women’s Recruiting and Staff

LOS ANGELES - The Los Angeles Sparks announced today that Interim Head Coach Fred Williams will depart for Auburn University to assume the role of associate head coach, as previously announced on May 4, 2022. The Sparks are conducting a national search for the next Head Coach of the organiza

"The Sparks would like to thank Coach Fred for his leadership and guidance over the past four seasons as both an assistant coach and as Interim Head Coach," Managing Partner Eric Holoman said. "Fred has had an illustrious WNBA coaching career, and we know he will continue to make an impact on women's basketball at Auburn."

Fred Williams was named an assistant coach with the LA Sparks prior to the 2019 season. He became Interim Head Coach on June 7, 2022. Williams storied coaching career spans more than 25 years, including Head Coaching positions in the WNBA with the Utah Starzz, Atlanta Dream, and the Dallas Wings/Tulsa Shock. Williams was also the head coach at USC from 1995-1997.

"I am very grateful for the opportunity and time that I have had with the Los Angeles Sparks," Williams said. "A special thank you to Eric Holoman, my staff, and players who I have worked with throughout my time. Thank you also to our Sparks fans for your support and for making the atmosphere at our games so memorable."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...