Jump to content
Null

Recommended Posts

I sure hope when the under armour contract is up we go to nike , the schools in the SEC that are endorse by nike, there uniforms are just far and away better then ours from a design stand point and shoe/cleats included. We on the other hand, still have Russell Athletics with just the two u's on the jersey, please AD Green get us away and out of this junk.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites




This is a basketball issue not a football issue. In basketball it will make things that much easier for our staff to be a Jordan Brand or Nike School. We will have more in roads to elite prospects. Our basketball staff is great recruiters but they have to work harder than competing Nike and Jordan Brand staffs when going against the blue chip recruits. 

What logo you have on your jersey's is a non issue in football.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

This is a basketball issue not a football issue. In basketball it will make things that much easier for our staff to be a Jordan Brand or Nike School. We will have more in roads to elite prospects. Our basketball staff is great recruiters but they have to work harder than competing Nike and Jordan Brand staffs when going against the blue chip recruits. 

What logo you have on your jersey's is a non issue in football.

Wasn't Capernick wearing a Nike football uniform when he took his stand ( sorry he knelt ) on something that started a world wide movement that Nike jumped on? It sure wasn't a basketball uniform he was wearing. I'm not trying to be a stick to the eye kind of guy just making an observation. I'm sure I am missing something.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, eaglenest said:

We on the other hand, still have Russell Athletics with just the two u's on the jersey,

What does this mean? 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, eaglenest said:

 the schools in the SEC that are endorse by nike, there uniforms are just far and away better then ours from a design stand point and shoe/cleats included. 

You must be under 25ish. Jerseys, cleats, and gloves don't win ballgames. 

 

...But orange facemasks do.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

You must be under 25ish. Jerseys, cleats, and gloves don't win ballgames. 

 

...But orange facemasks do.

Disagree on cleats. They are pretty critical and UA makes some awful shoes. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel like there's a good chance we go to jump brand. I'd be good with it. Gonna be too many lil brothers scare to go to Nike bc Bama is Nike. 

Might as well go to the lil bro version of Nike

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Feel like there's a good chance we go to jump brand. I'd be good with it. Gonna be too many lil brothers scare to go to Nike bc Bama is Nike. 

Might as well go to the lil bro version of Nike

I'm no ones "lil bro" by any stretch. I don't understand what " jump " brand is nor have I ever seen it in any store. But you are correct on one thing When I see the midget standing at his throne ( which has been shortened ) and I see Nike and Coke and Coke brand water I go straight for the Faygo Orange, Converse shoes and my water hose in yard for good quality H Two O.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Feel like there's a good chance we go to jump brand. I'd be good with it. Gonna be too many lil brothers scare to go to Nike bc Bama is Nike. 

Might as well go to the lil bro version of Nike

that is why we can't get out of our own way to busy worrying about Bama, that is just to much back woods thinking for me, trying to do things the Auburn way and where have that gotten us?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GAAubie said:

Nike sucks!!! Adidas!

GA, you may as well get ready to get on board or find another team to root for because it's going to happen Allen and Harsin and Bruce will sign off on nike.  By the way, just come on out and tell us why you really dislike Nike?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hay Field 101 said:

I'm no ones "lil bro" by any stretch. I don't understand what " jump " brand is nor have I ever seen it in any store. But you are correct on one thing When I see the midget standing at his throne ( which has been shortened ) and I see Nike and Coke and Coke brand water I go straight for the Faygo Orange, Converse shoes and my water hose in yard for good quality H Two O.

I didnt say you were anything. 

 

Sorry, Jumpman. It's Nike's Jordan brand. They are UNCs appeal sponsor

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

that's bad to, where have that gotten us look at the current deal???

It doesn’t matter about past deals. It’s just about the money on the table. May be quite different. Maybe better or worse but just go for the fest deal, regardless of names. One is no better than the other IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Disagree on cleats. They are pretty critical and UA makes some awful shoes. 

Yup we've had some awful games with slipping while the other team is fine. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Yup we've had some awful games with slipping while the other team is fine. 

Shoes are probably the biggest complaint you can have (ignoring basketball issues). 

I also want an apparel contract that gives our players a ton of free stuff. Too many stories of players begging to get gear. Hopefully that's not an AU policy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Shoes are probably the biggest complaint you can have (ignoring basketball issues). 

I also want an apparel contract that gives our players a ton of free stuff. Too many stories of players begging to get gear. Hopefully that's not an AU policy 

nike?!?! look Auburn has 2 of it's biggest star athletes with life time contract with nike and one of it's biggest alum on the board at nike this is a no brainer and a slam dunk deal, what has hurt Auburn to me is we do not know how to market ourselves. I would see if we could get apple along with nike to help us with making us a huge brand, you could have apple and nike logo on all the big 3 sports arena how about the apple lounge or apple recruiting lounge or center. Under Armour has done absolutely nothing for Auburn and it's brand, we can't purchase half the apparel that we see the coaches wear and your local sporting good store has very little to no Auburn gear in it just terrible.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

nike?!?! look Auburn has 2 of it's biggest star athletes with life time contract with nike and one of it's biggest alum on the board at nike this is a no brainer and a slam dunk deal, what has hurt Auburn to me is we do not know how to market ourselves. I would see if we could get apple along with nike to help us with making us a huge brand, you could have apple and nike logo on all the big 3 sports arena how about the apple lounge or apple recruiting lounge or center. Under Armour has done absolutely nothing for Auburn and it's brand, we can't purchase half the apparel that we see the coaches wear and your local sporting good store has very little to no Auburn gear in it just terrible.

Wow!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have no strong opinion on the issue. 

It was kind of weird seeing Under Armour back out of it's UCLA deal for financial reasons last year. And now the only major college programs UA has are Auburn, south Carolina, and Notre Dame. 

 

We need to make sure the terms we are getting from UA are much more than what we could get otherwise from competition considering we are put at a disadvantage basketball wise, and at least IMO UA quality isn't really what it used to be. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the UA stuff.

I like being different from the nike crowd, In particular, Bama.

I'm sorry that UA affects recruiting, though Bruce is bringing in a bunch of studs.

We've historically been in the top ten in recruiting despite this "albatross" on the gridiron.

Maybe we can use this as a motivation to ask UA to improve their shoes. This is the only place I've heard complaints about the equipment.  Surely ADAG can work in some freebies for the next contract if that is an issue.

I'd be interested in the groups opinion.  How about a poll?  nike vs UA

Link to post
Share on other sites

UA should just start making products for babies, old people and women called Under Armor Underwear and call it a win! Too much? Yeah!

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, toddc said:

UA should just start making products for babies, old people and women called Under Armor Underwear and call it a win! Too much? Yeah!

Are you calling me an old, half naked woman?!?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...