Pegues moves to DT

Maverick.AU

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, auburnphan said:

That is just one of many reasons that You and Loof are two of my favorite posters on this board

Really that's to bad

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Really that's to bad

The kids at south Tampa were much more hospitable than you lol 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

The kids at south Tampa were much more hospitable than you lol 

Well first off I not a kid numnuts...............so are you moving to Tampa or Orl. or So Fl?????????????/

Potential to be an amped up Sen’derrick Marks with his athleticism. Hope it works out that way. I never posted it but I knew that @McLoofuswas full of 💩 on this one....

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

Potential to be an amped up Sen’derrick Marks with his athleticism. Hope it works out that way. I never posted it but I knew that @McLoofuswas full of 💩 on this one....

"On this one"- mighty generous of you

19 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well first off I not a kid numnuts...............so are you moving to Tampa or Orl. or So Fl?????????????/

I personally like the diversity of Tampa. A lot more infrastructure being build up and it is not so much "old money" anymore. Sorry, if I offend anyone with that lol. I would move to Tampa yesterday if I could. So much job opportunity for me as well. The partner really wants to move to freaking Portland, Oregon though..So we are still working it out haha. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I personally like the diversity of Tampa. A lot more infrastructure being build up and it is not so much "old money" anymore. Sorry, if I offend anyone with that lol. I would move to Tampa yesterday if I could. So much job opportunity for me as well. The partner really wants to move to freaking Portland, Oregon though..So we are still working it out haha. 

Just keep saying warm weather warm weather warm weather warm weather warm weather warm weather

Won't be surprised at all to still see him at FB if needed. Selfishly from an entertainment standpoint, I sure hope we get the ball in his hands some, but excited to see him excel on the DL. 

6 hours ago, AUGunsmith said:

Where are all those people a few weeks ago clamering how this would be a bad move and he is a freak one in a million superstar unbeatable weapon on O?

They were all just agreeing with Malzahn. You know they like to do that on here all the time.

5 hours ago, IronMan70 said:

I have to admit, I was sort of hoping to see how creative Harsin and Bobo could get with him on offense. I sure did enjoy watching him with the ball in his hands and throwing some of those blocks. I was expecting this eventually but it came a little sooner than I thought it would. I'm sure he and dad have a lot of respect for Eason and his recommendation would go a long way with them. If they want this now then so should we. He is going to be one athletic DT/DE. Go get 'em J.J. 

That's a great thought, but what did you seriously think they could "creatively" do with JJ at TE? Serious question.

No need to overthink this one, a move that seemed obvious and needed to be made. Sometimes if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck..it’s a damn duck. :) 

13 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

That's a great thought, but what did you seriously think they could "creatively" do with JJ at TE? Serious question.

If he was going to be on offense, just find ways to get him the ball more than GM did. I figured they would get a lot more creative with JJ (Worm too) but I was leaving the rest to them. Like I said though, I expected this sooner or later and now JJ will be on the field more. I think he's going to do well.

@Malcolm_FleX48, have heard he is starting out at the 4i...which made me think of our previous conversations about the DL. What do you think? I believe he will remind a lot of people DeMarco McNeil in his quickness and explosion.  Eason has to be smiling everyday.

8 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

Throw him the ball!!

I am sure they did this for depth, but he was recruited strictly as a tight end. That is all he played in high school. I could not find anything about him playing defense in high school or being recruited as a defensive player. So from a technique standpoint he knows nothing about dline. I am sure his quickness is an asset but I could see it being a real learning experience. 

39 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Throw him the ball!!

Why? He isn't a match up issue. Not tall, not super fast, his only plus with the ball is his size. A prototypical TE will bring more to the table with better opportunities to make plays with the ball in their hand. 

7 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

I am sure they did this for depth, but he was recruited strictly as a tight end. That is all he played in high school. I could not find anything about him playing defense in high school or being recruited as a defensive player. So from a technique standpoint he knows nothing about dline. I am sure his quickness is an asset but I could see it being a real learning experience. 

He sealed their title game in HS with a sack. Just because his HS coach underutilized him doesn’t mean we have to.

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Just because his HS coach underutilized him doesn’t mean we have to.

Hold my beer!

-Gus

8 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

He sealed their title game in HS with a sack. Just because his HS coach underutilized him doesn’t mean we have to.

If he played defense in high school, then it didn’t t resonate with recruiting because no one was recruiting him from a defensive perspective. I am not saying he can’t help on defense, it seems as some on here think this is a slam dunk move and they guy is going to be all SEC.  I just don’t see it. There is no history in his career to support it. Also I think it funny that many on here would go nuts because we moved dline people to oline the last few years.

21 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

Some folks say that football recruiting is the most dishonest job in America.

Archived