Softball vs Missouri game 2

Is it just me, or is Dean starting to sound like Malzahn ?

"I thought the top of our lineup did a nice job," said head coach Mickey Dean. "We just have to put it all together. Our defense was shaky at the beginning. It was a tough day for the pitchers. We gave up seven walks and a home run. We've got to be sharper there."

I'm having a hard time figuring out his rotation for some reason.

Why did he start KK Dismukes? And not Penta. We needed this game more, then on Sunday come back with Shelby..

Is it bc Penta has been struggling so he is taking her out of the starting rotation for now?

19 minutes ago, all4AU said:

The brightest spot of the day is that Yarbrough looked good in relief. 

Not sure why she hasn't thrown that much but she looked good. Thrown only 5 innings  this year and walk into a SEC game with runners on and down....... CMD should roll her out the more. Defense played solid as well and we actually hit the ball today. 

10 hours ago, AU1947 said:

Not sure why she hasn't thrown that much but she looked good. Thrown only 5 innings  this year and walk into a SEC game with runners on and down....... CMD should roll her out the more. Defense played solid as well and we actually hit the ball today. 

I believe in the preseason games Yarborough really struggled w control and getting out of innings, I recall. And when Penta and Shelby got out of the gates so strongly, and KK looked good coming into relief, that put her behind all of them. And I guess Lexie, being the veteran, Dean tried to use her some in relief too. She has not come around at all to me, which is disappointing, since she was going to provide veteran leadership, I hoped.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I believe in the preseason games Yarborough really struggled w control and getting out of innings, I recall. And when Penta and Shelby got out of the gates so strongly, and KK looked good coming into relief, that put her behind all of them. And I guess Lexie, being the veteran, Dean tried to use her some in relief too. She has not come around at all to me, which is disappointing, since she was going to provide veteran leadership, I hoped.

We have now entered SEC play and it appears Lowe is steady. KK is consistent and it appears that Penta is struggling as of the last couple weeks.. we will see how they do today..

Archived