2022 3* CB Emory Floyd

toddc

19 offers including AU, UGA, ND, Florida, South Carolina, Maryland, FSU, Indiana, Minnesota, ONC, Ole Miss, & Vols
Says AU is his #1
Major AU target

I really like that statement! #1

• Like 2

7 hours ago, toddc said:

I really like that statement! #1

I like this statement...

I’ll probably go to corner in college. I just like to be one-on-one on an island. I’m cocky.

• Like 2

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

CB is in from KEEF

Yep 👍 

Auburn is new No. 1 for Georgia DB Emory Floyd

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

@JLeeAURivals

Ad - Top10 Best Dating Sites

Hillgrove (Powder Springs, Ga.) defensive back 

Emory Floyd in February named in-state Georgia his leader.

Less than two months later, things have changed.

“Auburn is now my No. 1,” Floyd said. “I really like Auburn a lot. It just feels like home.”

Floyd speaks regularly with Auburn defensive coordinator Derek Mason and cornerbacks coach Zac Etheridge. Both are big reasons Auburn is atop Floyd’s list.

“Coach Etheridge is a real cool guy,” Floyd said. “We chop it up about everything. And me and and Coach Mason, we watch film sometimes and talk about how I can get better. I really like both of them.”

So does Floyd’s parents.

“My family loves them,” Floyd said. “They talk to my family, text them and that is important to them and me.”

Floyd has yet to visit Auburn, but has done a virtual visit. He also has scheduled an official visit for June 4-6.

“I did a virtual visit and everything was real cool,” Floyd said. “I just love everything about it. I’m ready to see it in person.”

-

NATL

ST

POS

EMORY

FLOYD

UNDECIDED

6'1" | 170 LBS | S | 2022

HILLGROVE

POWDER SPRINGS, GA

Auburn is recruiting Floyd, who is 6-foot-1 and 170 pounds, to play cornerback, although he’s versatile to play several positions in the defensive backfield.

“They are recruiting me to play corner/slot corner,” Floyd said. “I could play safety, too, but right now I think they like me at corner/slot corner.”

In addition to Auburn, Floyd has set an official visit to Maryland for June 11-13. He expects to schedule more visits in the coming weeks.

“Auburn and Maryland are my only two right now,” Floyd said. “I’ll probably set ones to Florida or Georgia, but I don’t know, yet.”

Floyd plans to make a commitment following his official visits in the summer.

“I was supposed to make my decision May 7, but I’ve pushed it back,” Floyd said. “I’m going to take my visits and then make a commitment.”

Rivals ranks Floyd the No. 23 safety in the 2022 class and No. 40 overall recruit in Georgia.

Edited by toddc

• 3 weeks later...

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2021 at 3:21 PM, DAG said:

That three star about to trigger some folks.

Hope we get him down on the plains.

I don't think any reasonable person gets "triggered" by a three star prospect being recruited. However, you take a team of all 3* guys, give me a team of all 5* guys and I'll win virtually every game. As has been demonstrated on this board time and time again, star rankings don't matter much on an individual basis but they matter a lot when the class as a whole is considered.

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't think any reasonable person gets "triggered

Let’s stop right there. Most here aren’t reasonable . If people were reasonable you wouldn’t have to go further in your explanation as we are in an OBVIOUS COACHING TRANSITION. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Let’s stop right there. Most here aren’t reasonable . If people were reasonable you wouldn’t have to go further in your explanation as we are in an OBVIOUS COACHING TRANSITION. 

Chizik/Malzahn & co. signed 9, 4* and 16, 3* players before they ever put a team on the field. That was the #19 class of 2009. While changing coaches doesn't help, it's not necessarily a death certificate. https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2009/all-teams/football

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Chizik/Malzahn & co. signed 9, 4* and 16, 3* players before they ever put a team on the field. That was the #19 class of 2009. While changing coaches doesn't help, it's not necessarily a death certificate. https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2009/all-teams/football

Never said it was a death certificate. Once again let’s be reasonable. Seems like you are making the argument that CBH should be signing more higher star players in the past because a previous regiment was also able to do so. That is not how that works. Every situation is fluid in its own way. Do you think this class is a “death certificate ” type of class? If so, why would you even say such a thing? That same guy , Gus, had us in the 50s of recruiting when he got fired and our new coaching staff was able to get us back into the #19 ranked class. I consider that equivalent to the 2009 class or is that wrong? Btw that class in 2009 was actually ranked #23 nationally (per 247). And ESPN also as CBH rankings higher than the corresponding 2009 class. Rivals has the 2009 class slightly higher than the 2021 class. So in actuality I will say the situations are quite comparable. 

Edited by DAG

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

That 2009 class was hit/miss.  Did half of them ever see the field?  The stars of the class were all but delivered by Tuberville - Ford, Fairly, Lutz.  Chiz took some chances on kids in order to fill out the class.  Harsin seems less apt to take those same chances.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

That 2009 class was hit/miss.  Did half of them ever see the field?  The stars of the class were all but delivered by Tuberville - Ford, Fairly, Lutz.  Chiz took some chances on kids in order to fill out the class.  Harsin seems less apt to take those same chances.

To me, the 2016 was one of the worst. It had its heroes, but many more zeroes

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Classes in '09 and '13 were different they are today.  There wasn't an early signing period in those classes.  80% of the kids sign in December.  That's before virtually any school has hired a new coach.  So it's really hard to compare "1st" classes between years where you didn't have a signing period in December.

It's not really a good comparison.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bigbird said:

To me, the 2016 was one of the worst. It had its heroes, but many more zeroes

Some healthy WR busts in that class and a good TE booted for rape.

Not many people would have said Stove would be the player in the NFL over NCM and Kyle Davis

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Seems like you are making the argument that CBH should be signing more higher star players in the past because a previous regiment was also able to do so.

Yes, that's what he is done.  But lets just ignore both those coaches had 2 months to target players before NSD.  Harsin signed in December after 80% of the kids signed NLI.  So it is totally the same

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Harsin signed in December after 80% of the kids signed NLI. 

Very good point. I just want to make sure I am being as objective as possible. Now a year or two down the road, If we are not hitting those higher ranked prospects, I will be the first to say, okay what is going on. I am no fool. You cannot have sustainable success without elite talent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Very good point. I just want to make sure I am being as objective as possible. Now a year or two down the road, If we are not hitting those higher ranked prospects, I will be the first to say, okay what is going on. I am no fool. You cannot have sustainable success without elite talent. 

Yup.  '22 needs to be a top 15 class.  '23 needs top be in the top 10.  There isn't much difference in classes from like 7 to 13 or so.  Small point difference.  But I think being top 10 at least helps perception vs 11-15.

There is enough talent in the SE and seemingly some of the expanded footprint they are trying to tie into.  We should be able to get into the top 15 for our '22 class.  We've got a lot of young guys that should be good recruiters, just haven't had a chance yet.  If it is '23 and we're in the high teens and 20s then we're in a bit of trouble

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

The 22 class ranking is already being hurt because of the Transfer Portal.  I am not sure if they count towards total points so if they don't we will only have 21 players in the class. The rating services are going to have to start taking transfers into consideration.  The ones picked up in this years class improved the class a lot but I don't think a guy like Kaufmann who was a 3* in HS and showed was better at Vandy helped us in the rankings at all.

Like any class you have to look at where the players are 2-4 years later to truly rank a class. We have had good classes where many players left Auburn so the reality was it wasn't a good class. It is hard to get to top 15 if you only have 20 or 21 in a class. One key thing I want to watch is the 3* that commit early how many are 4* by the time they sign.  Geriner is a good example he was a 3* when he committed and is a composite 4* now. That shows a good eye for talent.  

What I am looking for this year is a well coached team that competes even when not as talented. I am looking for a 2022 Class that really starts to address the O-line. I want 2 OT types that meet the physical parameters of an OT 6'5" or preferably taller, with long arms, that bend at the waist, big hands and have quick agile feet. Of course I want the can't miss 5* OT type but I will be very happy with the type player that can be molded with good coaching and a great strength and conditioning program. Give me at least 2 like that every year same with Interior O-linemen If you do that and Redshirt the O-Line you could have depth and talent.

So far I have been impressed with how the new staff has fleshed out last years class using transfer Portal, Blue Shirt and Grey shirt. We basically ended up with 3 O-linemen

in this class Colby Smith and Garner Langlo then by using the Grey Shirt Rule we pick up Brady Ward who is a project but at very low cost to the program. Brady is 6'7" - 6'8" tall around 320 pounds has some bend at the waste but biggest negative is not very strong for his size.  If he works hard in 2-3 years we could have a legit OT. This is the way that this staff has used the system to make up for the initial 2021 class they were given.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The 22 class ranking is already being hurt because of the Transfer Portal.  I am not sure if they count towards total points so if they don't we will only have 21 players in the class. The rating services are going to have to start taking transfers into consideration.  The ones picked up in this years class improved the class a lot but I don't think a guy like Kaufmann who was a 3* in HS and showed was better at Vandy helped us in the rankings at all.

Very good point.

I'm not concerned about the 2022 class, and we might still be absorbing the transfer hit in 2023. But I do think by then that we should expect the average quality of our recruits to be competitive with, if not bama and uga, then whatever schools fall right behind them. We need top-10 quality even if the quantity's not there. Clemson has actually had several top-10 classes that were more like top-3 in terms of quality. They just don't ever fill up their classes.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DAG said:

Never said it was a death certificate. Once again let’s be reasonable. Seems like you are making the argument that CBH should be signing more higher star players in the past because a previous regiment was also able to do so. That is not how that works. Every situation is fluid in its own way. Do you think this class is a “death certificate ” type of class? If so, why would you even say such a thing? That same guy , Gus, had us in the 50s of recruiting when he got fired and our new coaching staff was able to get us back into the #19 ranked class. I consider that equivalent to the 2009 class or is that wrong? Btw that class in 2009 was actually ranked #23 nationally (per 247). And ESPN also as CBH rankings higher than the corresponding 2009 class. Rivals has the 2009 class slightly higher than the 2021 class. So in actuality I will say the situations are quite comparable. 

Floyd is a class of '22 player. You said people would be triggered because he's a 3*. I pointed out that stars are more important when judging the overall class, not so much with an individual. Again, Floyd is a '22 prospect. We don't want that to be the average rating of the '22 class as a whole.

8 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Floyd is a class of '22 player. You said people would be triggered because he's a 3*. I pointed out that stars are more important when judging the overall class, not so much with an individual. Again, Floyd is a '22 prospect. We don't want that to be the average rating of the '22 class as a whole.

Well the conversation shifted from Floyd when you added another debate point, no? Yes , I stand with what I said. People freak out over three star players. OBVIOUSLY , we don’t want a class full of the same caliber of players. WHEN HAS THAT EVER HAPPENED in the last several years? CBH has shown what he can do in 1.5 months time , which is equivalent to whatever point you were making in your previous post with the 2009 class. Imagine what he could do in a full season? 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1