Softball vs Ole Miss Series

Where’s Emily??  She’s not at this game as well as the last game. Dean has called her out several times this season. How unprofessional for a head coach. 

5 minutes ago, swimmama said:

Where’s Emily??  She’s not at this game as well as the last game. Dean has called her out several times this season. How unprofessional for a head coach. 

Called her out for what?

He was very angry with her one game for sending a runner. He should speak to her in dugout not in front of fans and our players. He did this last year several times. 

I would guess about 25% of the pitches Shelby has thrown that were called balls were strikes.  This umpire's zone is horrible.  Shelby pitches her heart out and gets 0 support.  That's a tough one to lose.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, saminbama said:

I would guess about 25% of the pitches Shelby has thrown that were called balls were strikes.  This umpire's zone is horrible.  Shelby pitches her heart out and gets 0 support.  That's a tough one to lose.

As an umpire .... balls and strikes cannot be argued... not the umpires fault we CANNOT score!!! 

Edited by AU1947
  • Like 1

Did we ever have any scoring opportunities tonight??? Also a ????, I thought when you went in extra innings in softball, you started a runner on second, am I wrong??? or what is the rule????

1 minute ago, tigerman1186 said:

Did we ever have any scoring opportunities tonight??? Also a ????, I thought when you went in extra innings in softball, you started a runner on second, am I wrong??? or what is the rule????

No that is international tie breaker rules...

29 minutes ago, AU1947 said:

As an umpire .... balls and strikes cannot be argued... not the umpires fault we CANNOT score!!! 

As an umpire I call it like I see them.  She had to throw more pitches than she need to because of his horrible zone.

• Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, saminbama said:

As an umpire I call it like I see them.  She had to throw more pitches than she need to because of his horrible zone.

That’s too easy an excuse. We’ve seen 3 different umpires in the last 3 games and have scored 1 run total. 

we had runners on 2nd 3 different times at least with less than 2 outs and couldn’t score. All 3 times we got that runner to 3rd w 2 outs and couldn’t manufacture a run.

we are just not hitting well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

That’s too easy an excuse.

No excuse.  I've already stated she got no support, but she may have been able to go a couple of innings more if her pitch count wasn't unnecessarily high.  Our hitting has been non-existent the entire year.  There's nothing new about that.

1 hour ago, saminbama said:

1 hour ago, saminbama said:

The fans always look for someone to blame and maybe the finger needs to be pointed to our own dugout....

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, saminbama said:

No excuse.  I've already stated she got no support, but she may have been able to go a couple of innings more if her pitch count wasn't unnecessarily high.  Our hitting has been non-existent the entire year.  There's nothing new about that.

Well I seem to remember the Florida game last year where Yarborough threw 180+ pitches not counting warm ups according to the starts and game recap... Lowe only threw 107+... big girl ball here and Florida is MUCH better than Ole Miss

Edited by AU1947

The problem is not the umps or how many pitches were thrown. The problem is our lack of quality hitting. Our approaches are awful and nothing is fixed. Coaching has known this has been a problem for years yet hasn’t fixed it. Time to make a change somewhere.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, swimmama said:

Emily is currently with the Italian National team. They are touring Florida in prep for the Olympics. I think she will be in Spain with them prepping in May. 

Graduate assistant Krista Clyde Harrell is coaching first. She is an AU softball alum and married to KT Harrell. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

we are just not hitting well. 

Master of the understatement! One run in three games is pretty much as bad as the hitting can get. Upperclassmen are hitting worse this year than last. It's discouraging.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU1947 said:

No that is international tie breaker rules...

I have seen that used in nonconference games, but it is not used in conference play.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I have seen that used in nonconference games, but it is not used in conference play.

Usually in tourneys to keep schedule on track 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tigers23 said:

Shelby will probably get plenty of support next year pitching somewhere else 

I don’t think Shelby will be leaving. Just a gut feel. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gulftiger66 said:

I don’t think Shelby will be leaving. Just a gut feel. 

I agree.  She's a legacy.  Her dad is a veterinarian.