Vaccine passport on the way?

SLAG-91

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Let the conspiracy theories begin:

Medical researchers at the Pentagon have created a microchip that will detect COVID-19 when inserted under the skin.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/12/microchip-developed-by-pentagon-to-detect-covid-19/

:popcorn:I'm enjoying the show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Let the conspiracy theories begin:

Medical researchers at the Pentagon have created a microchip that will detect COVID-19 when inserted under the skin.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/12/microchip-developed-by-pentagon-to-detect-covid-19/

"Conspiracy theorists" were predicting this end-game over a year ago. It's literally all about control and if you actually listen intently, they've outlined that with things like "The Great Reset", "Fourth Industrial Revolution", etc. How can this not be any clearer? As soon as this pandemic hit, they couldn't wait to get giddy about how this was an opportunity to launch the "Fourth Industrial Revolution".

You went from "it's just a two-week lockdown" to looming mandatory identification to enjoy basic human liberties and tracking-implants. But don't worry! The implant would only be there to keep you safe from COVID! Scout's honor! Because why wouldn't you want to be as safe as possible...from a virus with a ~99% survivability rate?

The elite have seen how effective China's social monitoring system is. They have 360-degree monitoring of everyone. They will then push to a digital currency (why do you think they've used COVID to increase limits on cashless transactions with your CC? Its to normalize the phasing out of a physical currency) which will eventually be linked to your "social profile". The problem with cash is that it's hard to trace - and you can freely perform transactions without the government knowing. Which means that dissidents can still survive.

These will all be pushed under the pretense of "safety" or "civil duty", but are essentially tools for TOTAL CONTROL once you follow the rabbit hole deep enough. For example: self-driving cars (once available) will offer increased "safety". Sounds good, right? Why would you object to that? Well a self driving car would be permanently linked to a mainframe...which means your ability to travel, or where you can travel, can be turned on and off at will. Oh you criticized your government? Now your car can't leave your city limits.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, metafour said:

"Conspiracy theorists" were predicting this end-game over a year ago. It's literally all about control and if you actually listen intently, they've outlined that with things like "The Great Reset", "Fourth Industrial Revolution", etc. How can this not be any clearer? As soon as this pandemic hit, they couldn't wait to get giddy about how this was an opportunity to launch the "Fourth Industrial Revolution".

You went from "it's just a two-week lockdown" to looming mandatory identification to enjoy basic human liberties and tracking-implants. But don't worry! The implant would only be there to keep you safe from COVID! Scout's honor! Because why wouldn't you want to be as safe as possible...from a virus with a ~99% survivability rate?

The elite have seen how effective China's social monitoring system is. They have 360-degree monitoring of everyone. They will then push to a digital currency (why do you think they've used COVID to increase limits on cashless transactions with your CC? Its to normalize the phasing out of a physical currency) which will eventually be linked to your "social profile". The problem with cash is that it's hard to trace - and you can freely perform transactions without the government knowing. Which means that dissidents can still survive.

These will all be pushed under the pretense of "safety" or "civil duty", but are essentially tools for TOTAL CONTROL once you follow the rabbit hole deep enough. For example: self-driving cars (once available) will offer increased "safety". Sounds good, right? Why would you object to that? Well a self driving car would be permanently linked to a mainframe...which means your ability to travel, or where you can travel, can be turned on and off at will. Oh you criticized your government? Now your car can't leave your city limits.

I agree and so does Klaus Schwab. "You'll own nothing and be happy". What's even crazier is the exercise they had at John Hopkins in 2017. I got stuck in the rabbit hole and had to claw my way out. It's pretty bad man.

https://www.centerforhealthsecurity.org/our-work/Center-projects/completed-projects/spars-pandemic-scenario.html

https://stars.library.ucf.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1029&context=jicrcr

Edited by Bottomfeeder
  • Facepalm 1

And you can already see how "normalization" works:

You literally have people saying "what's wrong with a COVID Passport? You already have vaccination records". Yeah, no one is checking to see your measles vaccine record before you can enter a grocery store or go to a concert.

Similarly, they'll shill for things like total surveillance by saying something like "they can already track your cell-phone". Yes, they can, AND DO track your cell phone. But a cell-phone can be turned off or discarded. Once implants become a thing, YOU are the cell-phone. Again, they'll cite "safety" as the "reasoning". Oh...to stop the spread of this barely-lethal virus we need to know where everyone is at all times. Nothing to worry about there, right? Don't you want to keep grandma safe you selfish anti-vaxxer! Trust the science!

They use shaming tactics to get you to comply to give up your civil liberties and freedoms. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

5 minutes ago, metafour said:

And you can already see how "normalization" works:

You literally have people saying "what's wrong with a COVID Passport? You already have vaccination records". Yeah, no one is checking to see your measles vaccine record before you can enter a grocery store or go to a concert.

Similarly, they'll shill for things like total surveillance by saying something like "they can already track your cell-phone". Yes, they can, AND DO track your cell phone. But a cell-phone can be turned off or discarded. Once implants become a thing, YOU are the cell-phone. Again, they'll cite "safety" as the "reasoning". Oh...to stop the spread of this barely-lethal virus we need to know where everyone is at all times. Nothing to worry about there, right? Don't you want to keep grandma safe you selfish anti-vaxxer! Trust the science!

They use shaming tactics to get you to comply to give up your civil liberties and freedoms. 

What really got my attention is the Pentagon is developing this technology, not a private company.  The trust some people have in our government is amazing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

What really got my attention is the Pentagon is developing this technology, not a private company.  The trust some people have in our government is amazing.

Yep!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/pentagon-scientists-develop-microchip-that-detects-covid-before-symptoms-when-placed-under-skin/ar-BB1fChwa

Unca Billy has the patent for it.

Edited by Bottomfeeder

https://www.clearme.com/pfnyc-clrhp-lead

As a trusted leader in identity and access for over 10 years, you can trust that your employees’ privacy is protected and their data is secure. CLEAR is Safety Act certified by DHS and Qualified Anti-Terrorism Technology.

Data Privacy and Security are core to CLEAR's DNA. It's what we do. The same is true for CLEAR Health Pass

Our entire model is built around protecting our Member's information and privacy and keeping them in control of their data and information. We follow the highest security standards for data storage and always put the Member first. Employee data is provided to CLEAR by the Member and is governed by our Member T&Cs. CLEAR’s use of this data is restricted by our Privacy Policy.

I tried to read the Privacy Policy, but it wouldn't come up.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:06 AM, TitanTiger said:

I think for some that's what matters most.  Certainly no one wants to lose everything over a lawsuit from a disease they can't completely control for.  But a lot of workplaces are like family.  They actually care about their employees as people, not just means to an economic end.  They don't want their people getting seriously ill or dying from careless customers, and they don't want their employees carelessly giving it to customers either - because they actually care about people.

If they "care about their people",  pay to get them vaccinated.  This is one of the fundamental differences between left and right.  The right believe in individual rights, making your own decisions, and liberty.  The left wants to force things upon people for the "greater good".  If the vaccine works, I don't see why those people pushing it don't let others ignore it, as we'd all be dead from COVID soon anyway, right?   

On 3/31/2021 at 10:28 PM, TitanTiger said:

Schools have mandatory vaccinations. Certain employers already require some vaccinations. 

And for the umpteenth time, this is not the flu. 

And that makes it right?

On 4/5/2021 at 11:28 AM, AU9377 said:

Get the damn vaccine and stop being a pain in the ass.

Mindless compliance - you're a good lemming

On 4/7/2021 at 8:53 PM, wdefromtx said:

There’s a lot of people that still don’t even want to wear a mask on a plane, much less a vaccine people are skeptical of the long term effects of. 

Looks like the White House is rejecting the idea of a vaccine passport for now. With most things Biden says I’m sure he’ll change his mind and do the opposite of what he says. 😂

Change his mind, or forget what he even said....

Those of you that are OK with this are amazing to me.  The constant push to keep giving up rights for percieved "safety" should be alarming.  Thomas Jefferson got it right - choose dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

• Facepalm 2

38 minutes ago, GoAU said:

If they "care about their people",  pay to get them vaccinated.  This is one of the fundamental differences between left and right.  The right believe in individual rights, making your own decisions, and liberty.  The left wants to force things upon people for the "greater good".  If the vaccine works, I don't see why those people pushing it don't let others ignore it, as we'd all be dead from COVID soon anyway, right? 

Some people have medical conditions that don't allow them to take most vaccines.  That's why it's incumbent on those of us who can take them to get them.

And that makes it right?

Yes.

Studied decision making.

Those of you that are OK with this are amazing to me.  The constant push to keep giving up rights for percieved "safety" should be alarming.  Thomas Jefferson got it right - choose dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

There is no constitutional right to patronize private businesses and put their workers or other customers in danger, especially during a pandemic.  If you don't want to take the vaccine, no one is making you get it.  But neither do you get to demand others cater to your paranoia that your vaccine status invades your privacy and serve you.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Some people have medical conditions that don't allow them to take most vaccines.  That's why it's incumbent on those of us who can take them to get them.

Yes.

Studied decision making.

There is no constitutional right to patronize private businesses and put their workers or other customers in danger, especially during a pandemic.  If you don't want to take the vaccine, no one is making you get it.  But neither do you get to demand others cater to your paranoia that your vaccine status invades your privacy and serve you.

To be blunt, someone having a medical condition shouldn’t force someone else to have a medical procedure they don’t agree with.  Especially when the “vaccine” still doesn’t have full FDA approval yet.  

I completely agree with your “private business” stance, and you should be more consistent with it.  However you pick and choose when you want to follow it.  If it tramples on someone’s religious beliefs you change your tune fast.  I respect a private business and if they want to force masks or people to divulge private information I guess that’s their  right.

If I’m “paranoid”, why hasn’t the FDA given full approval for the vaccine?   

I do find it ironic that you state “no one is forcing you” but that’s exactly what you are advocating.  

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, GoAU said:

To be blunt, someone having a medical condition shouldn’t force someone else to have a medical procedure they don’t agree with.  Especially when the “vaccine” still doesn’t have full FDA approval yet.  

They have to work to live.  You don't have to patronize a particular private business.  And no one is being forced.  Not being allowed to go into certain restaurants or businesses may be an inconvenience, but it's not forcing you to take a vaccine you have an irrational fear of.

I completely agree with your “private business” stance, and you should be more consistent with it.  However you pick and choose when you want to follow it.  If it tramples on someone’s religious beliefs you change your tune fast.  I respect a private business and if they want to force masks or people to divulge private information I guess that’s their  right.

Actually, it's perfectly consistent.  A private business has the right to refuse service for any number of reasons - refusal to abide by their dress code, being belligerent, not being vaccinated, or because you're asking them to contribute their time and talents to something that violates their conscience and religious beliefs.

If I’m “paranoid”, why hasn’t the FDA given full approval for the vaccine?   

Not because they're hiding anything.  It has been deemed safe enough for EUA for now while they go through the process for regular approval.  That approval will come sometime this year.

I do find it ironic that you state “no one is forcing you” but that’s exactly what you are advocating.  

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.  No one is being forced to get the vaccine.  And no one is forcing you to use a vaccine passport.  You can choose to take your chances on getting or spreading COVID.  You can choose to patronize businesses that won't require that you're vaccinated.  Exactly where's the force?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoAU said:

And that makes it right?

Change his mind, or forget what he even said....

You could compare this to that evil Polio vaccine. How many kids do you know that are suffering from that devastating disease?  The reason you don't know any is that the vaccine has helped eradicate the disease from the planet.  Requiring kids to be immunized before enrolling in school didn't strip them of freedoms or rights, it gave them the freedom to live without the fear of contracting Polio and suffering a lifetime of paralysis.

The people that work tirelessly to educate people on how to best prevent the spread of Covid-19 aren't doing that with some hidden motive. They are people much like you and me.  There is no grand conspiracy.  Like it or not, we are all on this planet together and there are issues that cannot be solved without an approach that includes compromise and sometimes sacrifice.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:15 PM, I_M4_AU said:

Americans look to the CDC for guidance, the CDC director came out with a blanket statement, if there were quesitons about who she was talking about they should have been answered before making the statement.

If the evidence isn’t clear as to any of your questions, how is the general public confident in the vaccine?  Fauci has spread the fear about *variants* and has no evidence that the variant is any worse than the original and how the vaccine does against these variants.  So he wants Americans to live in fear until they figure it out.

I’m with Rand Paul on this one.  If there is any evidence that the variants are causing new infections among vaccinated people, then is the time to corral our mouths again.  It’s been months since the appearance of these new variants, show the data or take the mask off.  I, personally, don’t like living in fear.

That entire "living in fear" line is really nonsense.  Wearing a mask is certainly not living in fear and nobody has anything to gain by promoting mask use, other than to prevent people from becoming infected with Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

They have to work to live.  You don't have to patronize a particular private business.  And no one is being forced.  Not being allowed to go into certain restaurants or businesses may be an inconvenience, but it's not forcing you to take a vaccine you have an irrational fear of.

Actually, it's perfectly consistent.  A private business has the right to refuse service for any number of reasons - refusal to abide by their dress code, being belligerent, not being vaccinated, or because you're asking them to contribute their time and talents to something that violates their conscience and religious beliefs.

Not because they're hiding anything.  It has been deemed safe enough for EUA for now while they go through the process for regular approval.  That approval will come sometime this year.

Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.  No one is being forced to get the vaccine.  And no one is forcing you to use a vaccine passport.  You can choose to take your chances on getting or spreading COVID.  You can choose to patronize businesses that won't require that you're vaccinated.  Exactly where's the force?

There is ZERO evidence that the vaccine provides more protection than the fact that I already had COVID and carry the antibodies.   I would venture to guess if you looked around a bit, you would see that having had it is just as, if not more, effective than the vaccine.

if the vaccine is so safe, why are we waiting for the approval again?   

26 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

You could compare this to that evil Polio vaccine. How many kids do you know that are suffering from that devastating disease?  The reason you don't know any is that the vaccine has helped eradicate the disease from the planet.  Requiring kids to be immunized before enrolling in school didn't strip them of freedoms or rights, it gave them the freedom to live without the fear of contracting Polio and suffering a lifetime of paralysis.

The people that work tirelessly to educate people on how to best prevent the spread of Covid-19 aren't doing that with some hidden motive. They are people much like you and me.  There is no grand conspiracy.  Like it or not, we are all on this planet together and there are issues that cannot be solved without an approach that includes compromise and sometimes sacrifice.

Hard to say there is no grand conspiracy when the voices of dissent are being purged from social media as much as they are.   Propaganda is in full swing and big tech and the media are silencing any attempt to do anything but toe the line.

if the vaccine is so well understood, how long is it effective for?  Long term side effects?   Comparisons between the vaccanine and people that have already had COVID?

I personally could give a flip less about the vaccine itself - for me it’s just another example of government overreach and conditioning people to mindlessly obey the .gov.  

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, GoAU said:

There is ZERO evidence that the vaccine provides more protection than the fact that I already had COVID and carry the antibodies.   I would venture to guess if you looked around a bit, you would see that having had it is just as, if not more, effective than the vaccine.

I've looked around and there's far from "zero" evidence.  Every indication is that the vaccine will provide at least as much protection if not more.  And if you had a mild case, your protection is likely to last shorter than someone with a more serious case.  The vaccines do a better job of activating T-Cells for instance, which help with better and longer immunity. 

Let me Google that for you.

In a public health emergency, manufacturing and approval of vaccines can be streamlined through an Emergency Use Authorization or EUA. An EUA does not affect vaccine safety, because it does not impact development, such as research, clinical studies and the studying of side effects and adverse reactions. Instead, it speeds up manufacturing and administrative processes.

Hard to say there is no grand conspiracy when the voices of dissent are being purged from social media as much as they are.   Propaganda is in full swing and big tech and the media are silencing any attempt to do anything but toe the line.

Voices of dissent are not being purged.  Misinformation and made up, unscientific bull**** are being removed so as not to allow their platforms to be used to spread lies and scare mongering.

if the vaccine is so well understood, how long is it effective for?  Long term side effects?   Comparisons between the vaccanine and people that have already had COVID?

Because again, natural immunity duration and strength varies greatly depending on how much exposure the individual had and thus how serious of a case they had.  The known response to the vaccines is far better known and higher on average.  

We know so far that the vaccine is effective at least six months.  That's because those who have gotten it are only about six months in thus far.  As we continue to observe them, that window will almost certainly extend.  Most experts think it will end up being at least a year, possibly more.

The history on vaccines is that serious side effects show up very early.  There's no vaccine on record that looked safe in the months after then years down the road caused any serious issues.  There's nothing in the ingredients of the two major vaccines at least that would cause serious side effects.  But conversely, we already know that COVID can cause lasting side effects for many from ongoing lung, heart and brain damage, to blood clots, to breathing issues.

I personally could give a flip less about the vaccine itself - for me it’s just another example of government overreach and conditioning people to mindlessly obey the .gov.  

How is it government overreach when you aren't being forced to get it, and the passport we're discussing wouldn't even be necessarily required by every private business out there?  Some might, others would reject it on grounds similar to yours, others wouldn't press for it because they don't want to upset customers, others would just stick with a mask mandate for longer in their stores.  And if we reach herd immunity the thing becomes moot in short order anyway.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That entire "living in fear" line is really nonsense.  Wearing a mask is certainly not living in fear and nobody has anything to gain by promoting mask use, other than to prevent people from becoming infected with Covid.

If you are vaccinated, have no underlying health conditions, are not in a high risk category (obese) and are still wearing a mask you have an underlying *fear* of death that is unreasonable.

Do you wear a helmet when diving to work?  Do you go 10-15 mph under the speed limit?  What is your life about if you don’t take even the slightest risk because you are afraid to die?

From the beginning, if you contracted the virus it was NOT a death sentence.  The media has promulgated the fear in Americans and they just can’t get over it.

If you think *living in fear* is nonsense, you really have to take a look at your life.

• Facepalm 1

Personally, I don't mind if there are "vaccine passports" of sort.  I look at it like the vaccinations required to go to school when we were children.  I have never been one who was overly worried about the virus but I still took precautions like wearing a mask and I have the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine already.

I will say it would make me feel better that people have proof they took the vaccine like a passport when I go on cruises as I go on those a lot.  Seeing how quickly the norovirus can take hold of a ship, I would not want that to be a precurser to what COVID-19 could do on a ship.  Maybe even at a football game if it is at full capacity with people yelling and sweating so close to each other.  I wouldn't lose sleep over it though if we don't require it.

Edited by abw0004

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Personally, I don't mind if there are "vaccine passports" of sort.  I look at it like the vaccinations required to go to school when we were children.  I have never been one who was overly worried about the virus but I still took precautions like wearing a mask and I have the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine already.

I will say it would make me feel better that people have proof they took the vaccine like a passport when I go on cruises as I go on those a lot.  Seeing how quickly the norovirus can take hold of a ship, I would not want that to be a precurser to what COVID-19 could do on a ship.  Maybe even at a football game if it is at full capacity with people yelling and sweating so close to each other.  I wouldn't lose sleep over it though if we don't require it.

It's odd to me that the Venn diagram of people who insist on a picture ID to vote, and are fine with a driver's license to drive a car, and those who have such a problem with something that simply says "yes I've been vaccinated for COVID", is essentially a circle.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GoAU said:

This is one of the fundamental differences between left and right.  The right believe in individual rights, making your own decisions, and liberty.  The left wants to force things upon people for the "greater good".  

The Right supported Jim Crow laws, segregation, and mistreatment of Blacks for decades...some still do

The Right supports the complete ban of Abortion because a woman shouldn't be able to choose if the fetus inside of her grows into a baby or not. 

The Right supports limited access to contraceptives and limiting sex education for public school students (teens wont have sex if they don't even know that sex exists or how to do it)

The Right supports mandating Christian symbolism and principles all throughout the government. (Christian monuments in government buildings, Christian prayers in school, Christian beliefs being taught in public schools, etc). If you think christian prayer shouldn't be in public schools, the right calls you a religious persecutor and 'everything that is wrong with the country' 

The Right absolutely opposes any of that stuff I mentioned above for any other religion or belief that isn't Christianity. 

The Right hates for anyone to kneel while the national anthem plays because they consider it treason against the State. Protesting is only permitted on the terms that the Right deems appropriate.

The Right supports gay conversion therapy and programs designed to turn gay or trans people back into more model Christian citizens

The Right, until just recently, universally opposed gay marriage and relationships, because...sin..families..hate

The Right traditionally doesn't look favorably upon inter racial relationships. 

The Right opposes legal prostitution...because again....limiting when and who can have sex.

The Right opposes the legalization of safe, recreational drugs.

But other than all that, sure, the 'Right' loves personal freedom and liberty for all the white, straight,Christian, natural born Americans they represent. 

• Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It's odd to me that the Venn diagram of people who insist on a picture ID to vote, and are fine with a driver's license to drive a car, and those who have such a problem with something that simply says "yes I've been vaccinated for COVID", is essentially a circle.

I agree.  I am not trying to get too political, but you see it on other subjects as well.  For example, why are democrats big environmentalists in protecting animal rights, but for abortion?  And on the other side, why are republicans against abortion, protecting human life, but against environmental issues?  To me, you would think all life is precious or none of it.  Picking and choosing which life on earth gets to live and have rights is odd to me.  This is why I am an independent.

On topic, I guess my confusion is (and correct me if I am wrong because I don't have children yet), right now don't you have to have a vaccination card of sorts to prove your children are up to date on their shots before they can attend public schools?  I just don't see the difference or big deal if we have a vaccination card for this shot as well.  Why the hatred towards COVID-19 shots, but not say, measles, or tetanus shots?

Edited by abw0004

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

On topic, I guess my confusion is (and correct me if I am wrong because I don't have children yet), right now don't you have to have a vaccination card of sorts to prove your children are up to date on their shots before they can attend public schools?  I just don't see the difference or big deal if we have a vaccination card for this shot as well.

Yes, you do.  If you send your kids to public schools (and most private ones as well), they have to have a vaccination record on file proving the child has all the required shots.  I have a kid heading off the college this fall and the college also requires this, plus an additional vaccination for meningitis.  Some workplaces require their workers to be up to date on vaccinations as well. It's completely reasonable and normal.  People have gotten all weird and conspiratorial over all things COVID for no good reason other than they've been whipped into a frenzy by internet bozos.

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Why the hatred towards COVID-19 shots, but not say, measles, or tetanus shots?

Some would say that those shots have been around longer and proven safe.  But then again, there was a time when they were brand new and had only been tested on a few hundred to a few thousand people in clinical trials, but back then you didn't have a legions of anti-vaxxers planting seeds of doubt willy nilly, misreading or blatantly lying about scientific data, and having instant ability to spread nonsense via the internet.  People generally trusted that doctors, scientists, epidemiologists, and such were actually trying to help rather than concocting elaborate yarns about governmental conditioning and control like some bargain-bin Left Behind series knock off.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

https://apnews.com/article/health-education-bills-religion-effb3142e275f9f7616b99d7babcceab

Connecticut is considering ending it's religious vaccination exemption law because of the increasing number of parents using the religious loophole to get out of vaccinating their children entirely. 

“We’ve seen a slow and steady increase in exemptions from required childhood vaccinations. We do not know when community immunity might be compromised,” said Democratic House Majority Leader Jason Rojas of East Hartford, who compared the situation to the early days of the coronavirus pandemic when “far too many elected officials denied or didn’t acknowledge that there was a pandemic underway,”

He said any exceptions to the state’s mandatory vaccination rules “must be limited and based on science and public health guidance. And that is why we are here today.” 

The legislation stems from an uptick in the number of families in Connecticut who have sought a religious exemption from a host of childhood vaccinations, ultimately lowering the vaccination rate in as many as 100 schools at one point to under 95%. Critics questioned whether why the state wasn’t trying to improve vaccination rates in those particular schools. Meanwhile, earlier this month, the Department of Public Health reported that an unvaccinated child from Fairfield County contracted measles while traveling internationally.

Rep. Jonathan Steinberg, D-Westport, co-chair of the General Assembly’s Public Health Committee who raised concerns about misinformation about vaccines on the internet, said “it’s reasonable to assume” many parents are using the state’s religious exemption because they’re worried about vaccine efficacy and safety.

“It’s a belief, even if it’s not a specific religious one. But it’s a problem, a growing problem,” he said. “Vaccine hesitancy is becoming a direct and serious threat to the public health. It demands a proactive approach, not a reactive one. ... We need to act and act before we have an epidemic, an epidemic that we can prevent.”

Edited by CoffeeTiger

12 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you are vaccinated, have no underlying health conditions, are not in a high risk category (obese) and are still wearing a mask you have an underlying *fear* of death that is unreasonable.

Do you wear a helmet when diving to work?  Do you go 10-15 mph under the speed limit?  What is your life about if you don’t take even the slightest risk because you are afraid to die?

From the beginning, if you contracted the virus it was NOT a death sentence.  The media has promulgated the fear in Americans and they just can’t get over it.

If you think *living in fear* is nonsense, you really have to take a look at your life.

You added a lot of qualifications to all that... lol.  If a business asks you to wear a mask in their establishment you should.  I just don't know why you think so many people have a fear of this virus or death?  I personally know 5 people that have died from Covid.  One healthy 70 year old, friend's father, is now in ICU not expected to make it.  Preventing the spread of the virus is about protecting others moreso than yourself.

On 4/21/2021 at 11:35 PM, GoAU said:

Do you really think this country would be a good place to live if there was no government imposing rules?  The wild West wasn't the kind of place to raise a family.

4 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Do you really think this country would be a good place to live if there was no government imposing rules?  The wild West wasn't the kind of place to raise a family.

I completely agree that the “Wild West” wouldn’t be the optimal place to live.   But as long as we’re making oversimplified & extreme analogies I would say there are lots of rules in a prison too, and I wouldn’t want to live there either.    

I tend to believe the founding fathers had it right with the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and the amendments along the way.  The system works and it’s gotten us this far.  I also think the Federal government continues to grow beyond what was intended, and is constantly looking for new & more power / control.  They spend more time making new and more invasive laws than they do enforcing current laws because they was to appear they are “doing something “.  

i never made a comment about being an anarchist,  I’ll leave that to ANTIFA, but I think less government involvement where possible is the best route. 

• Like 1