What did you do with your free money?

Mikey

On 4/13/2021 at 10:53 PM, Mikey said:

You did all that with the pittance of a government handout? Do you hire out as a financial advisor? I could use some tips from a fellow that got all that done with just a dab of money!  :)

We already had savings going toward a house, the stimmy checks just advanced the process. Leftover money after the house went toward the bed and lawnmower. My wife is my financial advisor, I’m neurotic when it comes to money. 

34 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

We already had savings going toward a house, the stimmy checks just advanced the process. Leftover money after the house went toward the bed and lawnmower. My wife is my financial advisor, I’m neurotic when it comes to money. 

We bought down our rate on our refi. We were going to put some of the stimmy toward that but we still haven't gotten the stimmy so we paid cash. Which we've done also for some home facelift stuff. Since we pre-stimulated the economy, our check, should it ever arrive, will now be considered relief instead of stimulus. 

Somewhat similar delegation of fiscal responsibility in our home. I'm actually the more savvy of the two of us, but I'm just generally an irresponsible person and her dad was very successful in finance for many years before retiring recently. So, as conduit to his wisdom and not a dumbass, she wins. 

Archived