Pegues moves to DT

Maverick.AU

Posted it in another thread but figured I’d make it its own. I think the injury to Wright probably prompted this move. I do hope we still get to see him sometimes on O though, but I think he excels at DT

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have a lot of talented TE's. Not enough snaps to go around which may be hurting our guys trying to get in a rhythm. JJ will get a lot more PT at DT and maybe a few TE plays to top it off. I'll be surprised if he is not a starter on defense.

2 minutes ago, autan said:

We have a lot of talented TE's. Not enough snaps to go around which may be hurting our guys trying to get in a rhythm. JJ will get a lot more PT at DT and maybe a few TE plays to top it off. I'll be surprised if he is not a starter on defense.

The only hope of a NFL future for JJ is on the DL. He may have been a novelty at TE, but his measurables weren't going to help him there. He has the size and speed for a good DT, and it would really be a mistake to not try it. I think the coaches see it, and I think JJ and his dad apparently see it too.

Was hoping to see him at FB.  Maybe we still won’t really use a fullback.  Hopefully he’ll have as much potential on the Dline as on offense.  

4 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

What the **** do I know?   LOL

You win haha . I give you that. Crow eaten 

Guarantee he will have a role in a jumbo package in short yardage. But great move. Beast. 

1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

What the **** do I know?   LOL

Hope he sticks and succeeds! Mea culpa will be piled up at your door, and half of them will have come from me.

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hope he sticks and succeeds! Mea culpa will be piled up at your door, and half of them will have come from me.

Isn't nice just to eat crow and be ecstatic at the same time?! I don't think people understand, we have no issue being wrong and admitting it lol. 

I have to admit, I was sort of hoping to see how creative Harsin and Bobo could get with him on offense. I sure did enjoy watching him with the ball in his hands and throwing some of those blocks. I was expecting this eventually but it came a little sooner than I thought it would. I'm sure he and dad have a lot of respect for Eason and his recommendation would go a long way with them. If they want this now then so should we. He is going to be one athletic DT/DE. Go get 'em J.J. 

This is the best for both Pegues and for Auburn. He will see the field far more on Dline than he would on offense. He would never be an every down player on offense. And his worth would be negated if he only entered a game for a series of downs to run the ball. Which is so Gus.

Love the move. Not possible to get all the TEs we have on the field. He can be a everydown DL guy. His athletism will be used in passing situations. Other guys his size would be coming of the field in 3rd and long situations.

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

To bad bird can't be that way

Wish a lot more people were like that 

53 minutes ago, DAG said:

Isn't nice just to eat crow and be ecstatic at the same time?! I don't think people understand, we have no issue being wrong and admitting it lol. 

That is just one of many reasons that You and Loof are two of my favorite posters on this board

Archived