A Difference of Perspective

CoffeeTiger

20 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

4da1a4ocp4t61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Interesting how 2 cultures can be so very different...yet so very similar. 

Defense vs. Offense.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Trakem said:

Defense vs. Offense.

Eh, both groups hate each other, both feel completely justified in their hatred, and both are brainwashed by a combination of blind nationalism and a militant interpretation of their respective Religious beliefs. 

and as an aside, I didn't know it when i posted the picture originally, but apparently the Family in the top picture is the Oklahoma Republican Party Chairman John Bennette. Who likes to rage against the evils of Islam and said that Hillary Clinton should be executed for being a traitor....so a swell guy overall. 

• Like 2

I don't know anything about either group. So who is the group in the bottom picture? They may just be "peaceful protesters".

Is the purpose of the picture to see if our gut reaction is that the top picture is ok and the bottom picture is not okay? Would that, therefore make people who think that racist? I suppose not since you cannot tell the race of the people in the bottom picture.

How do we know that both groups hate each other? I am not astute enough to learn so much from the photograph.

• Facepalm 1

On 4/15/2021 at 11:51 AM, Trakem said:

Defense vs. Offense.

Most folks I know who favor arming to the teeth as part of their identity are more fearful of their fellow Americans.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Grumps said:

I don't know anything about either group. So who is the group in the bottom picture? They may just be "peaceful protesters".

Is the purpose of the picture to see if our gut reaction is that the top picture is ok and the bottom picture is not okay? Would that, therefore make people who think that racist? I suppose not since you cannot tell the race of the people in the bottom picture.

How do we know that both groups hate each other? I am not astute enough to learn so much from the photograph.

Well, the guy in the top picture is John Bennette https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_R._Bennett who is on record that he hates Muslims and would absolutely hate the people in the bottom picture. It's very likely his wife agrees with his views and it's also just as likely he's spreading his hate on to his children. 

You can make whatever inference you want on the photo.....I just find the similarities to be amusing.  

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The "Muslims" would probably not really care about much of America if we werent dropping like 26K bombs a year on them for things like weddings etc. 

Anyone who thought, or still thinks getting involved in wars in the ME was a good idea is just crazy. Mueller et al gave us bad intel and lied us into a war we should never have started in Iraq. Afghanistan, a little better question there. But no war is worth American Lives for the last 20 years. Biden is not going to get us out of there. He is as big a chickenhawk as you can find in history. He is eyeball deep in with the MIC. Hunter is probably about to get a new job with Raytheon or one of its subsidiaries. Cheney was a tool for Halliburton as well. Thats how this works. 

We bomb some brownskinned people forever. Raytheon et al make all kinds of money, and pass that right along to the pols in one form or another. They hire them as lobbyists later on or hire their family members etc. But we still keep bombing third world nations. I bet if you looked hard, Raytheon etc was selling or giving the Third World nation Arms just so we would have a pretext to bomb them...

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 4/15/2021 at 11:51 AM, Trakem said:

Defense vs. Offense.

13 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Heads and tails on the same coin.

They are on offense because the UN, Europe, and the US have been bombing their people for 72 years more or less. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/4/2021 at 4:58 AM, DKW 86 said:

The "Muslims" would probably not really care about much of America if we werent dropping like 26K bombs a year on them for things like weddings etc. 

Anyone who thought, or still thinks getting involved in wars in the ME was a good idea is just crazy. Mueller et al gave us bad intel and lied us into a war we should never have started in Iraq. Afghanistan, a little better question there. But no war is worth American Lives for the last 20 years. Biden is not going to get us out of there. He is as big a chickenhawk as you can find in history. He is eyeball deep in with the MIC. Hunter is probably about to get a new job with Raytheon or one of its subsidiaries. Cheney was a tool for Halliburton as well. Thats how this works. 

We bomb some brownskinned people forever. Raytheon et al make all kinds of money, and pass that right along to the pols in one form or another. They hire them as lobbyists later on or hire their family members etc. But we still keep bombing third world nations. I bet if you looked hard, Raytheon etc was selling or giving the Third World nation Arms just so we would have a pretext to bomb them...

I stand HAPPILY Corrected.

All this flies in the face of what my friends on the arsenal are talking about. I am told ad nauseum that the arsenal is busier than ever and looks like we are abot to be going to war again. Was told this by 6-8 different people that do business in varying fields on the Arsenal.

On 8/17/2021 at 9:23 AM, CoffeeTiger said:

The Rise of the Taliban 2.0 is giving this topic more spicy comparisons.

jqhr6qzlhsh71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

dbt6pt9gdrh71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

p9pa5a5uulh71.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Boy, you are obsessed.

23 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Boy, you are obsessed.

Obsessed with what? 

It's just funny how much  ultra-Conservatives in America and the middle east all act so similar, while at the same time hating the other. 

American Conservatives would actually approve of quite a few of the Taliban's rules and beliefs. 

The Taliban will ensure Abortions are outlawed.

They'll make sure women are taught purity and to wait for (forced) marriage before opening her legs to allowing a man to defile her.  

Religion is considered the most important aspect of daily life and is the primary reference in regards to laws and how Government should operate. 

Foreign influences and mixing of other cultures and religions wont be allowed. 

A "Well armed militia" patrols the streets making sure troublemakers and undesirables are kept in line

They sure as heck wont allow "liberal or progressive" influences to corrupt the minds of people in their schools and Universities.

Public schools will all essentially be religious schools, where you don't have to worry about anyone taking 'God' out of it..In fact having religion in school will be mandatory for everyone. 

With the obvious caveat of replacing Islam with Christianity, A lot of Conservatives in the U.S. would approve strongly of these measures. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CoffeeTiger said:

The Taliban will ensure Abortions are outlawed.

And enforce mask mandates and vaccination.

They'll make sure women are taught purity and to wait for (forced) marriage before opening her legs to allowing a man to defile her.  

Along with mask mandates and vaccination.

Foreign influences and mixing of other cultures and religions wont be allowed.

Like if  you're a Japanese baseball player that needs an interpreter.

https://www.businessinsider.in/sports/news/espns-stephen-a-smith-says-it-is-not-good-for-baseball-that-japanese-sensation-shohei-ohtani-doesnt-speak-english-with-the-media/articleshow/84363029.cms

Or thinking of heading to Miami..

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31196207/tampa-bay-buccaneers-cb-carlton-davis-apologizes-using-anti-asian-slur-tweet

Or, want an interview with the Mayor of Chicago

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/chicago-politics/lightfoot-says-she-will-only-give-1-on-1-interviews-to-journalists-of-color/2514015/

Or white and chosen to support your country

https://www.newsweek.com/jalen-rose-calls-kevin-love-white-token-us-olympic-basketball-team-1604537

Or Hispanic and a police officer

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/video-woman-goes-on-racist-rant-calls-deputy-a-murderer-during-traffic-stop-in-san-dimas/

A "Well armed militia" patrols the streets making sure troublemakers and undesirables are kept in line

Like in Chicago

https://apnews.com/article/breonna-taylor-virus-outbreak-chicago-elections-illinois-1b292427ca19f33e040ea418fd5a3c17

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2010/05/chic-m03.html

Religion is considered the most important aspect of daily life and is the primary reference in regards to laws and how Government should operate. 

There are those for sure.

They sure as heck wont allow "liberal or progressive" influences to corrupt the minds of people in their schools and Universities.

And substitute science with propaganda and rhetoric

https://kutv.com/news/local/lehi-teacher-caught-on-video-making-controversial-statements-in-class-has-been-fired

I think you over-corrected man... come join those of us in the middle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 8/17/2021 at 9:46 AM, homersapien said:

Our trucks are bigger. ;D

dsc-0669.JPG

C'mon Homie. You know in certain states trucks win over political party. Plus a true lib as yourself should know its all about the Prius, The Fit, or a Subaru with freaking 50 plus bumper stickers on the back.

Conservative large flags........ Liberals wall of bumper stickers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasAtxAub said:

dsc-0669.JPG

C'mon Homie. You know in certain states trucks win over political party. Plus a true lib as yourself should know its all about the Prius, The Fit, or a Subaru with freaking 50 plus bumper stickers on the back.

(BTW, I have a 2005 (AP2), S2000 "garage queen" that's super fun with all the twisties around me. 

In fact, I bought it as a replacement for the sport bike I sold a couple of years ago. ;))

12 hours ago, TexasAtxAub said:

Must be why i have neither…😎

On 4/14/2021 at 4:07 PM, CoffeeTiger said:

4da1a4ocp4t61.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Interesting how 2 cultures can be so very different...yet so very similar. 

I would go out on a limb and say that the group in the top photo won’t cut your head off, while the group on bottom will most certainly do it.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, homersapien said:

(BTW, I have a 2005 (AP2), S2000 "garage queen" that's super fun with all the twisties around me. 

If you’re ever of a mind to sell it, I’m your huckleberry. I’ve got a 2013 civic si with a k24z7. Six speed manual and I’ve put 245k miles on it. I love to drive it as much today as I did the day I drove it off of the lot. I’ve looked for a good S2000 to buy but they’re super hard to come by. 

3 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

If you’re ever of a mind to sell it, I’m your huckleberry. I’ve got a 2013 civic si with a k24z7. Six speed manual and I’ve put 245k miles on it. I love to drive it as much today as I did the day I drove it off of the lot. I’ve looked for a good S2000 to buy but they’re super hard to come by. 

My wife has really been nagging me to sell it.  So far I've resisted. 

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

My wife has really been nagging me to sell it.  So far I've resisted. 

Seriously, if you decide to, I’m really interested.