Baseball vs. Georgia

Just got home and saw the game is in extra innings. AU scored twice in top of 12 only to see UG score twice in bottom of 12. 

Good start for AU in 13th. Single by Miller and went to second on throwing error. Wiley walks, first and second with no outs

Bad throw on pick off to first and UGA has runner on third now with nobody out. 

Edited by FUZZYAUFAN

It's been a gutsy performance by our guys. Huge Bliss homer as I typed that to put us up 3 in the top of the 14th! We better keep scoring though because our bullpen has forfeited our leads for like the last 3 innings.

• Like 1

RBI double and a two run home run by Bliss. AU now leads 9-6 in top of 14. Come on Baseball gods, you got to have Auburn hang on and win this game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Okay, bullpen. I'm just asking you to hold a lead ONE time.

Auburn needs this. A win here will hopefully get the good things rolling. 

Getting the first out without letting a man on is huge. That first out is crucial. Now just put it away

• Like 2

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

That’s a HUGEEEEEE ask! 

Broken clock is right twice a day ... so, there's a chance. 🤞

• Haha 1

Very tough and gritty win! Glavine continues to improve, Swilling and Morrison continue to be our best options out of the pen. No expectations the rest of the year, lets just end it on a high note.

• Like 1

So that puts us at 4 wins which is one behind TAMU and Mizzour who are at 5. Aggies currently in extras with State. I don't have any expectations either, but I would really love for us to find some way to get to Hoover.

8 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Broken clock is right twice a day ... so, there's a chance. 🤞

Your clock did good! Finally...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, steeleagle said:

Your clock did good! Finally...

Good clock. :D

As bad as this year has been the fight has never quit in the offense. If Glavine, Morrison, Skipper can continue to pitch the way they have been we can make a serious run. I still don't think we have a shot in hell at postseason but I don't want to continue to lose every series.

A 14 inning game followed by an 11 o'clock start the next morning is an interesting situation. AU used seven pitchers last night, UGA used five. Now, as much as I like Butch as our coach, if I had to complain about something it would be that he babies his pitchers to much. To me a pitcher who threw 35 or fewer pitches last night should be good to go today.

That would eliminate Glavine and Morrison with all others available. It will be interesting to see how he plays it.

It’s been a tough year but I’ll give Butch credit. It would be easy for the team to get discouraged and quit fighting as many close ones as they have lost but they have continued to battle hard. Might fault some of the aspects of the coaching but that is a positive reflection on the coaching staff and Butch in particular 

• Like 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Baseball vs. Georgia

Thank goodness we got the 7 runs in the 1st and 2nd innings because we aren't getting anything else. B7 and it's 7-4 Auburn. Georgia has the lead off hitter on 1st.