2022 3* TE Micah Riley-Ducker Signs With Auburn!!

Paladin

\

Offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Tennessee, Wisconsin, Miami, Missouri, Ole Miss and others

Edited by Paladin
  • Like 1

Dude is a straight up alpha! And big!  I like this guy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Got some kellen Winslow in him. The football stuff only I mean .

I didn't know if I should like, laugh, or cry at your post, so...

kids-falling-over-cat.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, bigbird said:

I didn't know if I should like, laugh, or cry at your post, so...

kids-falling-over-cat.gif

Haha, very well done.  A gif for all 3. Lol

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

4-star tight end has 'amazing' visit to Auburn, decision soon

Jeffrey Lee • AuburnSports

Senior Editor

Micah Riley-Ducker visited Auburn before the dead period was lifted in June, but it didn’t compare to an official visit this past weekend.

“The official visit was so much better than my first visit,” Riley-Ducker said. “I loved it. It was amazing.”

Riley Ducker, a four-star tight end from West in Bellevue, Neb., was able to meet with coaches, speak with players and get a better overall feel of the environment at Auburn.

“It was a great experience,” Riley-Ducker said. “I didn’t expect it to be that great, but I loved it. I really liked talking to the players. I really got their input on the program and where they think it’s going.”

Riley-Ducker liked what he heard.

“They said the playbook is a lot different than the playbook they had under the previous staff,” Riley-Ducker said. “They said they like it a lot better with the new staff. They also said the coaches really care about the players.”

Riley-Ducker also met with tight ends coach Brad Bedell.

“I looked over the plays with Coach Bedell,” Riley-Ducker said. “He showed me their base concepts. It’s a lot like ours, but their terminology is different. It wouldn’t be a difficult transition for me.”

Riley-Ducker left the visit on Sunday with Auburn among his top group of schools.

“They are in my final four,” Riley-Ducker said. “It’s between Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois and Auburn.”

Riley-Ducker visited Iowa State June 4-6. His next visit will be Thursday to Illinois and a final visit with Iowa June 25-27.

A commitment will come soon after.

“I’ll be ready to make my decision on July 7,” he said. “I’m looking at where I can play early and where I fit the best. I feel like I don’t have a bad option at this point. It’s just finding where I’m comfortable and where I can be the best I can be.”

Rivals ranks Riley-Ducker, who is 6-foot-6 and 235 pounds, the No. 15 tight end in the 2022 class and No. 3 overall recruit in Nebraska.

• Like 1

Iowa puts TEs in the league and Iowa State is a hot program right now.  Probably some decent competition.  I hope we can pull him

• Like 2

• Paladin changed the title to 2022 3* TE Micah Riley-Ducker
1 hour ago, Paladin said:

“It’s between Iowa, Iowa State, Illinois and Auburn.”

1 hour ago, Paladin said:

“I’m looking at where I can play early and where I fit the best.

Those other schools probably have a lot more history of success at this position but man if we can hit it out of the park on the above two, this would be great.

• Like 1

I think he looks like a great individual talent. I like his grit. I am curious though about the competition he was facing based on the highlight tape.

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Iowa puts TEs in the league and Iowa State is a hot program right now.  Probably some decent competition.  I hope we can pull him

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Those other schools probably have a lot more history of success at this position but man if we can hit it out of the park on the above two, this would be great.

Would also seem we're the only school that is more than a day's drive from home.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think he looks like a great individual talent. I like his grit. I am curious though about the competition he was facing based on the highlight tape.

Bellevue is a suburb of Omaha decent competition not great. Really only Omaha and Lincoln are the only cities in Neb. that have decent high school football. I lived in Bellevue for a couple of years

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

21 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Would also seem we're the only school that is more than a day's drive from home.

One thing that might be helping us, Boise did just have a TE drafted in the mid rounds.  4th, I think.  Could be a good chip to play

• Like 1

If he's looking to play early, would Auburn really be a good landing spot for him with all the talent we have at the position already? Only reason I could see him legitimately wanting to come here is if he wants to play for a national championship, because the other three teams aren't going to get there.

19 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

If he's looking to play early, would Auburn really be a good landing spot for him with all the talent we have at the position already? Only reason I could see him legitimately wanting to come here is if he wants to play for a national championship, because the other three teams aren't going to get there.

A couple things working in our favor. One, we're going to run a lot of two tight end sets. Two, as many tight ends as we have, one of them is a senior and three of them are sophomores. Still doesn't spell tons of early reps but it does point to a 1B situation at worst in year three. Not bad for a 3* guy. I don't know if very many tight ends plan on doing much better than that. But I have no idea what the depth charts look like at the other schools.

You know it’s a new day in AU football when there’s a thread dedicated to the tight end position, including references to how much depth we have. 😅 Feels like the 80’s again. WDE!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

My take, based on offers and recruiting, is that we're looking for this leaner Kyle-Pitts-Like TE. Super tall but on the lighter side with enough speed to be match-up nightmares.

It's part of why JJ was moved and why I think the non-pass catchers we have will be slowly phased out for more athletic TEs. I just wish Sal and Uzomah could have played under Harsin.

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Two, as many tight ends as we have, one of them is a senior and three of them are sophomores.

Those three all have 4 years of eligibility left, as does Landen King, obviously. If King redshirts this season, then he'll still have 4 years eligibility when Riley-Ducker would get here. Now, the coaches could sell him on his being more their type of TE, because Deal doesn't seem to fit that mold, and I'm not entirely sure Fromm does, either, so he could be looking at challenging for playing time as a freshman, I suppose, but between Frazier and King, I think we're alright regarding athletic, pass catching tight ends for a while.

8 hours ago, Zeek said:

My take, based on offers and recruiting, is that we're looking for this leaner Kyle-Pitts-Like TE. Super tall but on the lighter side with enough speed to be match-up nightmares.

It's part of why JJ was moved and why I think the non-pass catchers we have will be slowly phased out for more athletic TEs. I just wish Sal and Uzomah could have played under Harsin.

Saw where Sal got an invite to a mini camp at Chicago I think. Saw him make some catches in the Spring League too.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Those three all have 4 years of eligibility left, as does Landen King, obviously. If King redshirts this season, then he'll still have 4 years eligibility when Riley-Ducker would get here. Now, the coaches could sell him on his being more their type of TE, because Deal doesn't seem to fit that mold, and I'm not entirely sure Fromm does, either, so he could be looking at challenging for playing time as a freshman, I suppose, but between Frazier and King, I think we're alright regarding athletic, pass catching tight ends for a while.

I'm curious why you don't think Fromm or Deal fit Harsin's mold?  Both are pretty much the exact same size as their Boise TE that was drafted.  If we're using 2 TE sets, Imma guess they'll be asked to block a decent amount and Deal is probably the best blocker on our team.  I'd say both have shown limited, but decent receiving skills.

If we're going with 2 TEs, wouldn't we probably have a Landon King type 6'5 220 as a hybrid TE/WR and more of an inline TE like Deal?

I'll be interested to see how Frazier develops.  he's the tallest & heaviest TE we have.  6'7" could be a great RZ target.  We'll have a ton of tall TE/WR for the RZ

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I'm curious why you don't think Fromm or Deal fit Harsin's mold?  Both are pretty much the exact same size as their Boise TE that was drafted.  If we're using 2 TE sets, Imma guess they'll be asked to block a decent amount and Deal is probably the best blocker on our team.  I'd say both have shown limited, but decent receiving skills.

If we're going with 2 TEs, wouldn't we probably have a Landon King type 6'5 220 as a hybrid TE/WR and more of an inline TE like Deal?

I'll be interested to see how Frazier develops.  he's the tallest & heaviest TE we have.  6'7" could be a great RZ target.  We'll have a ton of tall TE/WR for the RZ

I think Fromm showed in A-day he'll be a weapon. Deal is more of a blocker and will definitely get his reps but not much of a receiver.

King is supposedly putting on a lot of mass right now to be a more true TE build. 

Frazier is weird because we've heard so much praise about him for so long and his measurables are great but we haven't actually seen much.

3 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Frazier is weird because we've heard so much praise about him for so long and his measurables are great but we haven't actually seen much.

Typical Gus.  I don't recall seeing him much during A-Day

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think Fromm showed in A-day he'll be a weapon. Deal is more of a blocker and will definitely get his reps but not much of a receiver.

Definitely agree with Fromm.  I never thought he'd amount to much, but he looks like a really good TE. 

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

King is supposedly putting on a lot of mass right now to be a more true TE build. 

King definitely feels like more of the modern day hybrid TE/WR.

Shenker wasn't here this spring.  I don't think he's that special of a piece anyways.  He's a slow plodder.  Not sure how he fits in

• Like 1

Also, all the sophomores + King exercising 4 more years of eligibility at Auburn is unlikely. Attrition, NFL, a degree in hand + the realization that the NFL isn't in the cards... that room won't still be crowded with this group after 2023. Maybe not even going into 2023. Especially not in an offense running two TE sets.

Fun fact: Stanford had 6 TEs on their roster in Andrew Luck's final season. 3 of them got drafted.