Seeking A-Day info

shabby

I read they hadn't determined stadium capacity for A-day according to an article  two weeks ago. Do we know yet what the stadium capacity is going to be? after a brutal 2020 I would sure love the normalcy of watching the game in person!

I think they’re going to let everyone in who buys a ticket and still have room to spread people out. I mean what is the largest Aday crowd we’ve ever had? Less than half capacity for sure.

I bought mine.  You have to buy them in 2 or 4 seat blocks (4 seems to be the minimum for public buyers) so they are probably spreading everyone out.  

6 hours ago, toddc said:

I think they’re going to let everyone in who buys a ticket and still have room to spread people out. I mean what is the largest Aday crowd we’ve ever had? Less than half capacity for sure.

83,400 last time we had a new coach,

Expect some more information tomorrow

10 hours ago, AUpocalypse said:

Also the last time we got to roll the OG trees at Toomers.

11 hours ago, AUpocalypse said:

We filled up JHS for Gus's first year?  I don't remember that.

Anyone know what station is carrying it?  Assume one of the ESPNs or SECN

32 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

We filled up JHS for Gus's first year?  I don't remember that.

Anyone know what station is carrying it?  Assume one of the ESPNs or SECN

Auburn shattered its attendance record for a spring game as an announced crowd of 83,401 watched the Tigers' A-Day game Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Fans began filling up the upperdeck of Jordan-Hare Stadium in the middle of the first quarter, pushing attendance well over the record of 63,217 set in 2010, when fans were excited to see Cam Newton's debut as Auburn's quarterback.

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Auburn shattered its attendance record for a spring game as an announced crowd of 83,401 watched the Tigers' A-Day game Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Fans began filling up the upperdeck of Jordan-Hare Stadium in the middle of the first quarter, pushing attendance well over the record of 63,217 set in 2010, when fans were excited to see Cam Newton's debut as Auburn's quarterback.

Huh.  Ok.  I don't remember that kind of excitement for Gus.  I was happy to get away from Gene but I certainly wasn't that excited for Gus.

I feel like Harsin is our best hire since Tubs.  Certainly better than Gene/Gus.

11 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Huh.  Ok.  I don't remember that kind of excitement for Gus.  I was happy to get away from Gene but I certainly wasn't that excited for Gus.

I feel like Harsin is our best hire since Tubs.  Certainly better than Gene/Gus.

We don’t know that yet! He might be better, and I believe he’s a good hire, but I’m not sure we can name the new football complex after him either.

Just now, toddc said:

We don’t know that yet! He might be better, and I believe he’s a good hire, but I’m not sure we can name the new football complex after him either.

Yeah I agree.  I'm more talking about the time of hire.  5-12, gimmick offense, vs Harsin being pretty established and has put kids in the league regularly from a non P5 school.

Biggest question is going to be recruiting, IMO.  Gene was really good, Gus decent but just really bad on priorities.  We'll see with BH.  Dude needs to have a Trooper/Luper part of the staff and get elite recruits...then hopefully not self destruct like the last 5 coaches.

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I don't think it was so much the anticipation... 2012 was just that bad. I think people were looking forward to a win 😂

A-Day Details updated:

https://auburntigers.com/sports/2021/2/25/2021-a-day.aspx

War Damn Everyone, see ya there.

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Went to both of those. 

Might be a little wet at Aday.  I’m pretty excited about this game and glad it’ll be on ESPN app.  Probably gonna be play by play from Andy and Stan.  I’m sure it’ll be a lot of base formations but I also think they’ll through some gimmick plays to entertain the fans as well.  
Biggest questions

1)  Can the Oline pass protect this year

2)  How does the Dline look with JJ

3)  How well the young WRs are doing

Archived