2021 Arky Transfer SG Desi Sills

ellitor

image.jpeg

AU pushing hard per JLee
Had a great 3 point % as a freshman but it has dropped quite a bit in his 2nd & 3rd years
Has 2 years of eligibility left

That name seems to have been called a bit when playing us. 

It sure is odd seeing guys with plenty of playing time and success at a particular school up and decide to leave. With Pinson i could see it cause he didn't play much in postseason so it seemed like he was on the outs with his coach. But guys like this it just makes me scratch my head a bit. What is he looking for at the next school that he wasn't getting at Arky

8 minutes ago, gravejd said:

It sure is odd seeing guys with plenty of playing time and success at a particular school up and decide to leave. With Pinson i could see it cause he didn't play much in postseason so it seemed like he was on the outs with his coach. But guys like this it just makes me scratch my head a bit. What is he looking for at the next school that he wasn't getting at Arky

He lost his starting job to a freshman midway through the year, that’s the story.

3 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

He lost his starting job to a freshman midway through the year, that’s the story.

Sounds like we need to get that freshman then. 

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Sounds like we need to get that freshman then. 

We offered Davonte Davis but I think we believed we had better SG targets lined up. Might’ve been a tough pull out of Arkansas anyway (although Coach Flanigan has had success there).

Even as a starter, Arky basically keeps 4 guards that’ll get significant touches and minutes every season...it does worry the back of my back of my mind when we get like 4 new players in one season and a couple are just bc they didn’t get minutes. What if they don’t get minutes here?

14 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

it does worry the back of my back of my mind when we get like 4 new players in one season and a couple are just bc they didn’t get minutes. What if they don’t get minutes here?

Free agency.

25 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m leaning A&M for the fact that people seem to think that we wouldn’t take him this early 

The Arkansas folks I’ve seen think he picks A&M for more playing time, for whatever that’s worth. 

I think we're gonna play the long game and wait for Henderson updates as long as possible. We have at least two guys that can still easily get pushed out, but assuming they don't, and assuming one scholly is a non-factor for NCAA reasons, you're reduced to one for Scoot and one for the field. Then you have Thor HOPEFULLY coming back

the mathematics of this offseason have my head spinning, but I have to think this is keeping us from Desi more than anything

6 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’m leaning A&M for the fact that people seem to think that we wouldn’t take him this early 

@Maverick.AU Per JLee He's tried to commit twice & AU wouldn't take it. We are waiting the long game with Scoot & TyTy.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

@Maverick.AU Per JLee He's tried to commit twice & AU wouldn't take it. We are waiting the long game with Scoot & TyTy.

As we should. Desi is a talented player and has always played good against us, but not worth sacrificing scoot or tyty 

Archived