Desi Sills Committed to AU...transfers to Arky St.

toddc

Well IF we end up losing Sills, why can't we have a freaking shooting guard?!

24 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Well IF we end up losing Sills, why can't we have a freaking shooting guard?!

Why can't we have 2 deep at every position? The SG position is what keeps effing up for us. KD is our starter there. Desi was going to come off the bench but still we can't have depth for ish at SG. Something is always coming up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Why can't we have 2 deep at every position? The SG position is what keeps effing up for us. KD is our starter there. Desi was going to come off the bench but still we can't have depth for ish at SG. Something is always coming up.

Agreed, I just want an off the bench assassin right there. Give me what I want dammit.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

BP really killed it in the portal. If a conflict over college major ruins this... so help me god, I’m switching to the hard stuff lol

Edited by Maverick.AU
  • Haha 1

So.....he may still come......but it sounds like a situation with a few credits not transferring, and/or the majors not lining up, which can happen to ANY student. But come on. It's Arky to Auburn. Within the same conference. I know Auburn has a little higher standard than most, but it's not Vandy. As a student, I'd be bummed out if some of my earned credits weren't accepted by the new school. It's a head scratcher for the academic side to NOT accept credits from a fellow school on the same level.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Look for Sills’ comments in the thread in the picture I posted.  That’s what I meant. 

Yeah that was very evident lol, there’s a lot of things that could be not true in that picture. All of it could be true and he’s running media for himself. None of it could be. Who knows 

15 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

So.....he may still come......but it sounds like a situation with a few credits not transferring, and/or the majors not lining up, which can happen to ANY student. But come on. It's Arky to Auburn. Within the same conference. I know Auburn has a little higher standard than most, but it's not Vandy. As a student, I'd be bummed out if some of my earned credits weren't accepted by the new school. It's a head scratcher for the academic side to NOT accept credits from a fellow school on the same level.

I think what I am reading, is that Sill's major is not one Auburn has or maybe has one quite not like the major at Ark, and therefore some of his credits don't fit the major he would have to change to at Auburn.

They are saying he can lose some credits but still be fine coming to Auburn, but it puts him behind getting his degree, and he has to decide if he wants to do that or not....

• Like 1

22 hours ago, slyinsocal said:

But come on. It's Arky to Auburn. Within the same conference. I know Auburn has a little higher standard than most, but it's not Vandy. 

It's not just a matter of accepting the level of the course, it's whether or not Auburn has a course that lines up with it to make the transfer plausible. For example, I took Graph Theory at Auburn, and when I transferred back to AUM to finish up, it didn't transfer. Of course, my advisor said it's more a postgraduate course, in the first place, but I was only able to use that credit as a math elective, not as one of the core math courses like I would have at main campus. I suspect it's something along those lines that is not allowing his courses to transfer too well. I would think this would do nothing but set him back a little in pursuit of a new major that is as close to his old course of study as possible. Maybe that's what's going on with the situation changing. :gofig:

• Sad 1

On 5/28/2021 at 6:28 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Why can't we have 2 deep at every position?

LOL, you know, if I'd seen this 8 years ago, I would have thought you were crazy. The fact that we may well have two full lineups of players that could, with a couple of decent bench players added in, win 17-18 games in the SEC. Putting both lineups on the same Pearl-coached team is a recipe for pedal to the metal basketball.

• Like 1

Many schools have bull**** variations of essentially the same damn course, Auburn included 

I had my own issue with a course from a school within the state that actively makes its money on courses being able to transfer to the Aubs and UAs...it’s just unfortunate sometimes 

Cool to hear these advisors are also piss poor at handling athletes with thousands of followers and thousands in value lol  

On 5/30/2021 at 11:50 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Many schools have bull**** variations of essentially the same damn course, Auburn included 

I had my own issue with a course from a school within the state that actively makes its money on courses being able to transfer to the Aubs and UAs...it’s just unfortunate sometimes 

Cool to hear these advisors are also piss poor at handling athletes with thousands of followers and thousands in value lol  

Lol agreed

That being said, looks like they've ironed it out and he'll be good to go

38 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Lol agreed

Interesting....JGT has said he absolutely does NOT think that Sills will be at Auburn

33 minutes ago, fredst said:

Interesting....JGT has said he absolutely does NOT think that Sills will be at Auburn

JGT vs Zeek... Cast your votes now! 🤓

22 minutes ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

JGT vs Zeek... Cast your votes now! 🤓

I'll pin him in like 15 seconds flat...

Haha to be fair this just changed towards him being able to come but I'd bet it sticks.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, Zeek said:

Lol agreed

Idk if they went about it the way I proposed, but it really was a pretty easy solution, just all about how rigid your academic heads are. 

Basketball be damned, I feel like if you did your time, got your courses, and there’s a way to make it work, make it work. It would actually make me proud of Auburn if this ends up being solved 

Forgot about b-ball transfers! Sills is hopefully getting his stuff in order to play for AU this season.

Edited by toddc
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

The Desi pendulum has swung back to "he's not able to come" again. Nathan King seems confident this was the last attempt.

• Sad 1

So am I to get this right, for Desi the "student" is more important that the "athlete?"    If this is the case, I am highly impressed and wish him nothing but the best of luck at his next school (with his major)

• Like 2