OFFICIAL 2021 MASTERS THREAD

Barnacle

Wow, I go play some terrible golf and Matsuyama is threatening to run away with it. Hope not though, the Masters needs drama. 

3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Wow, I go play some terrible golf and Matsuyama is threatening to run away with it. Hope not though, the Masters needs drama. 

Oh there will drama imo

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well that was a little interesting until Xander hit that eight iron a fat

Seriously. A gettable pin as well. 

Anyway, Hideki is a deserving champion and I'm extremely happy for him. Dude played lights out yesterday, and maintained a lot of composure today. 

Damn, I love this tournament.

I should add the eight iron was the perfect club he said later he should have hit a fade there. I would have hit a little draw eight just to the right of the pin but I think he feels better hitting the fade I guess. jmo

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I love this tournament

Its the best especially knowing the history and Bobby Jones influence............Jones was always one of my hero next to Ben Hogan

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I should add the eight iron was the perfect club he said later he should have hit a fade there. I would have hit a little draw eight just to the right of the pin but I think he feels better hitting the fade I guess. jmo

Fade gives you the chance of ending up on top like Hideki, and so I actually think the draw was the correct shot. Looked to me like a pull. I could tell the second he hit it, he was headed too far left. 

Maybe he's just not that comfortable hitting a draw. 

After all the talk about moving back tees again, it’s good to see a guy win who ranks 101st in driving distance. He even dropped 9 spots in the distance rankings after the tournament. 

Archived