue Bruce Pearl. I did not speculate anything. This was a topic on College Gameday.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/Article/Texas-Longhorns-basketball-head-coach-search-Bruce-Pearl-Auburn-Tigers-Eric-Musselman-Arkansas-Razorbacks--163171994/Amp/

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

He directly stated during a WJOX roundtable interview Wednesday morning that he coudn't see himself still coaching in 15 years due to his intensive style and that he hoped AU to be his last coaching job. Then he said he takes it year by year and that he would keep coaching so long as he could field a competitive product.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Texas is one of the most underachieving programs of the millennium and its rumored they're very intrusive (not as much as their football program im sure) 

not to mention, B12...pretty good ass conference 

just seems like a lateral move outside of payday....why not go for Indiana, join the Marquette sweepstakes before Shaka Smart got it, just seems like better options have been there over the past few years

Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly don't see Bruce leaving for any job. UNLESS something really freaking bad happens with the NCAA. He loves it here, the fans love him, he's recruiting at an all-time high for Auburn, and I don't think anyone really messes with the program behind-the-scenes.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Tiger720 said:

On college basketball Gameday this morning their was a discussion that Texas should go after Bruce Pearl due to his energetic coaching and ability to build a program. If Texas was to pursue Bruce Pearl and off him the job, do you think he will leave Auburn? I surely hope not because he resurrected Auburn's program that had been dead for years.

Your first 2 post(s) EVER is about shock jock speculation? Troll Behavior 101.

Edited by slyinsocal
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I do think the thread title should be altered, as it does illicit a thought that there has been actual talks, and not just some ESPN jockey suggesting names 

No mention of him by mods on Texas 247 site. All eyes are on Beard right now. But Bruce was not even mentioned as a peripheral candidate on texas 247. Knock on wood anyways though! Can never be to careful. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not gonna lie. Anyone other than Bruce leading this program would depress me. 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

I honestly don't see Bruce leaving for any job. UNLESS something really freaking bad happens with the NCAA. He loves it here, the fans love him, he's recruiting at an all-time high for Auburn, and I don't think anyone really messes with the program behind-the-scenes.

On the flip side, I don't see Texas or Indiana interested in a 60 year old coach. THey probably want a strong younger guy who is dominating at the mid major level or a HC who has succeeded and ready to take a P5 school. They want someone that is going to stay a while, and Pearl doesn't fit that criteria, IMO. At least that is what I am hoping too. :)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

No reason for Bruce to leave ever.

He's got this job for pretty much as long as he wants it. No pressure because he will win, and we don't put a coach on the hot seat for not going to the final four every few seasons.

He likes it here. His family likes it here. We should have a top 10-15 team worst case next season. Recruiting is picking up. Support is there. I also don't see what the NCAA can do to us moving forward. I know a lot of people like to speculate but the school had NOTHING to do with the issue at hand. The players were suspended until cleared. Chuck paid for it in court. We didn't play in the SEC tournament or any postseason and this was dished out by us prior to the season even starting.

Especially with teams like LSU, Arizona, Oklahoma State, Kansas, UNC, etc... Basically giving them the bird and doing whatever they really want to do. We've been one of the few schools to comply with them in every way.

I think he's here until he retires. I could be wrong, but I just don't see him leaving. Nothing is holding him back from competing at the highest level at this point.

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AuburnMike86 said:

No reason for Bruce to leave ever.

He's got this job for pretty much as long as he wants it. No pressure because he will win, and we don't put a coach on the hot seat for not going to the final four every few seasons.

He likes it here. His family likes it here. We should have a top 10-15 team worst case next season. Recruiting is picking up. Support is there. I also don't see what the NCAA can do to us moving forward. I know a lot of people like to speculate but the school had NOTHING to do with the issue at hand. The players were suspended until cleared. Chuck paid for it in court. We didn't play in the SEC tournament or any postseason and this was dished out by us prior to the season even starting.

Especially with teams like LSU, Arizona, Oklahoma State, Kansas, UNC, etc... Basically giving them the bird and doing whatever they really want to do. We've been one of the few schools to comply with them in every way.

I think he's here until he retires. I could be wrong, but I just don't see him leaving. Nothing is holding him back from competing at the highest level at this point.

 

 

And he's in a perfect place for recruiting, which is college basketball's lifeline. He has a foothold in GA, and they are putting out 5* players every year, and we are now getting them on a steady basis. This helps Bruce do, as you stated, compete at the highest level....

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bruce is the beacon of our coaches....since Gus has gone there is no doubt.....give him what he needs to keep our program (not a pay increase) at a high level....we're building a football complex...do we need one for basketball too???  What do other high-level programs have for their basketball programs???? We need to stay ahead of the 'curve'...when you don't you play catch-up....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at what we MAY have next season, and the fact that Pearl is so competitive. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a new job. Hope not.

  • Dislike 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Looking at what we MAY have next season, and the fact that Pearl is so competitive. I wouldn't be surprised to see him take a new job. Hope not.

I would be very surprised. Bc Pearl is 61 now, and he has settled down in Auburn with most of his kids there too or close by, and he has already tasted and proven he can recruit elite level players, win big in the SEC and the NCAAs w/ a great arena with now a large cult following.

His wife has a business here, and I think he would not want to uproot he and his family to start over again in another state.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • ellitor changed the title to Pearl to Texas? ESPN Rumor
  • ellitor locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...