2021 Transfer PF Noah Gurley (4/11/21: Bama)

ellitor

On 4/8/2021 at 3:04 PM, AUDevil said:

Feels like I'm back in 10th grade Latin.

You took Latin too?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nate has definitely abused the portal.  Can't blame him. It's available. 

There’s NO way Alabama is not doing something illegal. They are hitting on every single one of their major targets. They just beat out Duke for Gurley & Bediako. No way that happens with a coach from Buffalo that’s had one good year.

1 hour ago, CameronCrazy said:

There’s NO way Alabama is not doing something illegal. They are hitting on every single one of their major targets. They just beat out Duke for Gurley & Bediako. No way that happens with a coach from Buffalo that’s had one good year.

I would think the best 5 teams in the SEC are guilty of something illegal 

we had a recruiting class in 2016 with one five star, a guy who was right on the cusp of that mantle, and a top 90 player, whilst being the worst program in the conference for years

Bama probably does cheat a bit, all elite programs do to some degree. But they've also put out multiple NBA guards. They had at least 3 NBA players off of this previous team. I can think of far worse teams to go to (LSU) that can only offer disappointment on both the college and professional level 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Maverick.AU Why tag me? You're the one that jinxed it. lol

Me? You’re the one that said “insiders think Duke will be tough to beat” lol. I pretty much had a bad feeling he was gonna end up at Alabama when they were in his top schools.

12 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

we had a recruiting class in 2016 with one five star, a guy who was right on the cusp of that mantle, and a top 90 player, whilst being the worst program in the conference for years

Bama probably does cheat a bit, all elite programs do to some degree. But they've also put out multiple NBA guards. They had at least 3 NBA players off of this previous team. I can think of far worse teams to go to (LSU) that can only offer disappointment on both the college and professional level 

Well, that's almost definitely not true. Herb Jones will get picked up late in the second round. I doubt Petty is getting drafted at all. You counting guys that might play in the NBA in future years like Primo or Quinerly? Counting a guy like Petty would be like counting Bryce Brown.

They're definitely cheating, but hey, it's college basketball.

43 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

Well, that's almost definitely not true. Herb Jones will get picked up late in the second round. I doubt Petty is getting drafted at all. You counting guys that might play in the NBA in future years like Primo or Quinerly? Counting a guy like Petty would be like counting Bryce Brown.

As much as Petty has lit us up I wish he was draft worthy.

16 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Once Auburn hired Bruce and went to the Final Four bammer decided that wasn't going to be allowed again. Now you can bet they are using the same recruiting tactics the use in football. And they saw Auburn's vulnerability with the Chuck Person saga, so they are really ramped up on out-pacing Bruce's program. They'll be moving families 10,000 miles and buying cars and houses for basketball too.

4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

I thought Herbert was a lil bit higher than he seems to be currently but yeah he’ll probably be a top 10 in the second round guy. Looks like his stock dipped quite a bit since a couple months ago 

Quinerly should be a mid to late first round type guy unless some things go really bad and as long as Primo continues progressing, his frame should get him at least a late first look

2 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Once Auburn hired Bruce and went to the Final Four bammer decided that wasn't going to be allowed again. Now you can bet they are using the same recruiting tactics the use in football. And they saw Auburn's vulnerability with the Chuck Person saga, so they are really ramped up on out-pacing Bruce's program. They'll be moving families 10,000 miles and buying cars and houses for basketball too.

Look, we aren’t running a “clean” program anymore than anyone else is, let’s not be naive. If we aren’t cheating effectively enough, now that’s another story 😂

3 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Look, we aren’t running a “clean” program anymore than anyone else is, let’s not be naive. If we aren’t cheating effectively enough, now that’s another story 😂

Auburn has NEVER cheated at the level of bammer and the REC in any sport. I'm not at all naive. You may be though, if you think bammer isn't in a class by itself when it comes to being dirty.

8 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

The person you’re responding to is using emotion and not logic lol

”WE CHEAT...BUT WE DONT CHEAT THAT BAD!!!” 

would love to pick her thoughts about a team that was like bottom 2 in the conference getting a 5* transfer over UNC and Gonzaga...in a class that also includes two other top 50 players. Just by the grace of God I suppose 

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

We actually have bag man in basketball that we have not had in football since the Trooper and Luper glory years where we would go in to other states and clean house and get the states best recruits sometimes. Ever seen us go in to Louisiana since then and get a Trovon Reed and Greg Robinson type  blue chip recruit? hayuuuuuuuullllllllll nahhhhhhhh. I miss those days. Now we curl up in the fetal position when we recruit against LSU, bowl cut and Northport. It is sickening. WHERE HAVE THE BAG MEN GONE IN FOOTBALL?!?!?!

Highly rated recruits are attracted to Auburn for one reason and one reason only. Bruce Pearl. His personality, coaching accomplishments, and leadership. Dismissively trying to lump Auburn basketball in with the "everyone does it crowd" is a knee jerk cop out and only cheapens and diminishes his hard work and determination.

On 4/11/2021 at 11:47 PM, Maverick.AU said:

Me? You’re the one that said “insiders think Duke will be tough to beat” lol. I pretty much had a bad feeling he was gonna end up at Alabama when they were in his top schools.

@Maverick.AU And spoke it. That's the definition of jinxing him to Bama my friend. You spoke it into existence. lol

20 hours ago, Dunndone414 said:

Look, we aren’t running a “clean” program anymore than anyone else is,

Yup! No way we get the great talent we have gotten the past few years without coloring outside the NCAA's stupid archaic lines. I suggest people watch the movie Blue Chips & realize that most P5 programs do it.

8 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

Highly rated recruits are attracted to Auburn for one reason and one reason only. Bruce Pearl. His personality, coaching accomplishments, and leadership. Dismissively trying to lump Auburn basketball in with the "everyone does it crowd" is a knee jerk cop out and only cheapens and diminishes his hard work and determination.

Yes they are attracted to AU because of Bruce but we still have to "pay" just like everyone else to actually land them.

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 Transfer PF Noah Gurley (4/11/21: Bama)
24 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@Maverick.AU And spoke it. That's the definition of jinxing him to Bama my friend. You spoke it into existence. lol

I’m not taking the fault for this one E. Lol

Archived