Mississippi State series

This is happening yet again.

How many times is this same story going to happen? 

Starter does well and goes deep.

Bullpen screws it up.

Offense doesn’t get going until late.

Offense makes a comeback and ties it up.

Stupid defensive mistakes give the other team the lead.

Auburn can’t come back again.

**** guys seriously? 

Bliss K’s. 

Going to the ninth in a game that should be tied but is instead 6-5 State. 

• Like 1

Hopefully AU can find a way to win this game. If they do not how much bad luck does this team have. UK won a game because an outfielder fell down and missed a fly ball which would have been the third out but a run scored and now the run scored in the 8th from a missed pop up on the infield. So many close games which could have gone AU way. Let’s hope for a 9th inning rally. 

Weak at bats in the 9th inning by 2 veterans. 

Miller hits one to the track, but no cigar. 

Tigers lose yet another 1 run heartbreaker. 

How much bad friggin luck does this team have?

Tomorrow and Sunday are now must wins. Season in the balance. 

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Weak at bats in the 9th inning by 2 veterans. 

Miller hits one to the track, but no cigar. 

Tigers lose yet another 1 run heartbreaker. 

How much bad friggin luck does this team have?

Tomorrow and Sunday are now must wins. Season in the balance. 

Bad luck? To me it’s lack of execution, concentration and poor play. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Certainly not bad luck.  Just very costly mistakes.  Somehow, we are going to run out of ways to lose a baseball game, and win 1!   

It is killer that nearly everytime we score a run or 2, the next half we give up a run at least.  ZERO momentum.  

• Like 1

This team is so dern close. Just need a break or two. Not done yet, but getting dangerously close. Goals still achievable, just gotta have the mojo show back up like tomorrow. 

I like Butch. A lot. But in year 6 here we sit with a third of SEC play done and we’ve lost 90% of our SEC games. At this point a one run loss is no different that a 5 run loss. I expected us to become an SEC contender by now under this staff. This is a very disappointing season. I would like to see more fire from the coaches. And maybe some lineup changes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I like Butch. A lot. But in year 6 here we sit with a third of SEC play done and we’ve lost 90% of our SEC games. At this point a one run loss is no different that a 5 run loss. I expected us to become an SEC contender by now under this staff. This is a very disappointing season. I would like to see more fire from the coaches. And maybe some lineup changes. 

Sorry, I never believed in making a coach change his personality. They are what they are. Butch, and I guess Hudson, seem to be low key type of coaches that try to show control, and temperment, good or bad. It's up to the players to make things change.

Someone said it was bad luck. Don't buy that for a second based on the situations that have occurred so far. 

You make your own luck. And a missed infield pop up, a WP/PB, these are plays that HAVE to be made to get you out of a slump. Mental attitude goes a long way in a makeup of a team IMO, and this team seems to not stay mentally tough for a long period of time, whether it is at the plate or in the field.

I hate it for the guys, bc I know they are trying, and now probably are wound up pretty tight, seeing what happens in late innings.

Edited by steeleagle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

Sorry, I never believed in making a coach change his personality.

I respect that, and what I’m asking for is not a wholesale personality change. I’m asking for a temporary change in demeanor. Just like the super high strung coach has to sometimes calm down for a a change of pace, the easy going guys have to crank up the heat to get players attention. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I think that’s a good thought but honestly, the issue is much more on the mound. Not worried about Butch as he’s made this program 10 times what it was in the 2000/early 10’s but I don’t know if Huddy is the answer. 

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I think that’s a good thought but honestly, the issue is much more on the mound. Not worried about Butch as he’s made this program 10 times what it was in the 2000/early 10’s but I don’t know if Huddy is the answer. 

Agree on Huddy. 

MSU hit a 2 run homer in the third. 

Auburn has second and third with one out, but Judd Ward swings at the first pitch (low and outside) and hits a shallow pop to left. Trying to make something happen, Howell guns for the plate. Almost in there but a great throw got him.

I’m going to be in the minority, but I think Judd needs to sit a few. I can’t stand his situational approach at the plate.

The idea that “that’s just how he is, he’s aggressive and swings at the first pitch a lot” is absurd. That’s why he’s still in and that’s why he’s costing us opportunities.

Edited by tigerbrotha12
  • Facepalm 1

2 quick outs.

Then a walk and a base hit. Then a three run bomb.

6-1 MSU T4.

Snakebit. If it can go wrong for this team it will. Any success they have early they give it right back almost Immediately through crummy approaches, spiking pitches in the dirt, making a colossal error, or leaving the ball up on 2 strike counts. 

I can’t take it anymore I’m out. Gonna go do something else. Y’all pull em through I guess.