2022 3* CB Emory Floyd

toddc

18 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Grey Shirt Rule we pick up Brady Ward who is a project but at very low cost to the program.

Is there confirmation if he's actually going to be a PWO or if he's going to be on scholarship?  I really like him as a PWO, but don't like him taking a 22 spot.

18 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Very good point.

I'm not concerned about the 2022 class, and we might still be absorbing the transfer hit in 2023. But I do think by then that we should expect the average quality of our recruits to be competitive with, if not bama and uga, then whatever schools fall right behind them. We need top-10 quality even if the quantity's not there. Clemson has actually had several top-10 classes that were more like top-3 in terms of quality. They just don't ever fill up their classes.

If they don't adjust the 25 for transfers (I hope they do), our 22 class is going to be really small and we'll be out of spots to take transfers next year.  B/c of covid an the blue shirt loophole we're able to count kids forward.  I don't think that's going to be the case next January.  

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

If they don't adjust the 25 for transfers (I hope they do), our 22 class is going to be really small and we'll be out of spots to take transfers next year.  B/c of covid an the blue shirt loophole we're able to count kids forward.  I don't think that's going to be the case next January.  

I don't know if blue shirts are really a loophole. It's just an option that isn't normally used because it doesn't normally make a lot of sense. And you're right that we'll be working with different numbers next year, but we might still be in a position that we need to leverage a future spot or two for immediate help. Either way, the 2023 class might still be somewhat dictated by necessity rather than how our staff would want to manage a roster they built themselves under more normal circumstances. But whether they're having to address unusual needs or not, the players need to be as good as our competition's. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't know if blue shirts are really a loophole. It's just an option that isn't normally used because it doesn't normally make a lot of sense. And you're right that we'll be working with different numbers next year, but we might still be in a position that we need to leverage a future spot or two for immediate help. Either way, the 2023 class might still be somewhat dictated by necessity rather than how our staff would want to manage a roster they built themselves under more normal circumstances. But whether they're having to address unusual needs or not, the players need to be as good as our competition's. 

It's kind of a loophole b/c of Covid.  It's unlikely that any good player will be considered "unrecruited" and be able to use it next year w/out a pandemic.

So, if we take 3-4 more kids, we have 20 total spots for the 22 class an any transfers after this season.  That's it.  We can't use '23 spots like we're doing with 22 spots right now.

Just now, W.E.D said:

It's kind of a loophole b/c of Covid.  It's unlikely that any good player will be considered "unrecruited" and be able to use it next year w/out a pandemic.

So, if we take 3-4 more kids, we have 20 total spots for the 22 class an any transfers after this season.  That's it.  We can't use '23 spots like we're doing with 22 spots right now.

Yes, I know the numbers. 

And Covid might have exaggerated the numbers but it didn't change anything fundamentally. The only difference is scale. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, I know the numbers. 

And Covid might have exaggerated the numbers but it didn't change anything fundamentally. The only difference is scale. 

Covid did change things fundamentally b/c none of these players we've taken would have been "unrecruited" in a normal year when they could take visits.  Maybe schools start leaning into it and say "hey we like you, but don't visit here, we're not going to visit you, etc, so we can still take you and count towards the '23 class".  That's really the only way it'll work.

The reason it’s working is because most of these kids have multiple years left to play. It’s almost like recruiting high school players but with college s/c, coaching, and college experience (football and classes). So there’s a quick transition because of this and more immediate help and playing time possible. Most high school players need a year or two to get up to speed.

• Like 2

On 6/2/2021 at 7:57 AM, W.E.D said:

Is there confirmation if he's actually going to be a PWO or if he's going to be on scholarship?  I really like him as a PWO, but don't like him taking a 22 spot.

I don't know anything official but he was originally a PWO at Ole Miss. Then I heard he was doing same for Auburn.  Maybe an insider can provide exactly what the plan is. Either way I think this is a kid with Potential that will take time to develop at a position of great need.

11 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I don't know anything official but he was originally a PWO at Ole Miss. Then I heard he was doing same for Auburn.  Maybe an insider can provide exactly what the plan is. Either way I think this is a kid with Potential that will take time to develop at a position of great need.

Seems like a perfect PWO.  If he develops he can get put on Scholly in 2 years.  JBoy said the CMU RB was a PWO too, but Rivals contradicted him

12 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Could be a Robert Leff type.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Could be a Robert Leff type.

Good pull. I'd be thrilled. People talked crap about Leff because he didn't come in highly rated but he was a solid player for us, was one of the better guys on the lines he played on, and would've been hugely valuable to us the last couple years. 

• Like 5

Three stars are now 4*

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Paladin said:

Who’s now a 4* on Rivals 

What other schools have wowed Floyd in the past few days? Floyd is one Auburn needs to strengthen the secondary play.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently didn't make his top 3. 

That's really disappointing 

9 minutes ago, Paladin said:

This was a really disappointing one. I think we led at one point. 

Some folks were talking about Beamer not out recruiting us. Well he's 1-0 right now. T Rob is a beast recruiter. We're missing that right now. 

On 7/3/2021 at 12:44 PM, W.E.D said:

This was a really disappointing one. I think we led at one point. 

Some folks were talking about Beamer not out recruiting us. Well he's 1-0 right now.

He just took a tumble in the rankings hehe.

Led, led, led then all of a sudden not Top 3, then commits to South Carolina. What do you think that implies hmmm?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, metafour said:

He just took a tumble in the rankings hehe.

Led, led, led then all of a sudden not Top 3, then commits to South Carolina. What do you think that implies hmmm?

hmmm

19 hours ago, metafour said:

Damn, this staff sucks at recruiting….

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, fredst said:

Eh, I take this particular recruitment as more of a SCar is being a little sketchy. They have the #14 class right now (granted it's mostly fueled by sheer numbers) with meh facilities, a head coach with no experience, a program with zero historic success, and a rather unimpressive staff.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:
50 minutes ago, fredst said:

Eh, I take this particular recruitment as more of a SCar is being a little sketchy. They have the #14 class right now (granted it's mostly fueled by sheer numbers) with meh facilities, a head coach with no experience, a program with zero historic success, and a rather unimpressive staff.

Tongue was firmly in cheek there. Baby got you going all @ellitor on me, lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

@Zeek I wouldn't assume SCar was being sketchy. AU had backed off Floyd for now.

• Like 1