Baseball vs (#2) Arkansas series

Fuller comes in and bounces a ball to the plate, almost hits the batter, and then throws a wild pitch, and bounces a pitch again. Runner on first and 2nd with 2 outs.

Edit: Another pitch and he almost throws it away again. Fuller gets yanked. My god, our bullpen is really, really, really, really bad. Swilling coming in to pitch and I hope he can get out of this.

Edited by tgrogan21

Swilling comes in, throws two pitches, and Howell saves a double with a great catch. Finally out of this inning but our bats have to get some runs now. 5-4 Arky going to the 8th

Our bullpen tonight has had two pitches: flat 92mph fastballs and curveballs in the dirt. Good change ups with some sink are much needed. 

• Like 1

WOOOO! Moore continues his amazing series with a leadoff double, it hit the top of the wall! SOOO CLOSE!

And holy crap a 99 MPH fastball for Arky pitcher.

Edit: A review right now to see if that was a homer.

Edit 2: No homer. Review lasted a bit too long for an obvious call.

Edited by tgrogan21

Hill fouls out and Howell strikes out. Have to do a better job of putting the ball in play.

Williams with the single and Moore comes around to score! 5-5! Great job with the fight, Tigers!!

Dyal walks on 4 straight. Need Bliss to come through again.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 1

Home ump hoses Swilling on the first pitch. Gets behind 3-0. Fights back to a full count but gives up a lead off walk.

1 pitch fly out to the warning track.

Wild pitch moves the runner to 2nd. Bullpen just can't get out of its own way.

And another walk. Runners on 1st and 2nd but at least it sets up the double play. Burkhalter in to pitch.

Edited by tgrogan21

The last 2 innings remind me of why baseball is hard to watch at times. So slow moving. 

Just now, Gowebb11 said:

The last 2 innings remind me of why baseball is hard to watch at times. So slow moving. 

Yep. Normally I just follow along via statbroadcast but I don't get to watch too many games so I wanted to watch this one. Now I'm sleepy.

• Like 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

It takes time to change pitchers.......there's a lot of that going on in this game.

Doesn't change the fact that I'm still sleepy now. lol

• Haha 1

Burkhalter comes back and gets up 0-2 and Battles fouls out. Come on, Burkhalter! Lets get out of this inning tied!

Edit: So many issues with our control. Burkhalter goes up 0-2 and then a wild pitch. 6-5 Arky.

Edit 2: Lost the batter and walked him. My goodness, you can't do that.

Edited by tgrogan21

I don’t understand the pitch calls at all the past two innings. 

Bases loaded and the top of the lineup is up. Fly out to Howell to end the inning. Arky got that run without a freaking hit. Just self-inflicted wounds.

Ward, Woley, and Miller are up in the 9th to try and tie it up or get the lead. Couldn't ask for 3 better batters.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I don’t understand the pitch calls at all the past two innings. 

Not sure what's going on.....Dyal and Fitts were not on the same page apparently either.

I really do appreciate how good Scheffler was behind the plate. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

Not sure what's going on.....Dyal and Fitts were not on the same page apparently either.

I really do appreciate how good Scheffler was behind the plate. 

Agree with Scheffler. I miss his bat too. 

• Like 1