Bryan Harsin take on Bo Nix

aubiefifty

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

You're taking hate literally.  Hate is also slang for negative comments, attacks, etc.  Yes, no one literally hates him.  They "hate on him"

No one is emotional here.  I don't like Gus.  He was an awful coach.  Bo hasn't been good, I agree with that.  But put it into context a little bit.  People claiming he can't improve, can't get batter, any instance of him doing what a QB should do is discarded b/c bull**** x/y/z reason b/c their mind is set.  Gus is awful for QBs.  Bo has talent, he showed pocket awareness Saturday and stepped up in the pocket a few times.  Lets let a real QB coach (two of them) give him the coaching he actually needs.  He's going to be a better QB and put in a better position to succeed vs last two years

People say they don’t feel like he will improve and people hating is incredibly two different realms of description. You are clearly  catastrophic personal opinion.  Hate is saying “someone sucks with clear evidence that is not the case.” That is hating. Get up on your slang. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, McLoofus said:

Curious to see those quotes.

They are in this thread or the ADay observations or his throwing clips thread

Some claiming he's 21 and can't improve anymore.  "He is what he is"  That's damn laughable  

"I have watched Bo since his Pinson days.  Same mistakes.  Bo was a mid-50's % completion QB then.  No reason to expect him to improve on that vs SEC talent.  "  Considering he completed 60% last year vs all sec teams.

Saturday he stood in the pocket, stepped up a few times. Well that doesn't count b/c it's A-Day, he isn't going to get touched.  He's not going to do it in a game.

About half the board seems to be concrete that Bo can't be and will never be a good QB.  I believe that is a bit short sighted judging him off a TrFr season, a covid season, and being in Gus' completely awful offense.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

People say they don’t feel like he will improve and people hating is incredibly two different realms of description. You are clearly  catastrophic personal opinion.  Hate is saying “someone sucks with clear evidence that is not the case.” That is hating. Get up on your slang. 

Saying he's never going to improve, he's exactly like he was in HS, doesn't matter what he did in A-Day he's still the same is still hating on him.  Those are unfounded conclusions & predetermining his fate.

Bo has talent, Gus didn't do anything with it.  He still need to improve his downfield passing > 15 yards.  I'm pretty pessimistic in general, but not sure I see that with Bo.

20 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

the hate for Bo is pretty incredible on this board. 

Come on man........hate for Bo on this board. Hate is an awfully strong word to use

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Come on man........hate for Bo on this board. Hate is an awfully strong word to use

Christ, c'mon people.

6 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

They are in this thread or the ADay observations or his throwing clips thread

Some claiming he's 21 and can't improve anymore.  "He is what he is"  That's damn laughable  

"I have watched Bo since his Pinson days.  Same mistakes.  Bo was a mid-50's % completion QB then.  No reason to expect him to improve on that vs SEC talent.  "  Considering he completed 60% last year vs all sec teams.

Saturday he stood in the pocket, stepped up a few times. Well that doesn't count b/c it's A-Day, he isn't going to get touched.  He's not going to do it in a game.

About half the board seems to be concrete that Bo can't be and will never be a good QB.  I believe that is a bit short sighted judging him off a TrFr season, a covid season, and being in Gus' completely awful offense.

The only legitimate beef you have in all of that is somebody being off by 5% on their stats.

You're being overly sensitive about it. Severely so. Off brand for you. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

Saying he's never going to improve, he's exactly like he was in HS, doesn't matter what he did in A-Day he's still the same is still hating on him.  Those are unfounded conclusions & predetermining his fate.

Bo has talent, Gus didn't do anything with it.  He still need to improve his downfield passing > 15 yards.  I'm pretty pessimistic in general, but not sure I see that with Bo.

He has improved marginally. Just because he stepped up a few times in A day, does not mean he will be better in the regular season. How is that hate? There is no concluding evidence based on his past performance to say otherwise. You've mentioned he completed 60% passing against all SEC teams last year, yet every statistical has him at 59.5 % rate for the whole year. Therefore, you have to round up to make your point. He is highly inconsistent when it comes to passing against SEC teams. So, people actually have a sensible right to be cautious. 

5 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The only legitimate beef you have in all of that is somebody being off by 5% on their stats.

You're being overly sensitive about it. Severely so. Off brand for you. 

I believe 50% vs 60% is 10 off.  No one is overly sensitive.  I'm just point it out.

Going to the "U mad" defense early

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Just because he stepped up a few times in A day, does not mean he will be better in the regular season.

So that's exactly what I'm saying.  Whatever he did doesn't matter b/c I don't want to believe it

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

You've mentioned he completed 60% passing against all SEC teams last year, yet every statistical has him at 59.5 % rate for the whole year. Therefore, you have to round up to make your point

And another irrational point.  OMG YOU ROUNDED UP 0.5%  

and his actual stat line is 59.9% for the season

Just now, W.E.D said:

So that's exactly what I'm saying.  Whatever he did doesn't matter b/c I don't want to believe it

No your point was people were hating for saying that. That is not hate. A-Day is a glorified scrimmage. So him making strives in that scenario, where the environment is very much controlled and actually should benefit you won't tell you as much. We need to see it CONSISTENTLY in the game.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

And another irrational point.  OMG YOU ROUNDED UP 0.5%  

Haha how is that irrational? So irrational I am using actually facts against  built up emotions like you. You said he he hits 60% against all SEC teams, right? That is actually false. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

He is highly inconsistent when it comes to passing against SEC teams. So, people actually have a sensible right to be cautious. 

We're way past cautious.  People are rock solid past performance is indicative of future performance.  Cautious isn't saying "He is what he is"  "He's exactly what he was in Pinson" etc.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

No your point was people were hating for saying that. That is not hate. A-Day is a glorified scrimmage. So him making strives in that scenario, where the environment is very much controlled and actually should benefit you won't tell you as much. We need to see it CONSISTENTLY in the game.

You're definitely hating on him.  What he did isn't real b/c you don't want it to be.  it's irrational thought process.

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I believe 50% vs 60% is 10 off.  No one is overly sensitive.  I'm just point it out.

Going to the "U mad" defense early

He said mid-50s. 

Going to the whoops, I didn't read the thing I quoted because I'm emotional and sensitive about this defense a little late.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Haha how is that irrational? So irrational I am using actually facts against  built up emotions like you. You said he he hits 60% against all SEC teams, right? That is actually false. 

Trying to claim I'm wrong b/c of a 0.5% rounding and taking the side of someone claiming he's a 50% passer, always has been, is a bit ridiculous.  Yes, you're hating b/c he's not a 60% passer, just 59.5%

Just now, W.E.D said:

We're way past cautious.  People are rock solid past performance is indicative of future performance.  Cautious isn't saying "He is what he is"  "He's exactly what he was in Pinson" etc.

And until he proves otherwise, It is going to be that way. That is not hate? You get that right, if people are using past data to formulate an opinion?

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

He said mid-50s. 

Going to the whoops, I didn't read the thing I quoted because I'm emotional and sensitive about this defense a little late.

That's still wrong, hth

Just now, W.E.D said:

Trying to claim I'm wrong b/c of a 0.5% rounding and taking the side of someone claiming he's a 50% passer, always has been, is a bit ridiculous.  Yes, you're hating b/c he's not a 60% passer, just 59.5%

So did you or did you not say he is hitting 60% against ALL sec teams? I want to make sure this is correct.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He definitely doesn't. Emotion can do that. 

This guy just walked himself into this badly lol

Archived