Baseball vs. Georgia

We got the win but I don't understand leaving Swilling in there with how much he was struggling. Maybe they just didn't trust who we had left or maybe we didn't have anybody left. Got the series win, though, so I will take it.

• Like 1

If we could’ve played this whole season the way we played these last two games postseason wouldn’t even be a question

5 hours ago, fredst said:

Winning an SEC series (finally!) is huge. WDE!

When Auburn got the win last night I knew that they'd win today. If they had lost that game last night after fighting so hard I think it would've broken the team for the rest of 2021. It felt like they were on the edge of a cliff....

Will Morrison was digging deep to get that last out. This is a gritty, tough bunch of kids and last night was fascinating. 

Today the Tigers seemed confident despite the fact that they must've been pretty tired. Winning changes everything.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, nurbis said:

We got the win but I don't understand leaving Swilling in there with how much he was struggling. Maybe they just didn't trust who we had left or maybe we didn't have anybody left. Got the series win, though, so I will take it.

I liked the move. IMO going to someone else and putting him in that big pressured situation was disaster waiting to happen. Plus, Swilling was making a bunch of good pitches, getting squeezed by the ump, and not giving up a ton of hard contact. I think we’d seen earlier in the year with the BC collapse that, when we made the change to go away from Cam Hill with two outs, things imploded. And Swilling paid it off. 

8 hours ago, nurbis said:

I think you nailed it with: :"We didn't have anybody left". Used 7 pitchers last night and 4 more today. Swilling wasn't walking them and we were pretty close to the bottom of the barrel.

Swilling still had enough gas in the tank to grind it out. And he had a great defense behind him. No reason to change pitchers.

• Like 1