Desi Sills Committed to AU...transfers to Arky St.

toddc

10 minutes ago, mcgufcm said:

We now have room for both Scoot and Thor.

I sure as heckfire hope this means we feel comfortable that Scoot is reclassifying and coming to Auburn, because much as I was plenty okay with having 5 guards, I don't want to be down to only 3! (Though I suppose Bruce will find another guard one way or the other...I just don't want to get in the same position we were in last year!

22 hours ago, Rednilla said:

I sure as heckfire hope this means we feel comfortable that Scoot is reclassifying and coming to Auburn, because much as I was plenty okay with having 5 guards, I don't want to be down to only 3! (Though I suppose Bruce will find another guard one way or the other...I just don't want to get in the same position we were in last year!

I am pretty sure they are not sitting on 3 now that Alexander has dropped out.

JLee as mentioned that they have turned their effort towards transfer guard Akinjo from Arizona. I am sure they have others too that is on their radar. 

I mean, there are a ton of unaccounted for Guards in the portal right now. De'Vion Harmon from OU and Devante Jones from Coastal would be toward the top of my wish list if we're going that route. But the first and best answer is for Scoot to reclassify and join this team.

I would add that Bryce Thompson and Adam Miller were higher rated prospects coming out of HS a year ago. Both are in the portal. Both will have four years of eligibility if that matters. Neither played well last year, but maybe you take a flyer on your prior evaluation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• Like 1

• toddc changed the title to Desi Sills Committed/Signed With Auburn

OP updated 

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Is he wavering?

Sounds like it.  Referring to Hoke's series of tweets last night that Sills may be leaving, and its not necessarily playing time related.

1 minute ago, AUDevil said:

Sounds like it.  Referring to Hoke's series of tweets last night that Sills may be leaving, and its not necessarily playing time related.

Yes

Even if he is gone that still leaves a regular ten man rotation with Cambridge playing the 2 and Moore at the 3 behind Flan and Stretch giving some mins when needed at the 5 as the 11th. Plus the walk on PG for emergencies at the 1. 

Edited by johnjacob

37 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Transfer credit related it looks like

• Like 1

Expecting AU to go back to the portal again here. Need a 4th guard unless Bruce thinks Cambridge can fit that role. 

I will say Devan showed some really good flashes on driving the paint and finishing or dishing to an open man this past season. I wonder if Pearl will just stick with his guns and go get best available in portal. 

48 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Expecting AU to go back to the portal again here. Need a 4th guard unless Bruce thinks Cambridge can fit that role. 

I will say Devan showed some really good flashes on driving the paint and finishing or dishing to an open man this past season. I wonder if Pearl will just stick with his guns and go get best available in portal. 

I'd rather look for another good transfer here.

I want Devan to stay at the 3.

I think he can get to the basket easier, if he wants to closer in. But I don't think he is a good a ball handler out on the perimeter guarded by other perimeter guards, who defend the ball better...

• Like 1

Damn we lost Trey over this guy and now he won’t even be able to play?? That sucks. But I imagine there are plenty more players out there to get.

7 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Damn we lost Trey over this guy and now he won’t even be able to play?? That sucks. But I imagine there are plenty more players out there to get.

We lost trey because of the people around him didn't want him going to AU to begin with and they finally got their way. 

2 hours ago, gravejd said:

Not an ideal situation huh lol 

We’ve had the goofiest transfers in one offseason 

kid leaves because his dad is delusional and listens to demons like Calipari

kid leaves Bc of Desi

Desi has no option bc...his major isn’t offered

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Reddit said the kid’s major isn’t offered at Auburn....we aren’t UPenn or anything, but what the hell was he doing at Arkansas that isn’t offered here???

88E35384-A63B-4844-8E92-5A0CF18FC313.jpeg

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

88E35384-A63B-4844-8E92-5A0CF18FC313.jpeg

I hope it’s wrong, I don’t think some of the people who are connected to this story would ALL be wrong, and it might just be easier for him to completely dismiss the story. Like their sources could be overdoing the story, and there’s pieces that are wrong, but not all of it. Either way, I hope the transfer part is wrong, that’s all that matters to me!

36 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I hope it’s wrong, I don’t think some of the people who are connected to this story would ALL be wrong, and it might just be easier for him to completely dismiss the story. Like their sources could be overdoing the story, and there’s pieces that are wrong, but not all of it. Either way, I hope the transfer part is wrong, that’s all that matters to me!

Look for Sills’ comments in the thread in the picture I posted.  That’s what I meant.