2021 EKU Transfer PG Wendell Green Commits To AU!

ellitor

SWISH baby!!! Go big Bruce. Playing that string music 🎶 

Edited by toddc
  • Love 1

• ellitor changed the title to 2021 EKU Transfer PG Wendell Green Commits To AU!
  • ellitor pinned and featured this topic

Not as in love with the film as some of you seem to be. As far as film goes it's just a couple of games so maybe when I see more I'll get more excited

26 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

So what does J Ferguson mean when he says "In one of the fastest and highest pressure systems in America"?  This is a new one to me

@steeleagle The high tempo on O & the pressure on D EKU used in their system last season.

• Like 1

Of course it's just the highlights, but he threaded the needle with some of his passes AND his ability to change direction and maneuver in traffic. Some eye catching ball handling skills. We'll take him.

53 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Not as in love with the film as some of you seem to be. As far as film goes it's just a couple of games so maybe when I see more I'll get more excited

Are you watching his college film or HS? I just looked at his college, and looked at his stats for consistency, and was more impressed with his ball handling than expected. He can switch hands, and direction pretty well in traffic around the perimeter and going to the basket. I also looked at some of the stronger teams he played against to get a good gauge, and he did pretty well in the stat line. 

And remember this guy was just a freshman, regardless of the competition. And he was starting I think from day one...

One thing I liked...he is aggressive looking to score. He distributed too, looking at his high Assist avg, but he was constantly going downhill towards the basket.

With Jasper and Green, The threat of full court ball pressure being a major factor almost disappears. I see far more up tempo. Pedal to the metal. Like the good ole days 2-3 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

One pundit in vip said “this guy was created in a lab for CBP’s style of play”!

• Like 3

Great video of several players and analysis of their respective talents!

STOP and POPS!!!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

In continuing the spirit of comparing a new Auburn player to old Auburn players, I finally watched that game tape and there’s actually some traits the guy from both Cooper and Harper that folks might like 

I hate not being able to see lowlights of a guy, bc the main pros I see for him (as it relates to this system), is that he has a live dribble, CAN make any type of lay up, and appears to have a good moving shot. Idk his profile or anything but he seems like a very complementary player to Jabari and Cardwell based on the pressure he puts in transition and his PnR vision. Idk when chemistry could come into play, but he seems like a better 1 option than Jamal or Justin just off first look 

On 4/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, toddc said:

Great video of several players and analysis of their respective talents!

STOP and POPS!!!

I don’t pay for sports coverage just bc I don’t follow it enough for it to be worth, but Ferguson is doing an incredible job of attempting to fill the hole in basketball coverage this program has. 
If he could put on some of the Twitter heads that put in work on researching our prospects/high school commits, there could be a comprehensive team that I would hope pushes people to watch other basketball levels other than the SEC. but that might be me being wishful 

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

In continuing the spirit of comparing a new Auburn player to old Auburn players, I finally watched that game tape and there’s actually some traits the guy from both Cooper and Harper that folks might like 

I hate not being able to see lowlights of a guy, bc the main pros I see for him (as it relates to this system), is that he has a live dribble, CAN make any type of lay up, and appears to have a good moving shot. Idk his profile or anything but he seems like a very complementary player to Jabari and Cardwell based on the pressure he puts in transition and his PnR vision. Idk when chemistry could come into play, but he seems like a better 1 option than Jamal or Justin just off first look 

Oh, there is no comparing Green to Johnson or Powell. They are not pgs, and Green is. There should be no comparison.

If comparing, compare him to Harper, McCormick, and Cooper. He reminds me of that pg for Ga. Can't remember his name, and too lazy to look it up :). He can dribble on a dime, find different ways to get a layup, and he is thicker like Green seems to be...

29 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Oh, there is no comparing Green to Johnson or Powell. They are not pgs, and Green is. There should be no comparison.

If comparing, compare him to Harper, McCormick, and Cooper. He reminds me of that pg for Ga. Can't remember his name, and too lazy to look it up :). He can dribble on a dime, find different ways to get a layup, and he is thicker like Green seems to be...

The point of doing so was simply to think of where we’d be with him vs with the course of action that would’ve occurred with no transfers. 

• Like 1

This was a substantial undertaking involving a lot of subjective evaluation, and it will evolve over time.

I'd prefer it to be objective...

• Like 1

I'm liking his attitude. I want to know more about how well he protects the ball. He just doesn't look all that quick to be though....idk we'll see. I don't want him to be easy to guard.