Sure looking like it was a bad move for Seth to leave early

TitanTiger

2/3rd of the way through the 5th round and still waiting to hear his name called.  Seems like he could have used another season, in a different offense, better route trees, etc.

• Like 6

Personally with his talent, he shouldn't be going lower than the 2nd round and if that's not happening this year, his ass should be back in school getting ready to make sure no team lets him fall below that next year.

• Like 1

I am glad he was at Auburn, but I always got the feeling that, as good as he is, he thought he was naturally better, and his effort and attitude showed that sometimes. This decision was the same - he's good, but not as good as the thought he is.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Personally with his talent, he shouldn't be going lower than the 2nd round and if that's not happening this year, his ass should be back in school getting ready to make sure no team lets him fall below that next year.

It’s other stuff . Definitely talent and solely not Malzahn. I am making the assumption his attitude is causing him to slide and especially if it was mention by his coaches. There is honestly no other rationale why someone like him hasn’t been drafted. Regardless, I think he will be a solid steal for a team.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DAG said:

It’s other stuff . Definitely talent and solely not Malzahn. I am making the assumption his attitude is causing him to slide and especially if it was mention by his coaches. There is honestly no other rationale why someone like him hasn’t been drafted. Regardless, I think he will be a solid steal for a team.

I've always gotten the feeling Seth is a legend in his own mind. I could be totally wrong, but just the vibe I've gotten from his attitude and demeanor. He may be a steal for someone now, but he cost himself $$ by leaving early imo.

Edited by boisnumber1
  • Like 4

He is not as talented as some of you think. NFL agrees. The "me,me" attitude doesn't go well in a job interview. College was his job interview

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Green Bay could use some WR talent.  

-AR

Too late though, I don’t plan on playing in Green Bay anymore

-AR

• Haha 3
  • Sad 2

Not surprising. 

Being a good athlete doesn't mean much anymore. He is a dime a dozen in physical attributes. He was constantly not getting any separation, dropped many passes, perpetually slacking on the field, and had an attitude problem. 

Sure some of this may be in very small part to malzahn, but ultimately, this is on Seth. 

• Like 1

The report I saw said he was bad in between the 20's but very effective in the red zone.  That probably got him drafted.  

Edited by casatiger
  • Like 1

Size and talent yes . Attitude? No way.  He was more interested in scrapping with the other team . He talked like he was Jerry Rice . 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chizhead said:

He is not as talented as some of you think. NFL agrees. The "me,me" attitude doesn't go well in a job interview. College was his job interview

Agreed. He was a good college receiver, but by far not one of AU’s best ever. I think it’s a combo of his QB, HC and his own ego that cost him. Hope he does well regardless. 

• Like 3

Most of his highlights are 50/50 balls or jumping over smaller dudes.  That's just gift not skill...he got schooled by Horn from South Carolina. That being said I hope he does well, and learns and grows into a good one. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

^ Exactly what I was going to say. 
Seth lost a lot of money when he was absolutely dominated by Jaycee Horn at USCe. Doubt his attitude helped, but think losing this match up was the bigger reason he fell so far. 

• Like 1

I wish all of our draftees well. Including Seth. He’s got great talent. Anyone who watched him closely in games knows he loafed a lot when the ball was away from him. Duke Williams was the same way. What makes me maddest, is both players were allowed to repeatedly do it without repercussions from their coaches. And it costs them huge dollars. I hope our new staff implements much tighter accountability from week to week. It will boost the team in the short run and the player in the long run. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hope Seth sticks and goes off in the pros. AR to Denver would be a big help. Lots of guys with his talent level now so hope he figures it out quickly 

Another year in a new system wouldn't have helped if he has the attitude some of you say he has. I hope he makes it. Some people need their back to the wall to step up. Was he really pushed at Auburn or did he know he was going to be on the field regardless...an honest question because I certainly don't know him but I wish him the best and hope he can rise to the challenge. 

Suuuuuper premature thread. 

There are a ton of variables that go into these decisions and the assumption that any player would've been better served with another year in college is naive, to put it kindly. 

Btw, Harsin had 2 WRs drafted while he was HC at Boise- a fifth rounder and a sixth rounder.

Predictable response from the fan base. Still frustrating.

PS- I'm not predicting anything for Seth or denying any observations about his attitude. But "low round draft position = shoulda stayed" is fallacious. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, IronMan70 said:

NFL.com link to Seth's player evaluation page. Some interesting comments pro and con. https://www.nfl.com/prospects/seth-williams/32005749-4c52-1263-5c33-d4d14ef18b01

The lack of urgency and inconsistencies as a big pass catcher can be maddening during tape study. Williams is a different receiver in the red zone, where his size and length are huge advantages on jump-ball battles. However, between the 20s, his routes lack salesmanship, he's unable to create separation and he fails to use his size to prevail. Despite some of the flashes and his overall potential, he doesn't have the field demeanor of a player with an NFL-caliber competitive streak. His physical traits are certainly worthy of a Day 3 selection, but he needs to play with more passion if he wants to make it as a long-term pro."

• Like 2