Bryan Harsin take on Bo Nix

aubiefifty

8 minutes ago, keesler said:

I'd like to see him with a top shelf QB coach & training program this off-season.  

I will remind everyone his dad was a college QB and OC at Miami and GT.  He shouldn't be struggling with fundamentals at this point of his career.   

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, AUCE05 said:

I will remind everyone his dad was a college QB and OC at Miami and GT.  He shouldn't be struggling with fundamentals at this point of his career.   

Pat's had 100% access and control of Bo's coaching/training/development for 21 yrs of Bo's life.  :gofig:

The thing that hurts Bo the most is people over hyping him. Even in this thread it's still the no QB has ever had the desire to win more than Bo.....that's all a bunch of bull, and the sooner people start seeing what he is and stop hyping what he's not the quicker people will stop being so disappointed and appreciate what he actually is.

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The thing that hurts Bo the most is people over hyping him. Even in this thread it's still the no QB has ever had the desire to win more than Bo.....that's all a bunch of bull, and the sooner people start seeing what he is and stop hyping what he's not the quicker people will stop being so disappointed and appreciate what he actually is.

What is he actually?

We need to accept that Nix is what he is right now, an average quarterback with a lot of bad traits that he has had for a while now. I hope he continues to improve, but I also hope they bring in a transfer who can start immediately if necessary. We now have a real offensive system, so we need Bo to play within that system and not try and play hero ball when it's not necessary. Just take what the defense gives you. I want Bo to do well, but if he doesn't show it in fall camp, it's time to have another option that is ready to go.

7 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

I have watched Bo since his Pinson days.  Same mistakes.  Bo was a mid-50's % completion QB then.  No reason to expect him to improve on that vs SEC talent.  

Except he did with a 60% season against an all-SEC schedule so that's cool 

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Look at the title of the thread and then let me know exactly what point you disagree with Harsin’s comments rather than your overview of him as a QB. Trying to understand your comments.

32 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Look at the title of the thread and then let me know exactly what point you disagree with Harsin’s comments rather than your overview of him as a QB. Trying to understand your comments.

I am just going to save cole the time... he wasn’t talking about CBH. He was talking about the fellow posters on here. The question you are asking does not apply nor does it make sense in the context of his point.

3 hours ago, gravejd said:

What is he actually?

He's not a franchise super star that can carry a team on his back by himself, he doesn't possess some extraordinary will never before seen.

He's a guy who's actually a little behind with some potential. And he's going to make some mistakes getting to his destination. We need to stop trying to place him above everybody else and we need to stop downing other players for his sake.

Then instead of him not reaching Superman goals that he's never even shown the ability to reach, we can talk about stuff he did archive. And then when he surpass some things that he didn't even look to have the ability to do, there won't even be any question of what he can do because he'd now achieved those things and it wouldn't be just some bull that was given out because of his name or whatever. And then he'd get respect.

22 minutes ago, cole256 said:

He's not a franchise super star that can carry a team on his back by himself, he doesn't possess some extraordinary will never before seen.

He's a guy who's actually a little behind with some potential. And he's going to make some mistakes getting to his destination. We need to stop trying to place him above everybody else and we need to stop downing other players for his sake.

Then instead of him not reaching Superman goals that he's never even shown the ability to reach, we can talk about stuff he did archive. And then when he surpass some things that he didn't even look to have the ability to do, there won't even be any question of what he can do because he'd now achieved those things and it wouldn't be just some bull that was given out because of his name or whatever. And then he'd get respect.

IMO he is the best at the QB position we have at this time. May change by fall but not at this time.

10 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

IMO he is the best at the QB position we have at this time. May change by fall but not at this time.

Ok. I have said the same thing. You seem to want to have a debate about him. I'm game if that's accurate.

I agree...he's not a franchise super star, but i don't think most of the folks believe he is.  For the most part,  I think the consensus has it right.  Jason Campbell and Stan White both had similar evaluations after their second year.  I hope Bo ends up following a similar path.  

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Ok. I have said the same thing. You seem to want to have a debate about him. I'm game if that's accurate.

No, I’m good, thx for asking.

2 hours ago, JKClark said:

I agree...he's not a franchise super star, but i don't think most of the folks believe he is.  For the most part,  I think the consensus has it right.  Jason Campbell and Stan White both had similar evaluations after their second year.  I hope Bo ends up following a similar path.  

You haven't been on this board too long if you don't think most folks.....well actually maybe now that may be accurate but last year and year before absolutely most did and they wouldn't let you say otherwise.

But like I said even in this thread you can see glimpse of it. All we have to do is let him earn all of the praise people have been throwing on him and it will be better for everybody him, the fan base, the school, etc.

I think he can get better and become a leader as well

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

You haven't been on this board too long if you don't think most folks.....well actually maybe now that may be accurate but last year and year before absolutely most did and they wouldn't let you say otherwise.

But like I said even in this thread you can see glimpse of it. All we have to do is let him earn all of the praise people have been throwing on him and it will be better for everybody him, the fan base, the school, etc.

The hard truth is better is so subjective. I do NOT believe he will live up to that five star rating (I hope to be proven wrong.) But this does not mean, he won't get better or be efficient. Bo was hyped to be a transcending talent (That means despite his line, he would make magic happen). It has been that way yet, but that doesn't mean he won't be a quality SEC QB. 

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

Except he did with a 60% season against an all-SEC schedule so that's cool 

I'm honestly amazed he was as high as he was (59.9% for anyone wondering). That midseason stretch was pretty decent for him

Just now, DAG said:

The hard truth is better is so subjective. I do NOT believe he will live up to that five star rating (I hope to be proven wrong.) But this does not mean, he won't get better or be efficient. Bo was hyped to be a transcending talent (That means despite his line, he would make magic happen). It has been that way yet, but that doesn't mean he won't be a quality SEC QB. 

I feel like this year if some how something magical happens he could get all the momentum going and he can rocket back up. It would take him basically turning into Justin fields (who ironically some on here were saying Bo was better and they'd much rather have him than fields) and being as efficient as he was......but who knows?

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

I just don't see where in this thread that anyone is trying to hype up Bo Nix. I think Bo was hyped up too much coming in. Largely thanks to his 5* rating and being a legacy, but IMO its pretty much known now what he is. And i don't see anyone on this board talking about him being a superstar or savior of Auburn any longer. Maybe i'm not seeing it through your eyes though so if you can quote the posts that are hyping him up pls do cause i'd like to see where you are coming from. 

I feel like this year if some how something magical happens he could get all the momentum going and he can rocket back up.

We're all hoping so.

It's like I think you and I have both said about Jeremy Johnson. What happens if that long TD pass to Jason Smith* against Louisville doesn't get called back? What happens if he gets just one game that goes really well and builds his confidence, his trust in the system, his coach's trust in him, and the players' trust in each other? There's no reason that can't happen with Bo. He hasn't had that game yet. He's had some emotional wins, but he's never had a game where everyone was like, "Damn, that dude might be an NFL QB." If he gets just one really great game where he sees that he's getting good coaching, that he's got several guys he can count on to get open and catch the ball, where his teammates trust that if they get block for him and get open that he will spread the ball around and we'll produce... could make all the difference. 

Uncle Mo is for real for real. 

*And what does it mean for Jason Smith's career if that pass doesn't get called back?

19 hours ago, AUCE05 said:

18 hours ago, keesler said:

Pat's had 100% access and control of Bo's coaching/training/development for 21 yrs of Bo's life.  :gofig:

Guy his a HS coach.  Maybe if he was an elite QB coach or OC he'd still be at a college making 750k+ vs being a small town HS coach.

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

A ton of QBs aren't ready to play immediately has a TrFr.  Even 5* kids  Bo was one of them.  He lost a critical Spring last year & we all know Gus can't develop a QB for s***.'

I don't think he's going to win the Heisman, but the hate for Bo is pretty incredible on this board.  He's no where near as awful as ppl here make him out to be

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

the hate for Bo is pretty incredible on this board

bull****.

Nobody hates the guy. You sound like one of the Gus pumpers. It's not "hate" to point out the guy has flaws in his game any more than it's "hate" to say that Gus was no longer very good at running an offense.

Damn, why do y'all have to make it so emotional. 

I feel like this year if some how something magical happens he could get all the momentum going and he can rocket back up. It would take him basically turning into Justin fields (who ironically some on here were saying Bo was better and they'd much rather have him than fields) and being as efficient as he was......but who knows?

I will preface this by saying I am a huge Nix fan so I do have those shades on.  I do think this new system could help Nix unlock his full potential with Bobo helping develop.  I have hope he will exceed expectations.  I would say that for any player though, as I want everyone to succeed and defy expectations.

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

I think some people are saying that is from what they remembered from Stidham.  In comparing the two in their body language on the sideline when we were losing I remember Stidham could be seen smiling and laughing compared to Nix who was all kinds of mad that he did not perform better.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

bull****.

Nobody hates the guy. You sound like one of the Gus pumpers. It's not "hate" to point out the guy has flaws in his game any more than it's "hate" to say that Gus was no longer very good at running an offense.

Damn, why do y'all have to make it so emotional. 

You're taking hate literally.  Hate is also slang for negative comments, attacks, etc.  Yes, no one literally hates him.  They "hate on him"

No one is emotional here.  I don't like Gus.  He was an awful coach.  Bo hasn't been good, I agree with that.  But put it into context a little bit.  People claiming he can't improve, can't get batter, any instance of him doing what a QB should do is discarded b/c bull**** x/y/z reason b/c their mind is set.  Gus is awful for QBs.  Bo has talent, he showed pocket awareness Saturday and stepped up in the pocket a few times.  Lets let a real QB coach (two of them) give him the coaching he actually needs.  He's going to be a better QB and put in a better position to succeed vs last two years

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

People claiming he can't improve, can't get batter, any instance of him doing what a QB should do is discarded b/c bull**** x/y/z reason b/c their mind is set.

Curious to see those quotes.

Archived