Jump to content
Null

Rod and Paula's killer gets slap on wrist


gravejd
 Share

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Lock him up. Odds are the child porn is someone a couple years younger than him, but still a crime, and he seems to just be a self-destructive individual who needs loads of discipline and loads of help to get straightened out. I think prison would take care of both of those. 

This is a s*** take. 

Pics sent from and to peers shouldn't be criminalized. 

What happened to the Brambletts sucks but if this is peer to peer pics, using their death to support prosecution is naught but retribution. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





58 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Instead of inference, give the actual ages then. 

Yeah, really.  Who are you protecting by not sharing it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

He was charged with possession of videos depicting an individual under the age of 17. 

That doesn't mean it isn't a peer. A freshman and a senior in HS are still peers. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Would you be ok if he called his "peers" someone under 14? Since you seem adamant about reducing the fact that he was charged with child pornography.

My reply was specifically directed to someone claiming peer to peer should be punished. 

Moving it beyond that scope is pointless and outside the bounds of my reply. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

You asked me for an age, I provided an age for you to start and go down from there

You did not provide an age for the possible victim at hand, nor do we have the context of whether this is an actual predatory situation. I'm not going to play whataboutism. The only thing to be said is sexting between peers should not be punished by the state. 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Sure I agree with that(everyone is guilty of that in youth). Which is why it's curious why there aren't a million charged child porn cases for peer to peer "child porn". I digress. He should be severely punished for this and I'll leave it at that. 

Why can't you just say what you know?

I don't understand ppl who just make vague comments and refuse to be direct about it

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, Barnacle said:

He was charged with possession of videos depicting an individual under the age of 17. 

When were the pictures or videos taken?  That will be important, given that he is 19.  The law sees no difference, but judges and public opinion certainly does.  The age of consent in AL is 16.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Sure I agree with that(everyone is guilty of that in youth). Which is why it's curious why there aren't a million charged child porn cases for peer to peer "child porn". I digress. He should be severely punished for this and I'll leave it at that. 

There are more than most people think charged.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Sure I agree with that(everyone is guilty of that in youth). Which is why it's curious why there aren't a million charged child porn cases for peer to peer "child porn". 

These charges do happen. Normal high school behavior is sometimes lumped in with the most heinous, even though no thinking person views it the same. Especially when there is motivation for punishing the "offender."

Some of us are interested in a very important distinction before making judgment. No one is defending anyone, just asking for the full story. If you knew the details, you would have already shared by now.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, cbo said:

These charges do happen. Normal high school behavior is sometimes lumped in with the most heinous, even though no thinking person views it the same. Especially when there is motivation for punishing the "offender."

Some of us are interested in a very important distinction before making judgment. No one is defending anyone, just asking for the full story. If you knew the details, you would have already shared by now.

Or maybe I don't think it's my job to give out the specifics of a criminal case. That's for law enforcement or his family(that won't happen) I'm a nobody just like everyone else on an internet message board. So I will delete my posts all except the one where I believe he should receive a most severe punishment because I'm extremely confident that is 100% accurate. Apologies for stirring a pot that wasn't intended.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, SuperAUsome09 said:

Or maybe I don't think it's my job to give out the specifics of a criminal case. That's for law enforcement or his family(that won't happen) I'm a nobody just like everyone else on an internet message board. So I will delete my posts all except the one where I believe he should receive a most severe punishment because I'm extremely confident that is 100% accurate. Apologies for stirring a pot that wasn't intended.

No apology necessary. If you know the details and it is indeed the worst case, then I completely understand your passion on the subject. And I would say he should be locked away forever.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, cbo said:

These charges do happen. Normal high school behavior is sometimes lumped in with the most heinous, even though no thinking person views it the same. Especially when there is motivation for punishing the "offender."

Some of us are interested in a very important distinction before making judgment. No one is defending anyone, just asking for the full story. If you knew the details, you would have already shared by now.

Wise thoughts!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2022 at 6:11 AM, Hay Field 101 said:

And I pray the Rod's children  can come to "terms" dealing with the fact everyday that this POS murdered their parents and now is dealing in child porn. How many victims does this D Bag get  before he decides to "come to terms" or what ever in the hell that means. 

You mean you don’t have more sympathy for the killer and the child pornographer than the victims of the crime? Man what’s the matter with you? You’re supposed to have more sympathy for the criminal than the victims, don’t you know that?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/18/2022 at 7:34 PM, DAG said:

Prison will give him a lot of time. He should consider himself lucky . Most people aren’t privileged  enough to get a second chance. He had it and let it go in a very avoidable situation.

IMO he was given more than a second chance.  He was caught speeding again not long after the Bramlett's deaths while he was supposed to be on house arrest.  Then he failed a random drug test while he was on probation.  HOPEFULLY he gets put away for a very long time now that he's been tagged by the Fed's for child pornography.  Federal prison will not be kind to a fresh young boy like him.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...